Hats off to Romo for sticking with the running game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If you remember, the game at the stadium everyone went crazy because we didnt run the ball.

and if you remember wade basically blamed romo in a pretty odd way of throwing the qb under the bus. Saying he has the option of getting out of the run called and throwing the ball if he has the right look.

Well everyone gave romo grief.

So Romo was just on with laufenberg on the score and he said they had looks on that last drive where they could have thrown the ball but he wanted to stay with the run and put the onus on the line and barber.

Hats off Tony. This team needed a grind it out power football game and we got it. I wish we could play this style every week.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
The layoff has been good for Romo's long term future. Sometimes watching on the sideline gives you an opportunity to see things you wouldn't otherwise see.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
The best thing about the offense tonight is that there didn't seem to be any panic to try and get everything back on one play like they had been doing earlier in the season when we got behind.

We played very methodically and had nice run/pass balance. The OL being able to block someone tonight probably enabled us to do that. Was it mostly the health of Flozell and the return of Kosier or was it the fact that the defense had to respect the pass more? I'm not really sure, but they looked a heck of alot better than the last 4 games.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Wezsh0T;2424698 said:
The best thing about the offense tonight is that there didn't seem to be any panic to try and get everything back on one play like they had been doing earlier in the season when we got behind.

We played very methodically and had nice run/pass balance. The OL being able to block someone tonight probably enabled us to do that. Was it mostly the health of Flozell and the return of Kosier or was it the fact that the defense had to respect the pass more? I'm not really sure, but they looked a heck of alot better than the last 4 games.

I'd like to see a breakdown of what having Roy11 out there did to the alignment of the secondary and any affects that were translated into the running game.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Imagine if Felix had been healthy...those runs to the outside were there almost all night. Jones' speed could have killed

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2424383 said:
If you remember, the game at the stadium everyone went crazy because we didnt run the ball.

and if you remember wade basically blamed romo in a pretty odd way of throwing the qb under the bus. Saying he has the option of getting out of the run called and throwing the ball if he has the right look.

Well everyone gave romo grief.

So Romo was just on with laufenberg on the score and he said they had looks on that last drive where they could have thrown the ball but he wanted to stay with the run and put the onus on the line and barber.

Hats off Tony. This team needed a grind it out power football game and we got it. I wish we could play this style every week.

Good point Theebs. I was watching the earlier match-up yesterday, and hoped we would go with the run more consistently.

I never heard that Romo had opted out of running in favor of passing. I had the impression it was Garrets play calling. After the game JG commented that he was trying to "Take what they were giving." Yet the results didn't reflect that, because we got very little from our approach.

I'm guessing that not having Romo carry the load, was a mutual decision by the coaches and Romo. His recovery is still in the works. I was concerned he would turn it over too many times and we would give the game away.

Thank god our OL was functioning.