Haters Take A Seat Please

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;3436841 said:
Isn't that what they said this year? :cool:

I was going to say the same thing. I was fully expecting to play the Cavs in the finals.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;3436634 said:
Congrats to the Lakers...

In the end there was not enough size for us to roll out there (unless you count Sheldon Williams). Great series, great drama, and a great season for my C's....

Hey! Look at what this guy said. ;)

Bleu Star;3425150 said:
This won't be an easy series for my purp&gold by any means. It's going to be the toughest championship the Kobe era Lakers have ever had to get. There will be major drama throughout and I will be thrilled to have witnessed it all. The Lakers will take it but they'll have to do it in 7 games. ;)

U mad? :muttley: I love that pic Rampage posted.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
THUMPER;3436685 said:
No one expected the Celtics to be in the Finals let alone push the Lakers to 7 games. I am thrilled with the way it turned out because there is no team I want to beat more than the Celtics but I have to say congrats to Boston for how they played. Tough team and they left it all on the court. :gent:

Looking forward to beating them again next year!

Me too bro!

That was one of the greatest NBA games I have ever seen. In my opinion, the score should not be indicative of the quality of the game. We witnessed some of the best back and forth defense by both team in the history of the NBA Finals. Great nail biter!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3436839 said:
No way Boston makes it that far. They lose too much and are getting too old.

This is the end of the Boston team as we know it today. Slate will have to cheer for a different Laker Finals opponent next year.

mldardy

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3437229 said:
Me too bro!

That was one of the greatest NBA games I have ever seen. In my opinion, the score should not be indicative of the quality of the game. We witnessed some of the best back and forth defense by both team in the history of the NBA Finals. Great nail biter!
Not really. That game was not even close to being great. Defense had something to do with it but a lot of poor shot selections, a lot of guys trying to lean into people to draw a foul. It was a hard fought game but definitely not great.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
mldardy;3437250 said:
Not really. That game was not even close to being great. Defense had something to do with it but a lot of poor shot selections, a lot of guys trying to lean into people to draw a foul. It was a hard fought game but definitely not great.

Different strokes! Your team must have lost or have not been it it at all. :laugh2: There's always next year. ;)

mldardy

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3437253 said:
Different strokes! Your team must have lost or have not been it it at all. :laugh2: There's always next year. ;)
I didn't care who won this series. I am a Sixer fan so naturally I am going to hate both teams due to our battles in the 80's with these teams. It just wasn't a great game. People get so caught up in the now that they forget about the past so quickly. I kind of agree with Wilbon's comments last night when they were putting Kobe up against the other great Lakers and great players of the past. People always seem to lean towards what happened last night, last week instead of going back and looking at some TRULY great games that were 10 X better than this game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
mldardy;3437285 said:
I didn't care who won this series. I am a Sixer fan so naturally I am going to hate both teams due to our battles in the 80's with these teams. It just wasn't a great game. People get so caught up in the now that they forget about the past so quickly. I kind of agree with Wilbon's comments last night when they were putting Kobe up against the other great Lakers and great players of the past. People always seem to lean towards what happened last night, last week instead of going back and looking at some TRULY great games that were 10 X better than this game.

So. I was right. :) mkkkkkaayyyy

In order to appreciate what took place in game 7 you have to appreciate hustle, tenacity, willpower, grit, & determination. That game had it all. I don't care if it wasn't 130-120... I much prefer the type of game where both team have monumental mountains to climb. The game was a microcasm of the whole series. Major drama and a setting where the purp n gold had to comeback to win... I loved every nail biting minute of it! See ya next ear! Parade down Figeroa on Monday!!!!!!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So the Lakers won? I take it that means Slate was a little bit pissed? Was it at least funny?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;3437696 said:
So the Lakers won? I take it that means Slate was a little bit pissed? Was it at least funny?

His continued silence is indeed humorous. ;) He gave some props though so... All is well.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3437700 said:
His continued silence is indeed humorous. ;) He gave some props though so... All is well.

Really bleu? Cmon now..I came in this thread right after and congratulated you and the lakers and posted plenty after the game. Don't depict me as running away.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3437704 said:
Really bleu? Cmon now..I came in this thread right after and congratulated you and the lakers and posted plenty after the game. Don't depict me as running away.

"He gave some props though so... All is well."

Just making sure I said that. ;)

K

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3437723 said:
But my silence? Lol..I've been running my mouth the same.

Not as much as you normally do (given the circumstances) but welcome back. ;)

Actually, you have been trying to insert some irrational logic into the Lakeshow thread. Your hate for the almighty Black Mamba is strong.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3437732 said:
Not as much as you normally do (given the circumstances) but welcome back. ;)

Actually, you have been trying to insert some irrational logic into the Lakeshow thread. Your hate for the almighty Black Mamba is strong.

Black Mamba's go 6 for 24? Hm. Must have ran out of venom.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3437939 said:
Black Mamba's go 6 for 24? Hm. Must have ran out of venom.

if you view the bigger picture instead of a sample size you will see the greatness. Feel free to try the following more accurate sample sizes..lol

2010 NBA Finals 7 game avg
NBA playoff avg for career
NBA Finals avg for career

Get back to me on those numbers pronto! :)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3438002 said:
if you view the bigger picture instead of a sample size you will see the greatness. Feel free to try the following more accurate sample sizes..lol

2010 NBA Finals 7 game avg
NBA playoff avg for career
NBA Finals avg for career

Get back to me on those numbers pronto! :)

asterisk
asterisk
and.....asterisk

2 MVP's in 7 Finals. Which means he either lost or was not the best player on his team 5 times. Bye.