Hate Cliches' used to Thwart Opponent Perspectives ...Whether True or False!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
stasheroo said:
I certainly don't like how the Eagles or their fans operate. I have a lot against the Eagles. I think they're a cheap, classless organization that looks at the bottom line more than the winning line. They're more concerned with making a buck than winning a championship. Watch as this year they show Brian Dawkins - one of their all-time greats - the door rather than paying him.

I don't like how some Eagle fans operate either! But their are cheap, classless fans in all organizations; Cowboys aren't the exception to that rule.

Most of their fans are a hateful bunch who would rather take joy in the Cowboys losing than their team winning. They disgrace the team and the league with their dispicable behavior and treatment of opposing fans. How bad is it when you need a jail in the stadium?

"Most Eagle fan?" That's unrealistic ...how many is "most" ...won't go into that. But if you can say that, I can certainly say that I know many Eagle fans who aren't like you say, and just as many Cowboy fans in Philly and elsewhere who are just like you say! No point in prolonging this one.

I read all of your posts and your "MO" is crystal clear. You try to slide pro Eagles and anti-Cowboys posts "under the radar" under the disguise of "dialogue".

No I don't! Unless you mean things I've said like ...I wish the Cowboys much success this year ...just not as much success as the Ealges! The only reason I'd say or do something like that is because I'm an Eagles fan! Are you trying to tell me that you don't put your team first?! Oh, suppose that's different

You tried to criticize the Cowboys' offensive line when you didn't even know who the starters are!

I've been wrong before ...but in my own defense, I'd have to say that I don't follow all of the Cowboy acquisitions/trades or releases as close as I do the Eages. Guilty of that one ...but was it you who tossed the first stone (have you ever gotten a detail wrong before?)?

Here's the opening lines from your original post ...stop! Whatever, this segment is way too boring of a detail, and too insignificant to refute. I'll just acquise here

There are no insults here - only facts you don't want to see.

I said you haven't made personal insults in this post ...but you are more than capable. I don't practice personal attacks, I don't do them well, and I really have not basis for launchng such a campaign with you or any one on any MB. It's just not my style -- posters who do are saying that they are taking things far too personal than one should.

I'm more than willing to "dialogue" on any of the points you're attempting to make. In fact I have countered your wishful thinking with what actually happened already. I'd be willing to discuss each topic in great detail.

I'm down with that (meaning that I'm amenable to that suggestion). But for me, with every sensible dialogue I attempt to make, there are 5 or 6 so-called home-guard fans who take it upon themselves to lauch a series of personal attacks on me (I can deal with that Because I realize I'm on an opponent fans board), or they skip football savvy to flame, which normally propels the dialogue right out of the window.

At no point in this thread have I attacked you. Don't try the "victim" routine here. I'm interested in a factual debate on the subject you started, if you can't take the fact that I have a differing viewpoint, that's on you.

You haven't attacked me in these series of posts -- must say that's refreshing. But you are suggesting that I am using the "victim" tactic as some sort of strategy.

Let me tell you what it's like being a "football" fan who coincidentally is an Eagles fan, on an opponent's MB (I've actually heard some Cowboy fans come back to the Zone and express their disgruntlement about being banned, or flammed, or otherwise shown hatred by home board fans or their respective mods from Commanders, or Eagle MBs ...not so Much the Giants).

I'm an Eagles fan on the Zone with over 2,800 posts! If you say that doesn't mean anything, you're taking credit away from the Zone. As a football fan, I seek football knowledge. To do that, I must search out locations (in the form of MBs) that serve that purpose. During my stay thus far, here at the Zone, I've been baptised by fire! When fans visit opponent MBs and get banned or just leave because they are fed-up and can't tolerate being rediculed or hassassed, the easy way out is to either say something that will get them banned, or just walk away. I chose to stay and dialogue with those fans who themselves understand that there may be a football fan under that Commanders, Giants Cowboys or Eagles, exterior.

Whenever I lock onto some really genuine football topics, I'm absorbing information like a sponge, not only here at the Zone, but on Eagle boards also. I consider someone who ventures out onto opponent MBs as a "well traveled" experienced fan. I not trying to impress you! But the knowledge and experience I have about the Cowboys, allows me to hold a serious conversation with my Cowboy friends here (I think I've made a few) and at my job (and I realize that may sound like an oxymoron to some posters here).

I think sayIng something arbitrarily about another poster is lower than being a troll! ...and that's why I draw the line against saying anything personal about anyone. Now that doesn't stop some people, but it works for me. I have control over the words that I write.

Unless you know a poster/member (and some of you do because you've gone to football games, or camps or whatever), you don't know the background of the person you're insulting. Thick skin, there's none tougher than that of a fan on an opponents MB. I pay for the the sins of my brother fandom; the good and the bad are all lumped together in with the bad. Fortunately, not all franchise fans have that mentality. Having thick skin does not necessarily denote being amenable to putting up with personal comments or remarks from anyone -- especially, unprovoked.

Do I try to occasionally sting an opponent fan ...it's called fun! Not personal hatred because your team is different than mine of because I disagree with you, or someone you Know had a personal experience with an opponent fan from whatever team. Again, I have lunch with Cowboy fans everyday. My colleagues are intelligent enough to Understand that while we Both want our respective teams to be the best, these things have to be placed into proper perspective and priorities.

