Has Dak Prescott shown enough for Dallas to sign long term?

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I don’t see Mohames putting up garbage stats game after game. He dictates what’s happening. We’re 3-1/4-0 with Mohames.
Andy Reid took Mcnabb to quadruple nfc championship games.

Even Alex smith averaged a 12-4 record with him.

Unless he comes to Dallas too we’re likely 1-3

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I said it in other threads I’ll say it here. Dak had a top 10 defense last year statistically. In a bad division. He still couldn’t beat a winning team... still couldn’t beat the eagles late in the year. Despite having elite offensive talent.

last night he had us up 14-7. Then it was 38-14. Does the middle of the game not matter? Did daks offense not get the ball after Cleveland scored on every possession?

Cowboys - 0 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters! 0!

Excuse after excuse is made for dak. Because of stats. It’s wins we want.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!

We still need Zeke and the running game to show up.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
It is not that simple, is it? If the Cowboys finish 1-15 or 3-13 and have the first pick in the draft, do you still want to sign Dak for $40 million a year?
Yes. And trade down to get multiple picks...

Havic

Reaction score
I'm ok with paying Dak with Russel Wilsons contract or slightly less. Im done with Zeke, cut or trade him and get a good quality RB in the draft.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This doesn't account for the potential loss of points and time of possession the turnovers cost. We can assume the defense is going to give up points. The offense needs to help them out by scoring and by taking some time to do it.

If those turnovers ended up as 14+ points for the Cowboys and less opportunity for the Browns we all might be a little happier today. Emphasis on the word "might".

If the defense had shown some signs of life to that point I might agree. However the Browns averaged more than 9 yards per carry on the ground in the first half. They were getting damn near a first down on every run. What possible hope did anyone have that they would have been able to stop the Browns at any point there? Blaming Dak because Steele whiffed on Garrett (again) is somewhat asinine. I would be more inclined to blame the idiot coaches for putting that kid out there on an island against an elite pass rusher. That was almost as bad as what they did to poor Chaz Green. But at least this coaching staff had the good sense to stop the bleeding before their QB got hurt and the kid became a basket case. Likewise Dak had nothing to do with Zeke fumbling.. Especially on his longest run of the season.. He was about to get it rolling and then he does that. I don't know what's up with HIS ball security this season.. but it needs to git fixed. I have every confidence that it will. Zeke is not a fumbler.. These early fumbles will probably be his last of the season.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If the defense had shown some signs of life to that point I might agree. However the Browns averaged more than 9 yards per carry on the ground in the first half. They were getting damn near a first down on every run. What possible hope did anyone have that they would have been able to stop the Browns at any point there? Blaming Dak because Steele whiffed on Garrett (again) is somewhat asinine. I would be more inclined to blame the idiot coaches for putting that kid out there on an island against an elite pass rusher. That was almost as bad as what they did to poor Chaz Green. But at least this coaching staff had the good sense to stop the bleeding before their QB got hurt and the kid became a basket case. Likewise Dak had nothing to do with Zeke fumbling.. Especially on his longest run of the season.. He was about to get it rolling and then he does that. I don't know what's up with HIS ball security this season.. but it needs to git fixed. I have every confidence that it will. Zeke is not a fumbler.. These early fumbles will probably be his last of the season.
I wasn't blaming anyone in my post. I was just suggesting that turning those drives into 14 points instead of handing the Browns points is a big swing that could have kept the game close and into "anything can happen" territory, Especially since 'anything can happen' almost did happen even with the turnovers!

There was about a 7 minute differential in TOP which could have been reduced by holding on to those balls and if those drives were capitalized on by the Cowboys instead of the Browns I don't think it is unreasonable to think that possibly things could have turned out differently. I'm not saying they woulda won. Just saying they coulda had a better chance to win. Who the hell knows though.

