Have we been too harsh on Costa?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I've been looking up some reviews of his play for the year in 2012, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not just attributing my desire to have him replaced with his early 2011 play, and the horrible overall play of the line in 2012.

I know he got better in the second half of 2011, and he also got better in 2012.

Perhaps Babe is right, and what we'll see the cowboys do is simply replace Bernadeau with Frederick. Then perhaps we'll replace Free with Parnell, or we won't be cheap and we'll get Clabo or Winston. We can also then allow Leary and maybe even Arkin to compete with Livings, who maybe I was also too harsh on.

Smith - Livings - Costa - Frederick - Clabo/Winston/Parnell

Perhaps this is workable, given we probably don't want to sign Moore, and spend more money on a guard after paying Bernadeau and Livings what we decided to pay them.

Offensive Line pass protection ratings

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Cowboys-Offensive-Line-2012-Pass-Protection-Stats-185363612.html

Nate Livings Review
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2013/01/breaking-down-the-boys-nate-livings-2012-review-final-grade.html/

Mackenzy Bernadeau Review
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2013/01/breaking-down-the-boys-mackenzy-bernadeau-2012-review-final-grade.html/

dart

Reaction score
the only thing is his back will it hold up

not likely

an playing foot ball is not doing it any favors IMO

cboyd

Reaction score
after watching the games over again, and watching the games when costa was healthy, yes, I think we are being too harsh. When he was in there, those were the games that are running production was actually pretty productive. saying that, I think that you leave Frederick at center and move costa at guard.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
cboyd;5068838 said:
after watching the games over again, and watching the games when costa was healthy

you mean you watched the game over and after watching the game when costa was healthy....

cboyd

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;5068839 said:
you mean you watched the game over and after watching the game when costa was healthy....
he actually played in 2 and a half, but your right thats not many, but in those two games it was a lot better than anything else we played at center last year

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
Please. Let Costa go. we deserve better. we can do better. we NEED to do better.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
cboyd;5068842 said:
he actually played in 2 and a half, but your right thats not many, but in those two games it was a lot better than anything else we played at center last year

he did? i know he played like one or two series against the giants, so i didn't count that. and he played the ravens game, where else did he play?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Beenadeau is the guy who sucks . We should let him go . Costa is a solid center if he can just stay healthy .

cboyd

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;5068845 said:
he did? i know he played like one or two series against the giants, so i didn't count that. and he played the ravens game, where else did he play?
your right, my bad, but still, I say let him compete at guard. I still think he has better potential as a pass protector than Bernadeau

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
cboyd;5068856 said:
your right, my bad, but still, I say let him compete at guard. I still think he has better potential as a pass protector than Bernadeau

I think all 3, Costa, Livings and Bernadeu need to be replaced. Right now, none are cost prohibitive, so I see no reason to cut Bernadeu and replace him with Costa who was worse in 2011 and has never played guard.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Pessimist_cowboy;5068853 said:
Beenadeau is the guy who sucks . We should let him go . Costa is a solid center if he can just stay healthy .

The only thing solid about Costa is that its a solid bet that he'll spend more time on his backside than upright if we let him play on Sundays.

He's garbage. We have much better options than him. I see no reason to even keep him on the team now to be honest.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People have emotionally invested themselves in not liking him. They don't want to let that go regardless of how well he played in his limited time last year.

Instead it's, "he has sucked, he does suck and he will always suck.'

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5068881 said:
People have emotionally invested themselves in not liking him. They don't want to let that go regardless of how well he played in his limited time last year.

Stop the lies. we see the truth: He has sucked. He improved marginally. he couldnt stay healthy with an injury that is likely to return in some other variation. and we can do better.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
cannonball44;5068890 said:
Stop the lies. we see the truth: He has sucked. He improved marginally. he couldnt stay healthy with an injury that is likely to return in some other variation. and we can do better.

He's the one lying but I'm willing to get you haven't invested any money in the nfl all 22 package or any time into reviewing the play of our linemen last year.

You'll rather bask in ignorance on the pulpit.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

:laugh2:

This is humerous. Couldn't be that he's just bad, could it?

No, its some conspiracy where people just want him to be awful because we all have personal vendettas against him, right Fuzzy?

lulz

Hoofbite

Reaction score

I think a more accurate depiction is,

"He has sucked and until proven otherwise beyond a single game, he still sucks".

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I know I was personally shocked that a first year starter sandwhiched between a 290 lbs. rookie Bill Nagy and a one legged Kyle Kosier didn't look like Dermontti Dawson. Who could have ever guessed he would have looked so much better when he came back this year between two stronger guards and played against the Ravens and the OL had their best game of the season. Truly a shocking development that no one could have ever, ever seen coming.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
newnationcb;5068914 said:
He's the one lying but I'm willing to get you haven't invested any money in the nfl all 22 package or any time into reviewing the play of our linemen last year.

You'll rather bask in ignorance on the pulpit.

He barely played and most everyone has agreed the Ravens game was much improved.

What else is there to look at?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5068915 said:
:laugh2:

This is humerous. Couldn't be that he's just bad, could it?

No, its some conspiracy where people just want him to be awful because we all have personal vendettas against him, right Fuzzy?

lulz

I never said there was a conspiracy. I just said people. If you identify with that then so be it.

What did you think of his play in the 2.5 games he played last year?