Have Dak waive his NTC, then send him to New England

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause, Wentz didn't. Dak would be a fool to waive it because his market value would only decrease, especially off the field. America's Team, remember?

Give things a little more thought before tossing the word "stupid" around.
Not only that.....but there is a WORLD of difference in the #3 overall pick, and the pick Philly got.

Indy controlled whether they lost their 1st by how much they played Wentz. IF they were having a horrible year and knew their pick would be a Top 5 pick they would have benched Wentz, ensuring they'd keep their 1st rounder. But they were fighting for a playoff spot so they knew their pick would be lower.

Not saying some team might not poo away a 2nd rounder for Dak... but people in here just are ignorant of the draft process and the value of different picks. A Top 5 pick...especially in a QB rich draft...is a golden ticket. New England could trade that #3 pick to Arlanta, move down just to #8 if they wanted, and pick up a haul of picks including a future 1st...and STILL have the #8 overall pick to draft a franchise LT like Joe Alt or a game changing WR like the LSU kid. The top 3 QBs will push GREAT players down to 8.

This is just a silly idea proposed by someone who just doesn't understand how this part of football works.... like something my 8 year old nephew would suggest.

Again....let's trade Schoonmaker for Patrick Mahomes-level silly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New England receives: QB Dak Prescott and Dallas' 2024 1st round pick

Dallas receives: New England's 2024 1st round pick (#3 overall)

Draft QB Jayden Daniels at #3 overall and rebuild the OL and defense

Boom.
Why wouldn’t NE just draft Jayden Daniel’s themselves and save a whole bunch of money? The whole league saw Prescott fold like a cheap chair under pressure against the leagues 25th ranked defense that was recently torched by Tommy Devito. Who’s trading for that at Daks price tag? Nobody.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it amazes me that since the loss like 80% of you been in here talking mess about dak and the actaully start a thread about trading the guy away. Newsflash if hes as bad as yall say aint no one taking him
You are correct
We'd likely have to cover part of his salary and receive somebody's mascot in trade

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Yeah, just make Dak waive his no trade clause. Make him do it. Lol

raven55

Reaction score
tell dak your getting the worst left tackle and a bunch of 5ft running backs. He will set there awhile and say to himself i remember that whipping i got in atlanta from the blind side and run to jerry's office and take out that no trade clause

shabazz

Reaction score
If they are gonna keep McCarthy they may as well keep Dak.....

morat1959

Reaction score
Wonder why Bo Nix isn’t looked at highly….high completion percent, great TD to Int ratio…statistically had a great season. They didn’t expect Herbert to be as good as he turned out to be either (his last year at college stats weren’t as good as Nix).
I think Nix has a shot but IMO he’s more of a project than Maye or Williams. At least all 3 are unknowns at this point. We all know what deer in the headlights is!

triplets_93

Reaction score
Send Dak to wherever Belichick ends up, so that Dak can prove us all wrong...

:laugh:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that's so easy to do why wouldn't New England just simply draft the future quarterback? They aren't in a win now they've they've got plenty of time to build around the young guy Dallas is more win now because it's all falling apart Dallas doesn't like to rebuild so it makes zero sense if you're Jerry

Creeper

Reaction score
Even if you could get Dak to waive his NTC, which is a super long shot, why would you give up another first round pick with Dak for the chance to draft a QB who may or may not ever make it in the NFL. I think you are giving up too much to NE. After all, they are getting an established QB with a winning record. If I am New England, I am all over that trade. Look at what the Rams gave up to Detroit to get Stafford who had also won nothing with Detroit. If I am Dallas I make the trade and gets picks from New England, not the other way around.