I'm a fan of Zeke's game too. I'm betting that he finds the antidote for this fumblitis he seems to have contracted.

catiii

Reaction score
Dak and his agent would be foolish to sign a long-term deal with the Cowboys.

If they’re smart, which I think they are based on how they have valued his worth, they will only play for the Cowboys under the tag again next year and then sign a long-term deal with a team that is well-managed.

New England would be a perfect fit.
I agree!!!! Please go to NE!!!!

Adreme

Reaction score
I agree!!!! Please go to NE!!!!

Do you want them to win the next 6 SBs? They are making the ghost of Cam Newton into a team that will likely win the AFC East and be a serious playoff contender. With a real QB (and half their defense not deferring a year) they would basically dominate the league for years.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Let’s say Dak is Mahommes version 2.0

this team is not close.
McCarthy came for a job and a paycheck.

Let Dak walk...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just watching the differences in bakers and daks footwork is light-years away. dak acts like his feet are in cement and are slow in his movements in the backfield. pay the man who else can pad those stats and still lose?

Hardline

Reaction score
He is worth signing long term but not for elite QB money .
I personally would rather draft a first round QB with a rookie contract and build an elite defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He is worth signing long term but not for elite QB money .
I personally would rather draft a first round QB with a rookie contract and build an elite defense.

That's a tough bet to make. Finding a legit NFL QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. Finding a stud? Damn near impossible. There is almost never more than 5 or 6 of them on the planet at any given time. Ten tops. If you have one you hang onto him. It's cute to say you can find a serviceable QB in the draft and build an elite defense but I can name the teams that have won with elite defense and pedestrian QB play in the salary cap era on one hand and have fingers leftover. And you only get to count the Ravens and Giants as one team even though they won more than one Super Bowl. I guess the other one would be Steelers first one with Ruthlessraper and the Bucs with Johnson. I suppose you could throw the Seahawks with young Russ in there as well but Russ was top 5 in the league in passer rating and QBR that year. OKay maybe I might need two hands to count 'em. But that's 6 Super Bowls (7 if you count the Seahawks) out of the last 30 what have accomplished what you seems to be proposing. That means you're almost 4 times as likely to win with a badass QB and an okay defense than the other way around.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I said it in other threads I’ll say it here. Dak had a top 10 defense last year statistically. In a bad division. He still couldn’t beat a winning team... still couldn’t beat the eagles late in the year. Despite having elite offensive talent.

last night he had us up 14-7. Then it was 38-14. Does the middle of the game not matter? Did daks offense not get the ball after Cleveland scored on every possession?

Cowboys - 0 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters! 0!

Excuse after excuse is made for dak. Because of stats. It’s wins we want.

Why take a brain dead fallacy and repeat it in multiple threads. Dak beat both the Eagles AND the Rams last year.. Both had a winning record.. If you want some credibility maybe stick to arguing things which are factual. Blathering crap that isn't true just makes people think you're a troll.

Are you?

Hardline

Reaction score
That's a tough bet to make. Finding a legit NFL QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. Finding a stud? Damn near impossible. There is almost never more than 5 or 6 of them on the planet at any given time. Ten tops. If you have one you hang onto him. It's cute to say you can find a serviceable QB in the draft and build an elite defense but I can name the teams that have won with elite defense and pedestrian QB play in the salary cap era on one hand and have fingers leftover. And you only get to count the Ravens and Giants as one team even though they won more than one Super Bowl. I guess the other one would be Steelers first one with Ruthlessraper and the Bucs with Johnson. I suppose you could throw the Seahawks with young Russ in there as well but Russ was top 5 in the league in passer rating and QBR that year. OKay maybe I might need two hands to count 'em. But that's 6 Super Bowls (7 if you count the Seahawks) out of the last 30 what have accomplished what you seems to be proposing. That means you're almost 4 times as likely to win with a badass QB and an okay defense than the other way around.
Until you find one you have to keep rolling the dice.
Typically championships are won on the defensive side
Only exceptions are elite QBs.