Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
None of the replays showed the ball cross the goal line. You really didn’t need to spend much time to see there were a pile of bodies on top of each other and the ball wasn’t invisible. Had the league reviewed it the noncall would have stood.
First, they had no way of knowing what they'd see unless they reviewed it, which is the point I'm making. They should have reviewed it. I'm not concerned with the fact that it didn't net 6 points, because we won anyway.

Second, did you look at the clip shown in this thread? To me, it looks pretty clear that he got in. But even if you don't think that's clear, it's certainly close enough to require review.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
None of the replays showed the ball cross the goal line. You really didn’t need to spend much time to see there were a pile of bodies on top of each other and the ball wasn’t invisible. Had the league reviewed it the noncall would have stood.
All questionable plays under 2 minutes are automatically reviewed. Doesn’t have to be called a TD.

Under new rules they often review quickly as not to slow the game down. I’d have to rewatch the game again instead of just a highlight but I’m almost certain the official in the booth took a quick review. There just wasn’t a stoppage in play.

I’m not sure what the OP is referring to when he says it wasn’t looked at by the league. I can only guess he means there wasn’t an official stoppage in play for NY offices to look at it. Or does he mean after the game ??

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All questionable plays under 2 minutes are automatically reviewed. Doesn’t have to be called a TD.

Under new rules they often review quickly as not to slow the game down. I’d have to rewatch the game again instead of just a highlight but I’m almost certain the official in the booth took a quick review. There just wasn’t a stoppage in play.

I’m not sure what the OP is referring to when he says it wasn’t looked at by the league. I can only guess he means there wasn’t an official stoppage in play for NY offices to look at it. Or does he mean after the game ??

The league obviously saw the replays they showed on TV and didn’t view it as questionable.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The league obviously saw the replays they showed on TV and didn’t view it as questionable.

That's my contention too. That they looked at those and in none of them can you absolutely see the ball cross and decided not to spend time looking further.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First, they had no way of knowing what they'd see unless they reviewed it, which is the point I'm making. They should have reviewed it. I'm not concerned with the fact that it didn't net 6 points, because we won anyway.

Second, did you look at the clip shown in this thread? To me, it looks pretty clear that he got in. But even if you don't think that's clear, it's certainly close enough to require review.

They saw the replays we did on TV. I watched the clip and Dak certainly looked like he got into the end zone but unfortunately you can’t see the ball cross the line. The ball could have gotten pushed between his legs. There’s not one angle that shows the football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's my contention too. That they looked at those and in none of them can you absolutely see the ball cross and decided not to spend time looking further.

Exactly. If there was any glimpse of the ball they would have reviewed it. The league isn’t going to assume he got in they need to see the “ball” cross the goal line.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. If there was any glimpse of the ball they would have reviewed it. The league isn’t going to assume he got in they need to see the “ball” cross the goal line.
I didn't see the video shown here during the game. You can see the ball up to about an inch or two before it crosses the plane, and there's nowhere for it to go but forward. You'd be able to see it between his legs if it didn't move with him. Regardless of what conclusion they would've drawn, it was too close not to have been reviewed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn't see the video shown here during the game. You can see the ball up to about an inch or two before it crosses the plane, and there's nowhere for it to go but forward. You'd be able to see it between his legs if it didn't move with him. Regardless of what conclusion they would've drawn, it was too close not to have been reviewed.

The ball was a few inches away from the goal line when Dak lowered his head. The ball could have gone down between his legs and never crossed the goal line. we can’t see the ball. You’re assuming there’s nowhere for the ball to go but forward. Therefore you’re “assuming” it crossed the goal line. It probably did cross the goal line but we couldn’t see it. I’m not going to discuss it any further.

