Has anything good happened this offseason yet

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No Rocky now I'm not an unreasonable fan I just feel like we have lost an amount of players that I don't feel we can replace through the draft.
Tyron Smith as much as people maligned him for being hurt when he did play was definitely above average I'm just not sure that he can be replaced sure we can move Tyler over but then we have another hole.
Our center certainly wasn't the second coming of Travis Frederick by any stretch of the imagination but he was a starter and replacing him and Tyron along with everything else we need could be a little difficult somewhere we have to get a running back and we need defensive line help just feel like we had to be a little more active in free agency to fill some of these holes.

Not against Zimmer at all but I'm still on a wait and see with him Quinn did some good things and the players liked him but seemed over matched when it mattered anxious to see if Zimmer can rise to the occasion when necessary
You asked for anything positive. I gave you several. It’s your choice to follow the hater crowd. We all have choices.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We are a considerably worse team at this point then we were when we choked against GB in Jan.

If this core group couldn’t win when they had more talent around them— I fail to see how they will win going forward.

2023 was when the window shut. New HC in 2025. Lots of contracts and dead money off the books by 2026.

I don’t see how they win more than 8 or 9 games this year.
I have to agree I can't see how anyone could say that we are better in the team that was shellacked by Green Bay

Granted we still have the draft but how many plug and Play players can we actually get.

We have to replace our starting center our starting left tackle our starting running back and by all means we need some type of defensive line help as we lost a couple good players there and that was already a weak spot.

Hard to believe there's enough draft picks in the world to fix this mess

Blackrain

Reaction score
You asked for anything positive. I gave you several. It’s your choice to follow the hater crowd. We all have choices.
Don't label me a hater because I want to see the front office improve our team and replace the players we lost

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

We used to be able to at least sign our own guys.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.
Best thing that has happened so far is we have not committed to extending Dak. Millions of fans now have hope that they will make him prove this year that he can carry a team (he can't), because if they do sign him to the kind of contract he wants, he's going to have to do that. If he manages to do that (he won't), and he can take them on a deep playoff run to the NFCCG and even if we lose we don't lose because he looks like he just saw a ghost, then he will at least have earned it. Spoiler alert....

This won't happen.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

We used to be able to at least sign our own guys.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.
Wemby is looking awesome.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kept the coach? Yep.

Kept the QB? Yep.

Lost guys in FA? Yep.

Barely filled any roster holes in FA? Yep.

The offseason has been a rousing success.
And it looks like we have a C who makes Costa the Turnstile look like an all pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
0bbe22ad-c423-4c0a-9233-89d6de2c9f91_text.gif