Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any play that looks questionable, there should be, yes. Automatic review is only for plays that are called scores on the field.
And wasn't it originally called a TD by at least one ref?

Then changed by another ref.....which was the accept result?

Very suspicious...imho.

They know the rule as well as you do.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And wasn't it originally called a TD by at least one ref?

Then changed by another ref.....which was the accept result?

Very suspicious...imho.

They know the rule as well as you do.
Someone said one official called it a TD, but I don't remember seeing that, but even if he had, it was never officially ruled a score, which I think precludes it from automatic review.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watch the video in the first page of this thread. No, you can’t see the ball, but unless it’s between Dah’s ankles or in his pocket (LOL), it’s 100% definite the ball was across the goal line. You can see his knees aren’t near the turf when his entire upper half crossed the goal. It isn’t even in question.
IMO, you actually can see the ball break the plane, before it gets hidden behind his torso, which also broke the plane before the knee went down.

My issue really isn't whether or not they ruled it a TD. If they had reviewed it, then concluded it wasn't a TD I wouldn't have started this thread. I'm questioning the fact that it wasn't reviewed...and I disagree that there was plenty of time to look at every available angle in the time they had.

Flamma

Reaction score
It is just plain ridiculous for anyone to say that was not a TD. And the league said it was not a TD after review. Anyone who says there is no ref bias against the Cowboys is just plain detached from reality.

I agree that you cannot look at that video and come to any other conclusion other than a TD. Had they reviewed it, they probably would have still gotten it wrong. I reject your claim of ref bias as that would offer them some level of coordination..

I heavily lean towards the refs being a collection of trash over any nefarious competency. I'm just going by what I've seen over the last 6 weeks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The reviews are the problem in my opinion. And now that the refs can radio NY to get their two sense, it's killed the flow of a game over time. But more importantly, refs aren't making the calls at the time of the play, but instead getting other opinions.

Bates

Reaction score
But that video taken from above and at a huge angle and is not the view the officials had to make the call on the field. The photo below is. Can you reverse based on your posted video where you see Dak with the ball deep into his torso, also possibly knowing his knee touched down like in the photo but yet he only ends up a 1/2 yard over the line? How do you definitively say he's in? It's way different if he ended up 2 yards in. Of course you call it a TD then. That would be common sense. Everyone glosses over the fact that his knee was down outside the goal line. If I pulled the video, the officials had this video too.

Dak-knee.jpg

Marcus, I appreciate your dedication to calling out the fans when they whine about officiating, however you are wrong in this case. you do realize this photo is at the end of the play after the o line has been pushed back well after the score. Steele is 3 yards past the line of scrimmage on the ground and the guard’s entire body is at the bottom of a pile 2 yards in the end zone. Dak is already a yard into the end zone before McGovern even makes it halfway to his position in this photo. McGovern was lined up at fullback 4 yards deep. It was a TD.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reviews are the problem in my opinion. And now that the refs can radio NY to get their two sense, it's killed the flow of a game over time. But more importantly, refs aren't making the calls at the time of the play, but instead getting other opinions.

You're making a lot of cents here.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ has pushed back against the NFL for marketing rights in the past and pushed back against Goodell, so yeah I believe there is some bias against the Cowboys. I mean hell wasn’t it like 10 or more straight games where holding was never called against opponent?!?!
:hammer:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree that you cannot look at that video and come to any other conclusion other than a TD. Had they reviewed it, they probably would have still gotten it wrong. I reject your claim of ref bias as that would offer them some level of coordination..

I heavily lean towards the refs being a collection of trash over any nefarious competency. I'm just going by what I've seen over the last 6 weeks.
Agreed. If the officials were biased, there's no way they wouldn't have called the facemask penalty that would have allowed NE to keep the ball in OT.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They often seem to need other opinions, just to get it right.

Reactions: G2

shabazz

Reaction score
Being the NFLs means never having to say they are wrong

This is a league that suspends Zeke for only accusations from a known liar and gold digger but takes no action whatsoever against Deshaun Watson with 19 women accusing him of abuse

NFL.......the ultimate hypocrites on and off the field. The current regime took over a great sport that they are intent on destroying in popularity.......it should survive in spite of them

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Being the NFLs means never having to say they are wrong

This is a league that suspends Zeke for only accusations from a known liar and gold digger but takes no action whatsoever against Deshaun Watson with 19 women accusing him of abuse

NFL.......the ultimate hypocrites on and off the field. The current regime took over a great sport that they are intent on destroying in popularity.......it should survive in spite of them

22 women...and if Houston acts like he is going to play it will be interesting to see what Goodell does.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So since you know everything....:)

How can it be one ref appeared to call the TD?

And wouldn't it make sense that if there were conflicting calls...and official review should be mandatory? I don't know if that's a rule or not but it should be...especially in this case.

If there was indeed a TD signaled then suddenly over-ruled by another ref, and with no official review.....in THIS case....very suspicious imho.

FYI if this were some incomplete pass on the open field....I see that pretty often. But that isn't this.

I don't know who started that rumor that one ref signaled a TD on the 3rd Down play but that is a boldface lie. I have the video, just watched the play, and none of the 5 or so refs who converged on the pile ever signaled TD. Ever. One ref did signal 4th Down and that was before they finished unpiling all the bodies. The only time they signaled TD was on the 4th Down play and that got reversed by replay.

So yes, I do know everything. Video proof helps.

shabazz

Reaction score
22 women...and if Houston acts like he is going to play it will be interesting to see what Goodell does.

If he goes to the a certain team like the Patriots or Steelers.......the NFL won’t do squat.

The NfL clearly metes out discipline and refereeing differently to different teams

Every time Dallas gets in that winning groove, the penalties mysteriously start to rain down on them

Watching Dak have to overcome 45 yards of penalties in one drive looked like a replay of Romo having to do the same dam thing 7 years ago just to get a touchdown