Has Dak Peaked?

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak peaked his rookie year. Developing into an elite passer was never in the cards for Dak. That’s why his contract is such a disaster for this team.

We’ll always be compensating for his lack of talent while at the same time compensating for his enormous contract. Overpaying your QB is the kiss of death for a team. That’s why you see teams giving away their overpaid QB’s.

I agree with everything except the bold. Dak wasn't as good in 2016 as he is now. Our offensive line was really good. Our RB was the focus of most defenses. That's what we need to do in order to win. Be more like the 49ers model. They trot Dak out there with a gameplan like he's Aaron Rodgers. Then be surprised by the end result?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so, This season posted more TD than any other season, highest completion rate and 2nd highest QB rating. I think he is capable of more. I also look for him being a year past the injury to run the ball a bit more when things break down or an opening present itself.
I agree, but we really need a couple of good linemen

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Cowboys were productive in 2021, leading the league in total offense (407 yards per game) and total points (31.2) while ranking second for passing yards per game (282.4 yards) and fourth for passing yards per play (7.42). And yet, Dallas’ 12-5 season sputtered late in the year, particularly against teams with winning records. Not bad for a quarterback who dealt with several injuries thoughout the season.

What's sad, the Cowboys were the lone home team to lose in the wild-card round of the playoffs, Prescott and his receivers connecting on just 53.5% of passes in the postseason disappointment. I blame Moore!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You are worthless stop posting to me if you don't like it. I stated facts and you put up this meaningless drivel because you don't like him.
"Garbage time" is a fun talking point.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I agree with everything except the bold. Dak wasn't as good in 2016 as he is now. Our offensive line was really good. Our RB was the focus of most defenses. That's what we need to do in order to win. Be more like the 49ers model. They trot Dak out there with a gameplan like he's Aaron Rodgers. Then be surprised by the end result?

Dak averaged higher yards per attempt and per completion in 2016. He is given more opportunities to pass now but hasn’t made the most of it and checks down way too much. That skews his stats and makes him look more efficient than he really is.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best season of his career so far. Never had a better QBR or Qb rating since.
Also had Dez, OL and a healthy Zeke. He also wasn't asked to carry the team. Big difference. Not to mention he had a great mentor in Coach Garrett! ;)

Carson

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed...

We are just like those teams you named. This isn't 1996. We're the Browns now. At least the Browns are trying to be better.
I guess you clearly missed the second part of the post that said

"There are only so many Mahomes, Staffords, Rodgers, Allen's and Burrow's in the league. The other 20 teams are stuck overpaying or desperately trying to find anything consistent."

So you can overpay or you can continue to search for the next Mahomes / Stafford.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you would have called me an idiot in a correct way I would have just ignored it, but I mean, if you're going to stoop so low to call me a name at least do it right.
No you wouldn't you crave the attention. You NEED the "likes."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak averaged higher yards per attempt and per completion in 2016. He is given more opportunities to pass now but hasn’t made the most of it and checks down way too much. That skews his stats and makes him look more efficient than he really is.
8th in the NFL is passes 20+. Explain in your own words what a checkdown is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"Garbage time" is a fun talking point.

Yeah too bad that is not true, Dallas went 12-5 on the season, not 5 and 12 and he gets no more garbage points than any other QB in the league. Great spin but total BS

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guess you clearly missed the second part of the post that said

"There are only so many Mahomes, Staffords, Rodgers, Allen's and Burrow's in the league. The other 20 teams are stuck overpaying or desperately trying to find anything consistent."

So you can overpay or you can continue to search for the next Mahomes / Stafford.
I'd rather continue to the search, because when you find a real QB you are rewarded handsomely.

Unforntunetley, I feel Jerry is focused entirely on the short term with every decision. His age probably pays into this, so until he is no longer in charge I don't see us even trying to build an actual great team, but instead just plug in a guy here or there and always come up short unless we get really lucky.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah too bad that is not true, Dallas went 12-5 on the season, not 5 and 12 and he gets no more garbage points than any other QB in the league. Great spin but total BS
Agreed. It reminds me of the other talking point going around that "Dak has a bad record against no conference teams." Lol. So silly the stretching involved with trashing him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree, but we really need a couple of good linemen

and Dak will need to use his legs when the opportunity presents itself. I get the fact that team was reluctant of him running but I think he will have to use all assets

Flamma

Reaction score

I agree. Ryan Fitzpatrick also looks like Tom Brady given all day in the pocket to pass. We're not going anywhere without a really good OL and run game. We don't have that quarterback.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No you wouldn't you crave the attention. You NEED the "likes."
Need em? Nah I don't need internet points, but since you want to bring it up....

When it comes to fake internet points you're like Dak and I'm like Joe Burrow. I've been around not nearly as long, but already had WAY more success.

Jkyle

Reaction score

True but he had his worst performances against winning teams. Patriots were the only decent win from last year. The other games against upper level teams weren't good.