Have we supplied Dak with enough to be successful?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Think long and hard at the players that have come in here to this offense, was there at one point where he had enough, or was he never adequately supplied to be successful.

On the other hand, I know the defense being better surely could have helped. Please give your thoughts
It's not about have they done enough for Dak to be successful, it's have they done enough for the TEAM to be successful? We had the same problems this season as last season, couldn't run effectively and couldn't stop the run, so yes the FO failed. They failed to fix the glaring weaknesses of the team and the team will keep failing until they actually address them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ray Charles told me Dak could have the entire pro bowl on offense and lose in the first round of playoffs
How, he's dead? Anyway, since Pro Bowlers are important to you, maybe research that Dallas has Martin, Lamb & Dak on offense in the Pro Bowl.... Annnnd that's it!
But yeah, he needs the "entire offense."

Cmac

Reaction score
3 all pros on the o line and one of the top wr in the league

Two of his first 3 seasons he had the leading rusher in the NFL

Not sure if this is a serious question but yes he's had a full cupboard to work with almost his entire career. The only position we've been seriously deficient at offense wise, is QB
Now can we address the defense for this TEAM to be successful?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't read all 8 pages yet, so maybe this has been covered: what would an average (based on QBR or other QB ranking) QB do in a similar situation as Dak?

Dak, by the way, had the number 2 QBR rating behind only Brock Purdy. QBs in middle range of QBR include the likes of Geno Smith, CJ Stroud, Trevor Lawerence, Baker Mayfield and Derek Carr.

Although difficult, if not impossible, to prove, I would offer that any of the middle-of-the-road QBR QBs could have led Dallas to the playoffs this year with the players Dak had at his disposal on offense.

My point is not to suggest Dak is a bad QB but that with the tools at hand, we could have achieved similar results with a number of other QBs that are markedly less expensive than Dak.

Said another way, adding additional offensive skill positions to the offense will not necessarily make Dak a more successful QB. An average QB with a decent running game and CD would accomplish just as much.

JMO

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Focus and rehearsal does improve both in identification and reduces time for performance. That focus and rehearsal does improve rhythm and even focus for receiving the ball. Very relevant even if a fan prefers just to get another talent involved for team changes in a specific area on team supportl.

Yea, that was English and two sentences.
What is "rehearsal"? Looks like your chatgpt messed up?

And I see three.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We don't have a perfect roster. No team does.

But 9 All Pros is a Cowboy record by a large margin.

The offense was only average at RB, so we can upgrade there

The defense needed help at the 2nd level though. That LB crew was weak

Creeper

Reaction score
I have asked this question before and I will ask it again. Would Goff, Purdy or any other QB not named Mahomes be successful on the NFL without a running game? How many QBs in the league would succeed if they were almost entirely 1 dimensional? I don't think I have to answer that because I am pretty you all know the answer.

I don't want to hear how many all-pros the Cowboys had on the OL. We all saw they can't run block. We complained about Zeke last year and the year before because he wasn't getting it done so again, that is indicative of not having a successful run game. The OL underperformed this year - again. Why aren't we pointing fingers at the OL coach if we thinkthe OL regressed?

Dak is not Mahomes, or Josh Allen. But he is a very good QB. The only QB in the league who can carry his team into the Super Bowl is Mahomes, which he is doing this year.

The Cowboys have some good weapons. The have Lamb and Ferguson. Cooks had a decent year but could we depends on him to pick up the slack when other teams took CeeDee out of the game? More than not, we could not. Gallup has not been a WR2 since he go hurt. We don't really have a receiving threat out of the backfield. This team needs RBs, and a WR2.

The GB game was an awful game by everybody. The offense Defense, Dak, CeeDee, Cooks, everybody. We cannot define the individual players on one game, even if it was a playoff game and an awful performance.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Think long and hard at the players that have come in here to this offense, was there at one point where he had enough, or was he never adequately supplied to be successful.

On the other hand, I know the defense being better surely could have helped. Please give your thoughts
apparantely not.