Hate Cliches' used to Thwart Opponent Perspectives ...Whether True or False!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
PT: you are ignorant.

Was a personal attack warranted? Look closely at my posts ...show me a personal attack. I won't engage with you further at this point.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
PT: you are ignorant. You claim to know more then show your ignorance by not even knowing Tucker has been gone for months. So how is ANYONE with a brain going to take seriously anything you post? You are a eagles troll and always act like one.

No way ...I'm just an opponent fan with a different perspective than your.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Your pass defense ranked 21st in the league.

We added Owens. You have the same secondary starters.

Oops? We are going to bury you.

burmafrd

Reaction score
PT, you are an eagles troll. And you are ignorant- you did not bother to do your research that you claimed to have done if you did not even catch that tucker was gone.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Firehawk, while you did bring up some good points... I want to point out one small thing.

An 80% Flozell is better than a 100% Torrin Tucker.

I don't think the OL will be great. I think at best, it will be mediocre again. But Drew proved he can do well behind a mediocre OL.

That's all I have been saying throughout this thread.

Well, that....and PT is mentally ********.

Was a personal attack warranted ...BTW, that's "functionally ********" to you.:rolleyes:

But I won't engage with you any further, because I have No desire to call you any personal names.

firehawk350

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
There have been plenty of comments- Pittdawg for one.
By the way, you don't need to be LA strong to get the job done, just to let you know.

Pittdawg? Who's he?

No, your right, you don't have to be Allen-strong to get the job done. At the same hand, what is "getting the job done" for a lineman? Is it making sure your opponent doesn't tackle/sack anybody??? In that case, nobody gets the job done. But if you want to be as good as Allen in pass protection and straight ahead run blocking, you've got to be as strong as Allen, or close. And Kosier isn't. He is better at pulling, but he's still not very good.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Was a personal attack warranted

Do you actually respond to anything else? People have been destroying every feeble point you bring, and you ignore it.

So what's left for them?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Was a personal attack warranted ...BTW, that's "functionally ********" to you.:rolleyes:

But I won't engage with you any further, because I have No desire to call you any personal names.

I understand.

I continually buried you. And now you are done with me. I would have been done with me a long time ago.

But hey, you kept digging.

And like I said...

Your secondary ranked 21st in the league in passing yards per game. We added Owens. You have the same starters back.

We are going to pass all day on you.

Comments?

burmafrd

Reaction score
How do you know Kosier is not a good pulling guard?
BY the way, LA was not all that great at pass blocking last year- his slowness was catching up with him there as well.
If you do not know who Pittdawg is, he is Petitti's father and he posts here with details he gets from his son. And there have been other posts from other sources saying the same. If you missed them thats not my fault.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
Pittdawg? Who's he?

No, your right, you don't have to be Allen-strong to get the job done. At the same hand, what is "getting the job done" for a lineman? Is it making sure your opponent doesn't tackle/sack anybody??? In that case, nobody gets the job done. But if you want to be as good as Allen in pass protection and straight ahead run blocking, you've got to be as strong as Allen, or close. And Kosier isn't. He is better at pulling, but he's still not very good.

Allen, when he got his hands on you, was still great. Because at that point, it was over. You weren't going to win.

The problem was, it was increasingly becoming more rare of an occurance. Allen was just as likely to wiff and let a defender run right by him.

Kosier isn't as strong....no one is denying that. But Kosier will be able to at least fend off defenders for a couple of seconds in the passing game.

There were times (too many) that Allen couldn't even do that.

It gives us more stability, as we know, Kosier can at least get in front of the defender for a couple of seconds as opposed to being either hit or miss with Allen.

superpunk

Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
Pittdawg? Who's he?

Honestly - there's no way you, or any of us can definitively know that right now. Kosier might rule. Did anyone think Brian Waters was a pro-bowl LG when we let him rolll as a ?TE?. Did anyone think Rivera would suck as bad as he did last year? Allen left much to be desired. You don't have to be bull-strong to get the job done, or Denver's Oline would never survive. Look for alot of that zone-blocking this year. The only piece we have that doesn't really fit it is Adams - hopefully he adjusts.

