Has Dak Prescott shown enough for Dallas to sign long term?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Cared like Zeke and D-law cared when they sat out for top positional pay overall?

Again, you asked about Dak. I agree that Zeke and D-Law should have taken team friendly deals. You are now trying to justify that because of Zeke and D-Law, Dak should not agree to a team friendly deal and that's his choice. Just as it would be the Cowboys FO's choice to shake his hand and show him the door.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes......but I still question how you can have the highest paid WR, RB, Dak...... AND makeover the defense. What we are doing now in regard to allocation of resources is not a winning formula.

As much as I'd like to keep our WR group together, I have to think you're right. I'm afraid we will need to trade one of our WRs. Coop may be a good one to trade. I'd also try to trade Cedric Wilson. He's been showing quite a lot, and maybe we can get a pretty high pick for him. Blake Jarwin may be another good trade as I think Schultz has shown to be a solid TE. I think there are moves with contracts we can also make that will help our defence.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!
Dak deserves the be the highest-paid player in the NFL!:confused:
Defense Nah we don't one of those we got Dak Mahomes under center baby!!:muttley:

KB1122

Reaction score
I'd still like to see some of Dalton. I don't necessarily think he's better but I would like to see how a different QB would do in this offense. If he can play anywhere close to as well as Dak does that shows you don't need to resign Dak. Take that money and throw it all at the defense. Get some decent free agents who aren't in their last legs and use the draft too. Leave a little to shore up the O-line.

I'd like to see Dalton because it would give us an idea of what different

One of my great frustrations with this team is that they have refused to bring in quarterback competition for Dak or for Tony. So we're flying blind regarding how good they really are.

I mean, Roger had to beat out Craig Morton, who was no slouch. He won the Super Bowl and still had to fight for his job.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:facepalm:

You would think that at some point, the whole "Pay The Man" thing would die out. But no, it is apparently alive and well.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak Hater Alert @USArmyVet

But Dak is only 2nd to Russell in Wins since 2016...

BUT of course Dak Haters will only select a historic sample point that support their agenda

@USArmyVet why did you arbitrarily select 28 Games?

Why did you select last 28 Games?

Is this how NFL capability is determined? By 28 Games?

Actually I think Dak is second behind Brady not Wilson. But the point remains the same. This dude's "facts" are also a lie.. The team went 7-1 in the last 8 games of 2018. Then 8-8 in 2019 and now 1-3. THat makes them 16-12 in the last 28 games.. But trolls never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honesty even if you are against dak it’s hard to make an argument that he is not the best player on the entire team.

I challenge anyone to point out a player that is playing better at their respective position than dak or doing more to help the team be as competitive as possible.

the question is the money thing on the contract but just do it like Mahomes deal and we will be fine...this defense and oline both need massive help before this team goes anywhere

Exactly, fix the trenches, and keep Dak. Dak is the best player on this team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Actually what I saw yesterday finally convinced me that Dak should be the long term answer for this team. So many of his throws yesterday were made under duress, with guys hanging all around him.. unable to step up.. unable to scramble because the pressure was coming from all sides, yet he delivered strike after strike. He also did not allow himself or his teammates to quit despite being down 27 points. It's clear that this team is not going anywhere unless a miracle happens and they start playing defense.. But I've seen enough from Dak Prescott to go get his John Hancock on a long term deal. That dude is the truth and still getting better. I am on record sayin that no matter what his numbers look like at the end of the year if we miss the playoffs he needs to go. Yesterday changed my mind. Not just because of the way he battled but also because I saw just how bad this defense is.. There is nothing Dak can do to make up for a defense that bad. They're averaging 35 ppg in the last three games and are 1-2 in them. But count me among those who think Dak and his agent should think long and hard about committing long term to an organization that is going to saddle him with a defense this bad. To the point where he has to be near perfect or he is guaranteed to lose. Who the hell needs that?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Look at it this way.. Dak made two or three mistakes yesterday.. the defense makes that many mistakes every play.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Dak deserves the be the highest-paid player in the NFL!:confused:
Defense Nah we don't one of those we got Dak Mahomes under center baby!!:muttley:
When did I say Dak was on Mahomes lvl? ur implying that an NFL QB has to be one of the top 1-3 QBs in the NFL to be paid like one, which has never been the case. Were you upset when Romo got top QB money? The Defense is the major issue but the defense won’t get solved if dallas is also searching for a new QB at the same time. It’s a problem of resource allocation. The Dak supporters were correct to point out that not paying Dak would increase is value, because now Dallas can’t rebuild the Defense and find a QB, that would basically put Dallas into a rebuild.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
My concern is that with Moore as OC we have tried to make this a high powered pass friendly team but has hurt the team overall.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The game was tied 14-14 and the offense decided to take a nap for the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Not sure how that isn't referred to as the "offense quit playing"

Fine if you wanna ding the offense for having a bad 2nd and 3rd quarter.. but what do you have to say about the defense stinking up the joint in all 4 quarters? No matter what the offense did nothing short of absolute perfection was going to be enough when the defense was spread eagling for the Browns' offense.

Creeper

Reaction score
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!

It is not that simple, is it? If the Cowboys finish 1-15 or 3-13 and have the first pick in the draft, do you still want to sign Dak for $40 million a year?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Fine if you wanna ding the offense for having a bad 2nd and 3rd quarter.. but what do you have to say about the defense stinking up the joint in all 4 quarters? No matter what the offense did nothing short of absolute perfection was going to be enough when the defense was spread eagling for the Browns' offense.

They forget to add the offense didnt really have the ball in the 2nd and 3rd as the Browns were to busy running 1ISO for 7 yards a pop.

Reaction score
I see threads on how Schultz is balling.
Lamb is having a good rookie year
Cooper is on pace for 100 catches.

Somebody must be throwing these guys the ball. Right?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I see threads on how Schultz is balling.
Lamb is having a good rookie year
Cooper is on pace for 100 catches.

Somebody must be throwing these guys the ball. Right?

Nope its all them Dak is no better than Dalton...........this is a real thought to them, think of it this way they really think Baker out played Dak yesterday......and he did he handed that ball off perfect for a record 307 yards on the ground........its disturbing how they can't see the defense through their Dak hate...DISTURBING