Video: Have the Cowboys done enough?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
With Witten gone leadership just became the most important position of need, Lee is a Leader but frequently injured, and Prescott has to be given the opportunity to lead the offense solo.
There are plenty of leaders on this team I believe. Lee, Byron Jones probably even Jaylon. I couldn't imagine a better mentor than a young guy who had a horrible injury, has worked his *** off to play again and his actions match his words. Yes, Witt was a leader but players age and leave the game. I remember hearing that line "we'll miss his leadership" when Romo retired and we've gone 22-10 since. Someone stepped up nicely. Not debating your post at all, just think we give retired players more due than the ones who play the game. It's their actions now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In an effort to qualify your answer, what would you have done differently?
As fans we aren’t required to provide a solution while critiquing the current status.

Im able to report my car needs repair without the knowledge of mechanically fixing it myself.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As fans we aren’t required to provide a solution while critiquing the current status.

Im able to report my car needs repair without the knowledge of mechanically fixing it myself.

Well then...duh!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks and Curtis Conway are spot on. This team will be better without witten and dez.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ultimately the results of the games and of course the season will expose.

While I believe we had a solid draft addressing some of our weaknesses with LB, G, WR , backup RB ,QB and TE we left one critical area unaddressed in Safety.

And with Wittens retirement leaves another void with a legit starter. I might consider pursuing a veteran with training camp releases this summer.

While I understand the money move with Dez I would have liked to see us use that Cap savings on some of our needs instead of appearing to just pocket the cash. I think it would have served us better to release him earlier so we could have been more active in Free Agency.

Speaking of Free Agency I’m pleased with Ealy aquisition and the trades we made on Draft Day but with the money saved with Dez we could have done more.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks and Curtis Conway are spot on. This team will be better without witten and dez.

We'll see about better. But I agree on being different and probably at least just as effective as an offense. The ONLY thing I believe we'll truly miss is Witten's ability to uncover in traffic and catching 75% of targeted passes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ultimately the results of the games and of course the season will expose.

While I believe we had a solid draft addressing some of our weaknesses with LB, G, WR , backup RB ,QB and TE we left one critical area unaddressed in Safety.

And with Wittens retirement leaves another void with a legit starter. I might consider pursuing a veteran with training camp releases this summer.

While I understand the money move with Dez I would have liked to see us use that Cap savings on some of our needs instead of appearing to just pocket the cash. I think it would have served us better to release him earlier so we could have been more active in Free Agency.

Speaking of Free Agency I’m pleased with Ealy aquisition and the trades we made on Draft Day but with the money saved with Dez we could have done more.

An expensive and single player purchase becomes possible in the cap...next off season.

jday

Reaction score
Assuming the key guys remain healthy on offense, I believe we'll be fine there. Safety is the position that remains a major concern.
Major might be over--stating it. As long as Sean Lee stays healthy, that defense as a whole can be competitive with what we have.

If Lee leaves the field, admittedly, that's a different story.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score

You misunderstand.

I was merely attempting to determine if he's just a pessimist allowing his emotions to do the talking for him or if he could back up his assertions with a logical well-thought plan.

The former is typically wrong no matter how close to the truth they are. But in his response, he proved to be the latter, so even if I don't agree with everything he believes, he has my respect.

You're right, he didn't have to qualify his answer. But the conversation was made better because he did. :thumbup:

Batman1980

Reaction score
There is not a single TE on this roster other than the 4th rounder that I trust to start 16 games. There is not a single TE on this roster that will ever replace Jason Witten. He was the best TE ever and we would be silly to think we will get another one of that caliber.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
In an effort to qualify your answer, what would you have done differently?
We could have been in the TE market in FA if we knew bf hand. I don't really have a problem bc I liked Swaim/Hanna in the limited times they were involved in the passing game, but TE would've been a huge emphasis with us implementing the short passing game due to Daks shaky mid range accuracy. Fans want a game changer mixed in with the good run blocking TEs if this is the new O and that opp will have to wait for next off season in all likelihood.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
An expensive and single player purchase becomes possible in the cap...next off season.
Of course but we’re just pocketing the cash this year which could have been used in signing someone to an extension this year or a Free Agent to a one year contract.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It’s easy to say or type that but it’s yet to be seen. We lose our top 2 recievers despite their declining numbers.
Declining numbers and declining ability. We need athleticism on the offensive side of the ball. Moving on from Witten and Dez does just that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of course but we’re just pocketing the cash this year which could have been used in signing someone to an extension this year or a Free Agent to a one year contract.
And Martin's deal is not done yet...and a possibility of signing additional players?