Has Dak Peaked?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I never would have imagined a 4th round draft choice becoming rookie of the year and receiving a $100 Million contract. Classic over achiever. We got lucky.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The dude passes 30+ times per game now. Very few QBs pass more than he does. His average per completion was a career LOW last season. He checks down on the reg.
The only season he didn't pass for 30+ a game was 2016. What do you mean "now?"

Motorola

Reaction score
heads up a 42 page argument regurgigating the same thing on both sides coming....
It might take a while - but with topic title - the thread will remain on page 1 due to the CZ membership checking in.
And don't forget about the back-and-forth insult duels between a pair of fans that goes on for about ten posts each.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The only season he didn't pass for 30+ a game was 2016. What do you mean "now?"

I’m comparing last season to his rookie year. On paper those are his two best full seasons. His rookie year was better than last season on average.

foofighters

Reaction score
How embarassing that someone thinks that breaking all kinds of Cowboy's passing records and finishing top 5 in multiple passing categories does not equate to "elite passer"

Some mythical measurements must exist that I am not aware of to attain this label.
An elite QB
How embarassing that someone thinks that breaking all kinds of Cowboy's passing records and finishing top 5 in multiple passing categories does not equate to "elite passer"

Some mythical measurements must exist that I am not aware of to attain this label.
If that's the case, Then Romo was elite too...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Need em? Nah I don't need internet points, but since you want to bring it up....

When it comes to fake internet points you're like Dak and I'm like Joe Burrow. I've been around not nearly as long, but already had WAY more success.
Nice try, you were drooling in the past about how many "likes" you have like it matters. A little sad.
Everyone knows you're clueless and only use team success to place on a QB when it fits your narrative. I'm glad you're on the Burrow wagon though.

Brax

Reaction score
The Cowboys were productive in 2021, leading the league in total offense (407 yards per game) and total points (31.2) while ranking second for passing yards per game (282.4 yards) and fourth for passing yards per play (7.42). And yet, Dallas’ 12-5 season sputtered late in the year, particularly against teams with winning records. Not bad for a quarterback who dealt with several injuries thoughout the season.

What's sad, the Cowboys were the lone home team to lose in the wild-card round of the playoffs, Prescott and his receivers connecting on just 53.5% of passes in the postseason disappointment. I blame Moore!
Blame Moore? You do know he didn't throw a single pass, but maybe he should of.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True but he had his worst performances against winning teams. Patriots were the only decent win from last year. The other games against upper level teams weren't good.
Like nearly every QB in the NFL. That's how it works. Good teams outperform bad teams. "Record against winning teams" is a loose take. Same with "non conference wins."

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Vanilla2

Reaction score
How old was romo when he turned the corner to the romo we all now love and adore

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You hit it on the head, He isn't a carry the team type QB.
He can at times, but there's no doubt that he needs a quality line to keep him from getting happy feet and rushing his throws. He also excels with the play action, which, again he needs a line for that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak hasn't shown that he's reached the next level in his QB progression. Early on, his mobility was a big asset to compensate for his lack/limitations of passing ability.
Now, he doesn't display that same zeal to use his running ability, mainly due to his hesitation from injuries and his seeming want to prove that he is a legitimate passer.
He is still a quality QB but he has yet to show he is a Force Multiplier as a QB. FM's elevate their team and overcome player limitations. He hasn't shown that ability and now we are stuck paying him as a top QB and we may not see him reach that FM level. I think the struggles by his Oline have taken a toll and he doesn't seem as confident and that affects his accuracy.
He seems to gain a lot of his stats during garbage time after the team has fallen behind by double digits. He teases a comeback but seems to come up short more times than not.

Dak has shown that he is a top 10 QB in this league. We can all argue about where he falls from 5-10. Personally I put him at 7.

But your angle just goes to show your looking at this the wrong way. Dak's play, like all QB's will be determined by the quality of the players around him.

Dak has shown if that you if you give him relative time to throw and some weapons, he can play elite football. He is not a guy like Mahomes or Rogers that is going to skirt around in the pocket, buy lots of time. He can throw on the run and get out of trouble, but he isnt elite. But give him a good Oline and can play elite.

Thats where I have him. So Dak's play will be determined by how well we fix the Oline. He has plenty of weapons. But like Mahomes or anyone else, if the QB doesnt have proper blocking, the offense will be inconsistent.

And certainly its difficult to overcome 8-10 penalties a game by the Oline. Again, fix the line.

And this isn't about "perfect around him". Its about give a QB, like any QB, what he needs to be successful.

Guroppolo beat Dak, then beat Rogers. Stafford beat Brady. All because they had better teams then the other guy around the QB.

This isnt rocket science.

Reactions: G2

Vanilla2

Reaction score
When he became a broadcaster.
True, but there’s 2 romos. The one that made us hate him and the one we remember when remember how much we love him. I’m trying to remember when the turn happened cuz I was there with my romo for president tshirts they used to sell

Brax

Reaction score
He can at times, but there's no doubt that he needs a quality line to keep him from getting happy feet and rushing his throws. He also excels with the play action, which, again he needs a line for that.
Dak needs help in the OL and a great run game the rest will take care of itself, not sure we will see that this year.