Have a bad feeling Norv Turner could be our next HC

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've been saying either Fisher or Holmgren for years....it will be one of those two. My money is on Holmgren.
Ha, Holmgren has mentioned that JJ was hinting around, WAY BACK IN THE PAST about a coaching position& would he be interested,,, MIKE was like "thanks but NO thanks"o_O

* He'd be a great one to dredge up & be rechristened :starspin:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why even bother thinking about the next HC. It is not going to happen. Jerry and his 40 year old pickled brain decided that Jason is here to stay.
25 more years of 8-8, get use to it. well, we are already use to it.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak will not be a Cowboy after this year, IMO unless he's playing backup which is unlikely.

Based on what evidence? Jerry repeatedly saying Dak is awesome and he can “take us where we want to go” lol

You may not want Dak as a QB— neither do I— but the brain farts that make up this brain trust most certainly do.

It’s far more likely (unfortunately) that we pay $100+ million to Dak in the offfseason than we cut him

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
IF Jerry makes the decision to finally cut JG. I'm not expecting him to bring in older guy. I'd expect a college hire, and knowing Jerry, I'd anticipate Jim Harbaugh being at the top of his list.
Harbaugh’s offenses haven’t exactly been on fire the last 4 years at Michigan.

I thought he was awesome with different formations and personnel in SF but if he’s going to leave his dream job after 4 years what makes anyone think he’d stick around here?

foofighters

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling if JG is let go, Norv may end up being our next HC. Or at least pursued by Jerry as one of the top choice if Norv ends up doing a good job with Cam. He is doing a good job so far. The CAR offense is currently 10th in points per drive. Since JJ thinks Dak is Cam lite, he might think Norv can turn him around and may tried to get him away from Carolina.

He'll be an upgrade over JG but I prefer we get someone who will not take any of JJ's crap. I don't think Norv will do that.
the dude is like 189 years old...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Harbaugh’s offenses haven’t exactly been on fire the last 4 years at Michigan.

I thought he was awesome with different formations and personnel in SF but if he’s going to leave his dream job after 4 years what makes anyone think he’d stick around here?
In general, the Cowboys brand is underrated by analysts / fan.

Second, money.

Third, Jerry will not bring in a no-namer

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
In general, the Cowboys brand is underrated by analysts / fan.

Second, money.

Third, Jerry will not bring in a no-namer
No that’s why I’ve said expect Lincoln Riley and Josh McDaniels as 1 and 2 choices.

We’ll end up with Dan Campbell who has toughness and likes run game but has been a HC before for half a season and has proximity to Payton that he may have learned a 21st century passing game.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling if JG is let go, Norv may end up being our next HC. Or at least pursued by Jerry as one of the top choice if Norv ends up doing a good job with Cam. He is doing a good job so far. The CAR offense is currently 10th in points per drive. Since JJ thinks Dak is Cam lite, he might think Norv can turn him around and may tried to get him away from Carolina.

He'll be an upgrade over JG but I prefer we get someone who will not take any of JJ's crap. I don't think Norv will do that.
JG has had us top 5 offensively several times. While I feel it may be time for the players to hear a different voice he will not and should not be let go because of lack of productivety on offense. That side of the ball has been the most consistent since he has been head coach in Dallas. With that said we still have a chance to make the playoffs; so, Im not ready to even think about next season yet.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
JG has had us top 5 offensively several times. While I feel it may be time for the players to hear a different voice he will not and should not be let go because of lack of productivety on offense. That side of the ball has been the most consistent since he has been head coach in Dallas. With that said we still have a chance to make the playoffs; so, Im not ready to even think about next season yet.

Tony Romo, and then the best O line in football got us those top 5 Os. JGs scheme is literally a joke around the league.

Would any team in the NFL hire Garret to be O coordinator?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Garrett and his family have been with the Dallas organization so long I just find it hard to believe that Jerry would fire Garrett.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah Norv and Wade, two great coordinators but poor HCs. Keep it simple, make Richard HC and Norv OC.

Pants

Reaction score
I have given up on the thought of the jones' making good football decisions - they don't know anything about them, especially when it comes to HC, OC, DC...

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Tony Romo, and then the best O line in football got us those top 5 Os. JGs scheme is literally a joke around the league.

Would any team in the NFL hire Garret to be O coordinator?
JG had nothing to do with it? This is so ridiculous. With that said this season is not over as we still have a chance to make the playoffs. Will start thinking about next season when we either are out of the playoff race, lose in the playoffs, lose in the Superbowl or win the Superbowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Won’t happen, but it’d be a downgrade anyway. I didn’t want Turner back when he was a contender when Wade got the job.
Actually I thought Garrett could have mentored under Norv and Wade could have just been our DC.

I don’t see how that couldn’t have potentially been a stronger cast.

But I don’t see Norv in the puppet role.