Is it difficult being here ...no! Because I feel as though I know some Zoners
better than I know some of my own Eagle members. But I'd defend that unknown Eagle fan within the constraints of the rules and support him/her as a loyal Eagles fan just hte same as you'd do for a Cowboys fan.

I'm a Senior member of the Zone, a senior member of more than one Eagle MB and a Junior member of another Cowboys MB ...I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm just a fan who believes His team is the best ...I Know ...what a concept! :cool:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
I don't like how some Eagle fans operate either! But their are cheap, classless fans in all organizations; Cowboys aren't the exception to that rule.

True. But the Eagles' fans are regarded as the league's worst. And the fact that the team is more concerned with making money than winning upsets me. That's certainly not the case in Dallas.

Phoenix-Talon said:
"Most Eagle fan?" That's unrealistic ...how many is "most" ...won't go into that. But if you can say that, I can certainly say that I know many Eagle fans who aren't like you say, and just as many Cowboy fans in Philly and elsewhere who are just like you say! No point in prolonging this one.

I can say enough that it's not safe for an opposing fan to attend an Eagles game. When they'll pour beer on an opposing player's mother it's too many.

Phoenix-Talon said:
No I don't! Unless you mean things I've said like ...I wish the Cowboys much success this year ...just not as much success as the Ealges! The only reason I'd say or do something like that is because I'm an Eagles fan! Are you trying to tell me that you you don't put your team first?! Oh, suppose that's different

Of course I put my team first - here on the Cowboys message board. The very act of promoting your team on an opponents' board is to some level antagonistic. Many of us come here to talk Cowboys, not Eagles. It's a Cowboys message board, not an NFL message board so it's a bit slanted by nature.

Phoenix-Talon said:
I've been wrong before ...but in my own defense, I'd have to say that I don't follow all of the Cowboy acquisitions/trades or releases as close as I do the Eages. Guilty of that one ...but was it you who tossed the first stone?

Good of you to admit that. But if that's the case, maybe you should reserve judgement on a topic you don't completely understand. It's not right to criticize the Cowboys line when you don't know who the starters are.

Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm down with that (meaning that I'm amenable to that suggestion). But for me, with every sensible dialogue I attempt to make, there are 5 or 6 so-called home-guard fans who take it upon themselves to lauch a series of personal attacks on me (I can deal with that Because I realize I'm on an opponent fans board), or they skip football savvy to flame, which normally propels the dialogue right out of the window.

I can be guilty of getting worked up during some discussions. I'm a passionate Cowboys fan and will often-times vehemently defend my team and fellow posters (I'm working on toning it down - like in this thread).

Phoenix-Talon said:
You haven't attacked me in these series of posts -- must say that's refreshing. But you are suggesting that I am using the "victim" tactic as some sort of strategy.

I mention it because you keep bringing it up. A sort of "perceived persecution". I see people disagreeing and pointing out your mistakes, but you're not being attacked.

While I disagree with you and refute your claims, it's nothing personal. Just the dynamic of the fan of one team debating a fan of another.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
That's certainly not the case in Dallas.

You really should get out more often ...that's not everyone's perspective!

I can say enough that it's not safe for an opposing fan to attend an Eagles game. When they'll pour beer on an opposing player's mother it's too many.

Situational events probably from an intoxicated overdrinking fan probably didn't realize who he was tossing the beer on. Too much to drink!

Of course I put my team first - here on the Cowboys message board. The very act of promoting your team on an opponents' board is to some level antagonistic.

Disagree, not antoagonistic ...expected. I expect you to put your team first here on the Zone as well as any other MB!

Good of you to admit that. But if that's the case, maybe you should reserve judgement on a topic you don't completely understand. It's not right to criticize the Cowboys line when you don't know who the starters are.

Sure, if I were you! But I'm not. I learned from the experience!

I can be guilty of getting worked up during some discussions. I'm a passionate Cowboys fan and will often-times vehemently defend my team and fellow posters (I'm working on toning it down - like in this thread).

You are doing fine ...that said, I've Honed mine down a while ago. You see, I'm a passionate Eagles fan, who has Nothing against passionate fans from any fandom.

I mention it because you keep bringing it up. A sort of "perceived persecution". I see people disagreeing and pointing out your mistakes, but you're not being attacked.

Perhaps that's a point of view.

While I disagree with you and refute your claims, it's nothing personal. Just the dynamic of the fan of one team debating a fan of another.

I'm at peace with that. Perhaps we can move on now?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Situational events probably from an intoxicated overdrinking fan probably didn't realize who he was tossing the beer on. Too much to drink!

Too many "situations" like that one happen all too often in "the city of Brotherly Love". Ownership needs to continue to take steps to stop that kind of behavior.

Phoenix-Talon said:
Disagree, not antoagonistic ...expected. I expect you to put your team first here on the Zone as well as any other MB!

We'll agree to disagree on this one I guess.

Phoenix-Talon said:
I'm at peace with that. Perhaps we can move on now?

Absolutely!

What part of your or my post would you care to debate?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
What part of your or my post would you care to debate?

Somehow I don't think either one of us will struggle with what to debate next. Let's let it happen naturally. See you then.