Motorola

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread on this, so either there are too many threads or they haven't admitted their mistake. I'm watching the game again right now, and the more I see that play, the more incredulous I become that they didn't call it a TD in the first place, but to not even review it was just pathetic.
Ain't stressing over a regular season game 1/3 into the season that the Cowboys eventually won - in which
they made glaring mistakes throughout to keep NE in position to pull off the upset.
Recall the last two playoff games versus GB.
Last Sunday seems like SNAFU.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ain't stressing over a regular season game 1/3 into the season that the Cowboys eventually won - in which
they made glaring mistakes throughout to keep NE in position to pull off the upset.
Recall the last two playoff games versus GB.
Last Sunday seems like SNAFU.
I'm not stressing anything. I just think someone should be held accountable, and they need to make sure they do it right the next time.

CWR

Reaction score

Really because about the 4th post down on this thread is a super obvious view of Daks entire body crossing the goal line?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It is just plain ridiculous for anyone to say that was not a TD. And the league said it was not a TD after review. Anyone who says there is no ref bias against the Cowboys is just plain detached from reality.

The worst part was that the refs said on the field that "I can't see the ball.." then decided it was NOT a TD even after unpiling and finding 3/4 of Dak's body AND the ball into the end zone. If you can't see it then how do you determine where to spot the ball? The review should have been automatic because they should have buzzed the booth ref and told HIM they couldn't see the ball to spot it. It's absolute horse crap.. Same **** different day.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Really because about the 4th post down on this thread is a super obvious view of Daks entire body crossing the goal line?

He watched that video with his eyes closed so that he could maintain that he never saw Dak cross the goal line.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think it was 9 games or 8 and some change. Finally got a holding call when the Cowboys were clearly going to win the game. Holding on every play by the OL and the Cowboys don't get one holding call for 9 games. Ridiculous.

Wasn't that the same year the Cowboys played like 8 or 9 opponents coming off their bye week too? Pure happenstance I tellya.. No Goodell agenda at all.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm not stressing anything. I just think someone should be held accountable, and they need to make sure they do it right the next time.
In college football and basketball, officiating crews are called out for poor performances, and thus reprimanded by being suspended from working the next week \weekend, and receive demerits in the process of being assigned to work postseason games and tournaments respective to the sports involved.
The NFL's process in how they address officials' poor work game to game is not transparent.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That was a TD.

Do I think the league has it out for Dallas? No.

Is there a conspiracy to keep Dallas from winning? Of course not.

Do I think they botched that call? Yes I do. Inside 2:00 they need to stop and take a long look at a play when a TD hangs in the balance. NFL games are routinely decided by 7 points or less. Get it right.

The refs seemed to be all waiting on the others to make the call because they didn’t see… that’s fine, but don’t not review it simply because the refs weren’t sure and it wasn’t called a TD. It was a 7 point play, even though the officials didn’t initially call it a TD.

Review is there to get things right in a multi-billion dollar industry…. That can’t work if an important play isn’t even looked at.

JMO, of course.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

His body appeared to be crossing the goal line but you don’t see the ball. There has to be a clear view of the ball crossing the goal line or there’s no TD. This is why it wasn’t reviewed, there wasn’t an angle anywhere where you could see the ball. Some of you are making far too big a deal out of this we won the game!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His body appeared to be crossing the goal line but you don’t see the ball. There has to be a clear view of the ball crossing the goal line or there’s no TD. This is why it wasn’t reviewed, there wasn’t an angle anywhere where you could see the ball. Some of you are making far too big a deal out of this we won the game!
How would they no if there was no clear view of the ball crossing the goal line without reviewing it? We've definitely seen calls overturned with less evidence than we see in the video provided here in this thread...which I didn't see during the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How would they no if there was no clear view of the ball crossing the goal line without reviewing it? We've definitely seen calls overturned with less evidence than we see in the video provided here in this thread...which I didn't see during the game.

I already explained that. They saw the replays that were shown on TV and none of them showed the football. You couldn’t see the ball in any of them. If you can’t see the ball there’s no way to dispute the no call and call it a TD. They don’t care where the body is they have to see the ball. If some of you want to spend 15+ pages arguing this have fun! Lol