IMO, at worst, Kosier for Allen is a wash.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
It's quite obvious that the O-line was a weakness last year. We couldn't weather the injury to Flo and really didn't have a huge threat downfield once teams decided to double Glenn. Enter 2006. We now have TO who, like him or not, will help our line. Teams cannot simply double one guy and attack our line. Double TO, Glenn get one on one and vice versa. Don't forget about our 2-TE offense either or the running game. Point here is, OL play is not one guy or just the line itself. It's a series of things that all add up. Once you add up all the pieces to the 2006 OL it should be better than last year. However, take enough pieces away due to injury and anything will fall. I believe that this year more pieces must fall in order for the OL to fail as badly though.

firehawk350

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Honestly - there's no way you, or any of us can definitively know that right now. Kosier might rule. Did anyone think Brian Waters was a pro-bowl LG when we let him rolll as a ?TE?. Did anyone think Rivera would suck as bad as he did last year? Allen left much to be desired. You don't have to be bull-strong to get the job done, or Denver's Oline would never survive. Look for alot of that zone-blocking this year. The only piece we have that doesn't really fit it is Adams - hopefully he adjusts.

IMO, at worst, Kosier for Allen is a wash.

Hmmmmm... Interesting. That's all true, but you listed the exceptions as opposed to the rule. Kosier has never been good (though I base that on what reputation I've heard from others, I don't remember too much of his playing), so he's likely going to continue not being very good. Best idea when predicting the future is base it off of the past. Is it out of the realm of possibility that the 49ers are going to comeback this year and make the playoffs? Nope, but let's go off of the fact that they haven't shown that yet and predict them in the basement.
About the Adams comment, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But he might be a quick learner and pick it up. That, like everything else with Dallas' line, is hard to judge right now.
I think at the end of the season and you looked at the Kosier-Allen swap, you'll just shrug your shoulders and say something to the effect of at least Kosier is young and Allen is fading. I think for this season, it's a lateral move (give up something, gain something). But 2007, Kosier is going to be better then 2007 Allen (if he is still around) and the parity will just increase after that as Allen gets worse.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knock off the Personal Attacks guys.

I suggest you read the guidelines again.

No Excuses.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
I understand.

I continually buried you. And now you are done with me. I would have been done with me a long time ago.

But hey, you kept digging.

And like I said...

Your secondary ranked 21st in the league in passing yards per game. We added Owens. You have the same starters back.

We are going to pass all day on you.

Comments?

More hate cliches?

firehawk350

Reaction score
CIWhitefish said:
It's quite obvious that the O-line was a weakness last year. We couldn't weather the injury to Flo and really didn't have a huge threat downfield once teams decided to double Glenn. Enter 2006. We now have TO who, like him or not, will help our line. Teams cannot simply double one guy and attack our line. Double TO, Glenn get one on one and vice versa. Don't forget about our 2-TE offense either or the running game. Point here is, OL play is not one guy or just the line itself. It's a series of things that all add up. Once you add up all the pieces to the 2006 OL it should be better than last year. However, take enough pieces away due to injury and anything will fall. I believe that this year more pieces must fall in order for the OL to fail as badly though.

True, but i really think you expect too much out of Owens. Is he going to change the way defenses play you? Of course, but he's not so good as to negate a bad o-line. He will help, but until your O-line proves it can hold it's own, defenses will attack it in hopes of getting to Bledsoe before Owens can shake off single coverage (Owens doesn't do that instantaneously). If you can survive a blitz for 2 seconds, you'll make a defense pay and only then they'll back off.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
True, but i really think you expect too much out of Owens. Is he going to change the way defenses play you? Of course, but he's not so good as to negate a bad o-line. He will help, but until your O-line proves it can hold it's own, defenses will attack it in hopes of getting to Bledsoe before Owens can shake off single coverage (Owens doesn't do that instantaneously). If you can survive a blitz for 2 seconds, you'll make a defense pay and only then they'll back off.

Which, before Flozell was hurt last year, we were doing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
firehawk350 said:

Well I think most of us take that as a given.

I think most would agree that the number one worry on our Team is the O-Line.

If the O-line pans out I think we can have a very good Offense.

If not, same as last year in the second half..