Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

CWR

Reaction score
If it’s a ridiculous argument they would’ve reviewed it. Can’t believe some of you are still making such a big deal out of it when we won the game. Thank goodness the bye week is over. Lol

It's OK brother. We can agree to disagree.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How could the ball have not been over when they unpiled...his waste was at the goal line.

Ask the officials and the Cowboys players that were standing there when the bodies were unpiled. Neither the refs or the Cowboys players signaled touchdown.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's big deal because it is a game changing event, that wasn't corrected. Anyone in their right mind knows it was a TD. Had that been a loss, I think it's worth pressing.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Was that the play MM challenged. There was no clear view and couldn’t be reversed if it was called a TD and was weird the refs that called it was silenced. Should have lined up McGovern as FB and rammed Elliot in.

Was the perfect screw job.
No. I was talking about the 3rd down where Dak seemed to clearly be in. Someone on here, I think @stasheroo ? Said the ref signaled td.

My apologies if I’m misremembering.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They don’t care where his waist is, the ball has to be in the endzone. If the ball was in the endzone they would’ve signaled touchdown after unpiling the bodies.
Can you imagine any realistic way that his waste may have been in, but not the ball?

Paint me a picture and I’ll listen.

Reactions: G2

he-is-bonafide

Reaction score
Oh I know you agree he was in. You're just saying the evidence isn't strong enough to support that point of view, and I understand that. Like I said earlier, I'm not really concerned with whether or not Dak got robbed, just that they should have taken time to adequately review it, because it may be more important in a future situation for one team or another.
The thing is the evidence is completely strong enough and conclusive. For Marcus' snapshot of the knee down scenario to be evidence of 'inconclusive', Dak would have needed to go from near horizontal position diving toward the end zone, to near vertical (from some unseen force) when knee touched with the ball behind line, and then back to horizontal lying with the ball in the end zone. The replay from above shows that this 100% did not happen. It was simply botched and should be acknowledged as such.
I know not everything is possible to get 100% correct but this was as bad as an error gets for refs in regard to ball spotting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I was talking about the 3rd down where Dak seemed to clearly be in. Someone on here, I think @stasheroo ? Said the ref signaled td.

I thought that was the play being discussed. I clearly saw an official signal touchdown. What I’m not sure of is whether it was third or fourth down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can you imagine any realistic way that his waste may have been in, but not the ball?

Paint me a picture and I’ll listen.

I’m not saying the ball wasn’t in the endzone the problem was you couldn’t see the ball. His waist breaking the plane of the goal line doesn’t matter you have to see the ball. They don’t assume anything.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I thought that was the play being discussed. I clearly saw an official signal touchdown. What I’m not sure of is whether it was third or fourth down.
On fourth they did signal it a td. I’m not sure on 3rd either.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m not saying the ball wasn’t in the endzone the problem was you couldn’t see the ball. His waist breaking the plane of the goal line doesn’t matter you have to see the ball. They don’t assume anything.
Seems like they should’ve cleared the pile and signaled it like you said. Since then you could see the ball and surmise that there’s no way he could squirm under a pile forward.

Bottom line: they had a very good angle from back right, as was shown on the tweets, and must’ve ignore that.

Weird.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seems like they should’ve cleared the pile and signaled it like you said. Since then you could see the ball and surmise that there’s no way he could squirm under a pile forward.

Bottom line: they had a very good angle from back right, as was shown on the tweets, and must’ve ignore that.

Weird.

The ball probably crossed the goal line but by the time they unpiled the bodies it got pushed back out of the endzone. Had the ball been in the endzone when they got all the bodies off the pile they would have signaled touchdown and the Cowboys players would have also.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Yeah they pulled the bodies off and Dak was across the line from the waist up. No way that’s not a TD. Should have been called and reviewed. But the refs looked right at it and had the nerve to spot it short. That was a plain and simple screw job the pats got on there favor. If it’s the pats qb it’s a td and not enough evidence to change it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The ball probably crossed the goal line but by the time they unpiled the bodies it got pushed back out of the endzone. Had the ball been in the endzone when they got all the bodies off the pile they would have signaled touchdown and the Cowboys players would have also.
Look at the replay. Or watch the end of the game. When they unpiled the bodies he was in the end zone as pictured in the link I sent the first reply.

Yes. You’d think they would’ve called it a td. They did not.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-patriots-dak-prescott-td-missed-by-refs

is after the refs moved guys off Dak's

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

It’s not really even that close. Hard to believe they “missed” that.

He’s PAST the white line by like 2ft.

johneric8

Reaction score
I think there is no doubt the league screwed this one up and they know it, but what good does it do rehashing it?

Bottom line, they ruled no touchdown but should of ruled in favor of one, this was their first mistake... they looked it over and didn't see enough to call it a touchdown which was their second mistake to cover their first... This was a biased call in favor of the patriots, that should of been called a touchdown immediately and the review wouldn't of shown enough to overturn it..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then the officiating is inadequate.