Have Dak waive his NTC, then send him to New England

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
ok pull the trigger..one question who is rebuilding the OL and defense? other than QB what changes?
I think Martin will retire after 2024 season, so I'd be okay with plugging in TJ Bass at LG and moving Tyler Smith to LT. Steele should be better with another offseason to ensure optimal recovery from the ACL tear (a lot of it is mental at first). I would DEFINITELY draft a center early, especially with Biadasz being a FA; I'm letting him walk. Tyron retires, so you sign veteran swing OT in FA or see how Collins does in the offseason.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
so i assume were still taking his cap hit then? No way NE does that while taking his cap hit, and it hurts us doing the other way.

MS17

Reaction score
New England receives: QB Dak Prescott and Dallas' 2024 1st round pick

Dallas receives: New England's 2024 1st round pick (#3 overall)

Draft QB Jayden Daniels at #3 overall and rebuild the OL and defense

Boom.
Im down with that, Man. Problem is, Jerruh and Pats owner Robert Kraft had a bitter confrontation at 2022 owners meeting. (Jerry told Kraft "Dont *** with me"). Maybe they made up later.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I think Martin will retire after 2024 season, so I'd be okay with plugging in TJ Bass at LG and moving Tyler Smith to LT. Steele should be better with another offseason to ensure optimal recovery from the ACL tear (a lot of it is mental at first). I would DEFINITELY draft a center early, especially with Biadasz being a FA; I'm letting him walk. Tyron retires, so you sign veteran swing OT in FA or see how Collins does in the offseason.
Hoffman still needs some work but he's shown some flashes and he brings some toughness and grit to table!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not the first time it's been suggested.

But it's a stupid trade for both teams lmao.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
ok but who will be doing all these things..Jerry? again this franchise has an illness your treating the symptoms with the same Dr who has been treating it for 28 years...what would change in your scenario that hasnt already been done? cheap QB with good players around him..done that, SB winning coach probably most respected one at the time? done that...whats the one constant over the last 28 years?

zeke21

Reaction score
it amazes me that since the loss like 80% of you been in here talking mess about dak and the actaully start a thread about trading the guy away. Newsflash if hes as bad as yall say aint no one taking him
I highly doubt we will get a top 5 pick for him too. However I think a team that hasn't had any option at QB might be interested.

I thought maybe Chicago might be tempted to let us to move up to #9..

But yeah.. it is a long shot.

starfan1

Reaction score
I highly doubt we will get a top 5 pick for him too. However I think a team that hasn't had any option at QB might be interested.

I thought maybe Chicago might be tempted to let us to move up to #9..

But yeah.. it is a long shot.
lol Chicago already has Dak just younger and more athletic. If were them Id trade out of 1 and fix everything else they could win with fields

LittleD

Reaction score

Boom.
Good luck with that idea. The League has been googling Dak for the last 8 years... Right, Patriots are giving up a 1st for a loser like Dak. Sure!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why would Dak waive his no trade clause to go to New England of all teams? Dak could just hold out, force Dallas to cut him and let the open market bid on him to really cash in.

jujoboys

Reaction score
What possible motivation would Dak have to waive his NTC? He had it added to his contract for leverage. The only way he would probably waive the NTC is if Dallas gave him the green light to seek a trade to a team he was interested in going to. Right now he holds the upper hand. If we cut or trade him we are on the hook for $62 million dead cap this year. If we don't negotiate a new contract this year then he counts about $60 million on our cap. If we just give him his base salary as a bonus this year and add voided years then we are just creating another dead cap situation if we get rid of him later. Jerry and Stephen did a pitiful job with Dak's contract. They caved in every way possible. Dak got max dollars at the time, a no trade clause, a short contract of only 4 years which allows him to go after more money quicker, and they allowed him to add language where he can't receive the franchise or transition tag if he ever becomes a free agent. Jed Clampett and Jethro Bodine got it handed to them in that negotiation.

morat1959

Reaction score

Boom.
Please don’t draft Daniels. His skill set does not translate to the NFL. Once his legs are gone…he’s done!