Have Clement finish the year out as Starting RB

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the hell is Frank Gore doing? That’s a RB I might take a gander at even at his age. Otherwise I’m looking for the best RB from practice squads….there has to be one hiding.

On that swing pass to Zeke it was a great catch but if we’re healthy that could have gone for 50

Last I seen he was going to do some boxing I believe. Was training for an upcoming match.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Pollard out is really hurting them. Zekes burst is about gone.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Kind of simple.......if the OL would run block, perhaps the run game would be better. We got TEs that don't block at all, to go with the OL performance. BTW, pass protection was shaky yesterday too, and an OC that deserts the run, at the drop of a hat. (See the late game disaster, yesterday).

The OL is no longer able to ride the assumption of being good.....they are not. The OL, as a whole.....is SOFT.

Schulz is a horrible blocker and a below average route runner.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke isnt being paid top dollar to pick up blitzers alone.
Actually yes he is.. The reason Zeke was paid top dollar was because of his all around game. With the bad wheel he's not going to be great running it but he has been stellar in most other areas of the game.. And frankly he's running as well as the other guys and he's doing it on one leg. They got him some rest until the game got tight.. That probably was a good thing.. I have a feeling that if he had been given all those carries in the 4th quarter he would have been able to wear the defense down and gotten close to 100 yards. .. again.. on one leg.. These things need to be kept in perspective.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Actually yes he is.. The reason Zeke was paid top dollar was because of his all around game. With the bad wheel he's not going to be great running it but he has been stellar in most other areas of the game.. And frankly he's running as well as the other guys and he's doing it on one leg. They got him some rest until the game got tight.. That probably was a good thing.. I have a feeling that if he had been given all those carries in the 4th quarter he would have been able to wear the defense down and gotten close to 100 yards. .. again.. on one leg.. These things need to be kept in perspective.

Notice how I said Zeke isnt being paid top dollar "TO PICK UP BLITZES ALONE."
Meaning blocking was part of his game, along with 1500 yards rushing and his receiving skills. Right now, he is about an 800 yard rusher if that, and I dont care how good he blocks, aint no back getting his kind of money to rush for 800 yards in a season.

Cmac

Reaction score
Other than giving Zeke a break to rest/mend......their ain't no holes to run through. No matter what you think.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Dallas would rather have Connor Williams push Zeke in a wheel chair before doing that.

You’re right though. Zeke needs to be off the field. He’s hurting this team and he doesn’t pass protect enough to validate this carry the load nonsense.

If this offense flips from what it is now I 100% believe it will be because of Pollard.
Haha yeah right.

Pollard is no elixir.

CWR

Reaction score
He might be a good enough grinder to compliment with Ito and sustain somewhat of a functional run game. Let Zeke and TP rest.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Cory Clement sat on the bench a dozen games and so in his first real action wasn’t horrible . Had 13 touches none to my memory wide or any swing passes . Kellen might want to run a back as small as Clement somewhere other then between the tackles over and over .

manster4ever

Reaction score
Won't happen unless Zeke is carted off. Zeke ain't so damn hurt that he can't pick up blitzers.

But as most of us know Zeke is paid to tote the rock and gouge opposing defensive units. He's a shell of his former self right now. I said two weeks ago he needed a couple weeks off. Still holds true. Sucks that Pollard is out too but like Reid1boys said: RB's come in off the street all the time and make a difference. Personally, the only guy I can see making something out of nothing behind this mediocre Oline is Pollard, and only if he can get in space. His injury is brutal. Let it heal the next couple weeks along with Zeke's knee. Clement and Co. can certainly help this O beat the Giants. Gotta do what's right for the long haul and playoffs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Clement is trash they could find someone off the street to do better.

I looked...really there is a few I'd take over Clements...but the cupboard is rather bare. I was kind of surprised how few RBs are out there that you could think might be able to come in and contribute.....

Hell we did recycle Darren Mcfadden once.....How about Demarco Murray? :popcorn: