Hats off to Dak

Cydios

Reaction score
Dak did fine.. supporting oline.. toward his right.. was the issue.

ArtClink

Reaction score
And that is dak in nutshell. Everyone says he’s a good qb but won’t win the big one. He had a chance to change that tonight and he proved the point right.
Dak doesn’t play defense. The hallmark of this team in big games is they simply can’t mk a stop when they need to. So Dak has to put up 30 pts to beat a great team? I don’t think so. There’s plenty of blame to go around but Dak deserves none of it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sometime you can't just throw it away. He's right in the middle of the pocket.
Those Dak haters don't understand the game and Dak's actions because it's crystal clear they never played football. If they did, they must have seriously sucked at it. Heck, my old high school water boys know and understand football much better than them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The one weakness the Cowboys have this year- the offensive line- was the main reason they lost this game.

It feels a lot different than the 49ers loss but still disappointing.

And if anyone blames Dak when he was the only reason they had a chance, they're just hating for the sake of hating.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good game he kept us in this game, no need to bash at all!!!!
Are you kidding ? He takes 3 sacks in the final 5 minutes , botches the 2 point conversion, and then throws short of the end zone on the final play. The last 2 drives were a comedy of errors. He showed no poise or clutch playmaking. Todays performance showed you why he’s good enough to make us competitive but not good enough to win.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sometime you can't just throw it away. He's right in the middle of the pocket.
He had time to throw it away however. To say he had none is just excuse making for him. At that point in the game, you have to expect you won't have a lot of time to throw, especially from the right side.

It was just a bad play by Dak. When someone doesn't immediately get open, Dak has to fire that thing into the goal post or something.

PS - No one is really talking about the 2 pt conversion but he could have made a better effort there too. That 2 point mess up cost us a chance at a tie and OT, at least.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

He had the ball in his hands from the 11 yard line with 27 seconds. There are two things a QB cannot do in that spot. One is throw a pick. Two is take a sack. He had more than enough time to just whip it away. He chose to hold onto the ball hoping to make the big play there and it cost the team.

Again, he played great for 99% of the game. But he had a major mess up in that last 1% of the game. That's just reality.
I disagree but I will say after that last sack they should've clocked it and you get two plays instead of just throwing one away.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Co-sign. Dak played very very well. Well enough to win if it weren't for an atrocious performance at RT.
No one particular to blame, maybe McCarthy for not taking the field goal when we were down 11, even though another 1/2 yard it would have been a TD. But overall I liked the team's fight to the end. Things just didn't go our way.

Sydla

Reaction score
I disagree but I will say after that last sack they should've clocked it and you get two plays instead of just throwing one away.
Not sure how anyone can disagree at this point. He took a bad sack there. It wasn't like he got the snap and was immediately suffocated. He was able to drop back and quickly scan.............. he held the ball too long. Bad play by him.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
He had time to throw it of . To say he had none is just excuse making for him. At that point in the game, you have to expect you won't have a lot of time to throw, especially from the right side.

It was just a bad play by Dak. When someone doesn't immediately get open, Dak has to fire that thing into the goal post or something.

PS - No one is really talking about the 2 pt conversion but he could have made a better effort there too. That 2 point mess up cost us a chance at a tie and OT, at least.
Really? It was a scramble. 100% applauded his effort. Another 3 inches of field he is the hero of the game.

droopdog7

Reaction score
He had time to throw it away however. To say he had none is just excuse making for him. At that point in the game, you have to expect you won't have a lot of time to throw, especially from the right side.

He had time to throw? I mean, sure, if his goal before the play started was to throw it away, he had plenty of time to do that. But that's not his goal. He's playing football. I'm quite sure Dak is not the first player to get sacked in that situation. Happens A LOT actually.

And you say he's not going to get a lot of time to throw yet instead of blaming that on the RT, you blame it on dak. That's bass-akwards.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
Look.

He played great for 59:33 seconds.

But you can't gloss over the fact with the game on the line, he made a critical dumb play that likely cost us the game. You can't analyze his game tonight without also putting that sequence into the mix.

It's a shame because he'd be a true hero right now. Instead, his stupidity on one critical play casts along shadow over what was a really nice game by him. He's a vet QB. YOU CANNOT TAKE A SACK THERE.

And yet he did.
He had no chance to throw the ball away. It would have been intentional grounding

droopdog7

Reaction score
No one particular to blame, maybe McCarthy for not taking the field goal when we were down 11, even though another 1/2 yard it would have been a TD. But overall I liked the team's fight to the end. Things just didn't go our way.
There are always going to be those that play well and not well. But the one that stands out today is Steele, as having a game so far below expectations that had an OUTSIZED impact on the outcome.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t play defense. The hallmark of this team in big games is they simply can’t mk a stop when they need to. So Dak has to put up 30 pts to beat a great team? I don’t think so. There’s plenty of blame to go around but Dak deserves none of it.
In the defense, of the defense the Philly offense was bailed out a bit in the 3rd quarter. It was uphill from then on.