Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I already explained that. They saw the replays that were shown on TV and none of them showed the football. You couldn’t see the ball in any of them. If you can’t see the ball there’s no way to dispute the no call and call it a TD. They don’t care where the body is they have to see the ball. If some of you want to spend 15+ pages arguing this have fun! Lol
As I said, this view wasn't shown on TV, so clearly they have more angles available to look at than just the ones we see. That being the case, on a play this close, they should have stopped and checked every angle possible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As I said, this view wasn't shown on TV, so clearly they have more angles available to look at than just the ones we see. That being the case, on a play this close, they should have stopped and checked every angle possible.

Go re-watch the play during the telecast, the video that’s posted in this thread of the play is the same exact angle they showed in replay during the game. They then showed the above angle. You couldn’t see the ball in any of them. The game announcers said the same thing. The football was completely hidden by all the bodies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Go re-watch the play during the telecast, the video that’s posted in this thread of the play is the same exact angle they showed in replay during the game. They then showed the above angle. You couldn’t see the ball in any of them. The game announcers said the same thing. The football was completely hidden by all the bodies.
The announcers were also wondering why there was no review.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The announcers were also wondering why there was no review.

I wondered that myself but when you couldn’t see the ball anywhere that explained it. I believe it’s the ones watching the game in New York that have to stop the game for a review. They obviously couldn’t see the ball and let it go.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had they called it a TD on the field it would have stayed a TD because there wasn’t anything conclusive to reverse the call. There has to be conclusive evidence to reverse a call or to make a call.

CWR

Reaction score
His body appeared to be crossing the goal line but you don’t see the ball. There has to be a clear view of the ball crossing the goal line or there’s no TD. This is why it wasn’t reviewed, there wasn’t an angle anywhere where you could see the ball. Some of you are making far too big a deal out of this we won the game!

It's his entire body. Where in the hell else could the ball possibly be? At some point we need just a smidgen of common sense interjected. You cannot physically move your entire body into the endzone and maintain possession without having the ball come along for the ride.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's his entire body. Where in the hell else could the ball possibly be? At some point we need just a smidgen of common sense interjected. You cannot physically move your entire body into the endzone and maintain possession without having the ball come along for the ride.

The ball could’ve gotten dislodged and although his body is in the end zone the ball isn’t. We simply don’t know because we can’t see the ball. It’s not about using common sense, they have to visually see the ball break the plane or they’re not going to call it a TD. Can’t understand why some of you are making such a big freaking deal out of it, we won the freaking game! Lol They need to put a chip in the ball eventually they probably will. I’m all about using as much technology as possible to get calls right. I hear some around the NFL say they don’t want to take away from the human element of the game but humans make mistakes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When they started unpiling bodies if the ball was in the endzone they would’ve signaled touchdown. I didn’t see any of the players signaling touchdown after they unpiled the bodies.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread on this, so either there are too many threads or they haven't admitted their mistake. I'm watching the game again right now, and the more I see that play, the more incredulous I become that they didn't call it a TD in the first place, but to not even review it was just pathetic.
This thread bothers me and I don't mean you @Runwildboys. It's a legit question. In my opinion, he absolutely scored. It's not a conspiracy but it seems like everyone is arguing with the one guy who thinks every call that does not benefit the Cowboys is correct. Happens every week.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread bothers me and I don't mean you @Runwildboys. It's a legit question. In my opinion, he absolutely scored. It's not a conspiracy but it seems like everyone is arguing with the one guy who thinks every call that does not benefit the Cowboys is correct. Happens every week.
If you mean Marcus, he knows Dak got in. He just doesn't think there's enough evidence to overturn the call. Many of us disagree, but I understand his point...I still disagree though. ;)

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
If you mean Marcus, he knows Dak got in. He just doesn't think there's enough evidence to overturn the call. Many of us disagree, but I understand his point...I still disagree though. ;)
Just frustrated by the refs. That was a touchdown and I don't think it should have been a review call. On the other side, I would not have questioned it being called a TD. Happy for the final result though.

CWR

Reaction score
The ball could’ve gotten dislodged and although his body is in the end zone the ball isn’t. We simply don’t know because we can’t see the ball. It’s not about using common sense, they have to visually see the ball break the plane or they’re not going to call it a TD. Can’t understand why some of you are making such a big freaking deal out of it, we won the freaking game! Lol They need to put a chip in the ball eventually they probably will. I’m all about using as much technology as possible to get calls right. I hear some around the NFL say they don’t want to take away from the human element of the game but humans make mistakes.

The ball could've gotten dislodged yet he had possession when they pulled the bodies off? Cmon man, yall are reaching to justify bs.

I know we won, but damn they did everything in their power to make us lose. Ultimately it was good for the team to overcome. What I would prefer to do now is crucify that officiating crew in hopes of not having them try and screw us out of another game. Glossing over it as a non issue doesn't hold them accountable at all. I'd rather the NFL hears loads of crap and maybe through a small miracle try to actually improve the product. Agreed we need chips, but more so we need people who aren't completely incompetent and all over the place.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's done and the call isn't changing

At this point who cares?

jay94

Reaction score
Petty Cowboys fans care. We have done better than average on ref calls so far this year. Yes, Dak was in, we won, and we still want to cry.... What a soft society we live in.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I thought they were suppose to have a replay official up stairs that watches everything, then chimes in when the field officials have messed up. That a coach doesn't necessarily need to throw the flag, because of that upstairs official.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Petty Cowboys fans care. We have done better than average on ref calls so far this year. Yes, Dak was in, we won, and we still want to cry.... What a soft society we live in.
How many times do I have to say I'm not concerned with whether or not he got in? We won, I'm happy. All I'm thinking about is the next time someone's in that situation, is the league going to do it right, or are they just going to slide past it again, possibly causing a loss for a team that would have otherwise won?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
It's just amazing that Dak's entire body from the knees up can be in the endzone but since the officials couldn't see the ball they can't call it a touchdown.

At some point common sense has to kick in, doesn't it?
First rule of cheating, ignore common sense.