Have Dak waive his NTC, then send him to New England

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
What incentive does Dak have to waive the no trade clause? None that I see. Why would Dak want his new team to give up players or picks which would weaken his new team?
Maybe Dak doesn't want to be in Dallas anymore?

TheSport78

Reaction score
Yeah....but it's silly conversation. It's the kind of hypothetical silly trade suggestion people make that don't understand football, or that don't understand that other team's primary objective isn't to make the Cowboys better.
Define "don't understand football." Are you insinuating that I don't know football?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
New England receives: QB Dak Prescott and Dallas' 2024 1st round pick

Dallas receives: New England's 2024 1st round pick (#3 overall)

Draft QB Jayden Daniels at #3 overall and rebuild the OL and defense

Boom.
I was thinking Dak might agree to go to the Saints. He is from Louisiana, only problem is Carr just signed a contract

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Define "don't understand football." Are you insinuating that I don't know football?
It depends.

Do you think there's even a 1 in a billion chance New England or anyone with a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick would swap it straight up for Dak?

If the answer is Yes....then you don't understand the the roster construction/draft importance/"reality"/ operations side of modern football. At least not in the way that it has been run in the last 40 years.

If the answer is No....then I question why you would say such an unrealistic pointless thing. It's as meaningless as saying "hey guys, how bout we trade Luke Schoonmaker for Patrick Mahomes...Boom"

kwcool619

Reaction score
Being HC of Bama is like being the HC of Tom Brady in his prime. It's kinda hard to screw it up.

Seems like he got the most out of Penix.
Living in Pac-12 (RIP) land, I saw many UW football games on TV. Even though they came up short vs Michigan, DeBoer had some straight up Dogs: Penix, McMillan, Odunze, Dillon Johnson on offense. On Defense: Trice, Muhammad, Fetuli, No. 91 Letuli.... (long last name). I feel the Tide are in good hands.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Living in Pac-12 (RIP) land, I saw many UW football games on TV. Even though they came up short vs Michigan, DeBoer had some straight up Dogs: Penix, McMillan, Odunze, Dillon Johnson on offense. On Defense: Trice, Muhammad, Fetuli, No. 91 Letuli.... (long last name). I feel the Tide are in good hands.
Probably.

College coaches are so hard to judge, because the name of the game is recruiting.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I think Martin will retire after 2024 season, so I'd be okay with plugging in TJ Bass at LG and moving Tyler Smith to LT. Steele should be better with another offseason to ensure optimal recovery from the ACL tear (a lot of it is mental at first). I would DEFINITELY draft a center early, especially with Biadasz being a FA; I'm letting him walk. Tyron retires, so you sign veteran swing OT in FA or see how Collins does in the offseason.
I wish we could keep Tyron and have him be healthy….plug in Bass or Hoffman at center maybe (both looked good against Washington, Bass seems to be a find). Freakin Tyron, still so good but brittle as all hell. Drop Gallup as well.

Adreme

Reaction score
Why would NE make a deal that signals they are trying to compete next year when they are nowhere near ready for that? NE does not have a good OLIne, they do not have good weapons, and their defensive genius is about to be coaching elsewhere. They have no reason to try and go for it next year which is what you do if you are trading the number 3 pick for a guy with 1 year left on his deal who you have to extend for a record contract.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Please don’t draft Daniels. His skill set does not translate to the NFL. Once his legs are gone…he’s done!
Wonder why Bo Nix isn’t looked at highly….high completion percent, great TD to Int ratio…statistically had a great season. They didn’t expect Herbert to be as good as he turned out to be either (his last year at college stats weren’t as good as Nix).

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Not sure what’s funnier. Thinking Dak would do that or wanting to draft a skinny below average passing midget with that pick.

McMicah

Reaction score
Can yall imagine if the Eagles were like us?

2024 - “Guys we can’t trade Wentz. What is out there that’s better? Nobody. You can’t just trade a good player like that”

See how stupid that sounds?

TheSport78

Reaction score
It depends.

Do you think there's even a 1 in a billion chance New England or anyone with a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick would swap it straight up for Dak?

If the answer is Yes....then you don't understand the the roster construction/draft importance/"reality"/ operations side of modern football. At least not in the way that it has been run in the last 40 years.

If the answer is No....then I question why you would say such an unrealistic pointless thing. It's as meaningless as saying "hey guys, how bout we trade Luke Schoonmaker for Patrick Mahomes...Boom"
I don’t know, because it's an internet sports forum and it's cool to discuss topics and imagine certain scenarios. Not everything has to be realistic or likely to happen. Your trade analogy was pretty bad too.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, sure. He lives in a mansion. He's making a bunch of money, on and off the field, because of Jerry and the Star.

You think he wants to leave town, why? Because of some mean fans on the internet? He's got it made, win or lose.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Can yall imagine if the Eagles were like us?

2024 - “Guys we can’t trade Wentz. What is out there that’s better? Nobody. You can’t just trade a good player like that”

See how stupid that sounds?
Dak has a no trade clause, Wentz didn't. Dak would be a fool to waive it because his market value would only decrease, especially off the field. America's Team, remember?

Give things a little more thought before tossing the word "stupid" around.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Then he can simply not sign a new deal, Cowboys would almost be forced to cut him, and he can make himself available to all 31 teams. They’ll have to give the Cowboys nothing.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I don’t know, because it's an internet sports forum and it's cool to discuss topics and imagine certain scenarios. Not everything has to be realistic or likely to happen. Your trade analogy was pretty bad too.
No. The trade proposal I made was as cool and realistic as yours was

Let's discuss: schoonmaker for Mahomes. Boom. This is an internet sports forum.. let's imagine this scenario and discuss

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Wonder why Bo Nix isn’t looked at highly….high completion percent, great TD to Int ratio…statistically had a great season. They didn’t expect Herbert to be as good as he turned out to be either (his last year at college stats weren’t as good as Nix).
I think everyone thinks he'll be a 1st rounders pick.

Just not as high as daniels, or the consensus top 2 qb

Swagger

Reaction score
Like the idea of trading him. One, how do you get him to agree to it? My take. Threaten a true competition or he can be traded. But, two. No team is giving a high first round pick for Dak. Especially not number 3. I think you could fetch a 2nd and 3rd. Other teams know he’s not worth a first round pick.
The easiest way to trade him is tell him he will not play another snap for the Dallas Cowboys regardless. Jerry can surely get the local press onside to continually feed whatever negative narrative he wants about Prescott - i.e., lack of leadership and a choker. He can either stay on as the 3rd string QB and effectively watch his career go down the toilet or move on. Yes, he will earn well this season but good teams would be very reluctant to consider him going forwards.

When he could play ball waive his NTC and talk with teams like the Falcons. Everyone wins.