Have we supplied Dak with enough to be successful?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No. He needs a hall of fame RB, 2 all-pro WRs, an all-pro TE, and 5 pro-bowl O-lineman. Oh, and a generational Defense like the '85 Bears, Steel Curtain, Doomsday, or 2000 Ravens. I dont know how we can expect our $50 million QB to win without that. According to the Dak lovers on here it seems all the QBs who win superbowls have these.
I guess so, but on the real hand, other teams are winning with far less

kevm3

Reaction score
No, because we don't have a GM. We've gone through this same song and dance for 30 years. Do you think Mahomes would be Mahomes with Jason Garrett as coach during his initial years? Is Mahomes going to get the whole team prepared and ready to play?

We didn't lose a close one to Green Bay. They probably would have put up 60 if they didn't tape the brakes.

There's no qb that's going to come in here and win with Jerry's selection of buddy coaches and bargain budget GM strategy

The 49ers were once again active in free agency, and guess what, here hey are possibly headed to another superbowl. Meanwhile, we cheap out and those obvious holes rear their ugly heads again.

You're not going to win with an organizational lead that doesn't exhaust every avenue to find talent and hires coaches not based on their ability to coach but rather how much he is buddies with them.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm no MM apologist, but Jerry has put the HC in a very bad dysfunctional situation by the way they have handled the team.

That's the Jerry factor.. even after winning 36 games in 3 years the team still gets mocked because the owner has to micromanage every single aspect of the team. I think McCarthy in a normal situation can have playoff success, this is not that situation. Jerry and his kid are a major problem!

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's the Jerry factor.. even after winning 36 games in 3 years the team still gets mocked because the owner has to micromanage every single aspect of the team. I think McCarthy in a normal situation can have playoff success, this is not that situation. Jerry and his kid are a major problem!
Remember the movie the Toy with Richard Pryor? Thats the team and the way its being ran. Meddling.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m scratching my head at this thread. :huh: Dak was in the MVP race this season. He led the NFL in TD passes, becoming only the second Cowboys QB to accomplish that. He completed a franchise record 69.5% of his passes. His number one WR set a franchise record with over 1700 receiving yards. The Cowboys had the 5th ranked offense plus the highest scoring offense and someone is asking if Dak was supplied with enough to be successful? He probably would have been successful in the playoffs if he had a running game and a defense.
Accomplished all that while facing the softest pass defense schedule in the league.

Big_D

Reaction score
I’m scratching my head at this thread. :huh: Dak was in the MVP race this season. He led the NFL in TD passes, becoming only the second Cowboys QB to accomplish that. He completed a franchise record 69.5% of his passes. His number one WR set a franchise record with over 1700 receiving yards. The Cowboys had the 5th ranked offense plus the highest scoring offense and someone is asking if Dak was supplied with enough to be successful? He probably would have been successful in the playoffs if he had a running game and a defense.

That's the answer. All that stuff on offense is nice but the well rounded team for any playoff success isn't there. Run game and D, that's January football.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has more talent around him than 3 of the 4 remaining QBs. There is no amount of talent that’s going to carry him over the finish line. He doesn’t have the poise under pressure required to get a team to the Super Bowl.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll say it till I'm BLUE as an away Dallas jersey. GET DAK A DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RB - Zeke, Pollard - elite
WR1 - Dez, Lamb, Cooper - elite
WR2 - Gallup, Cooks - above average
TE - Witten, Schultz, Ferg - elite
LT - Smith - elite
LG - Average
C - Fred - average after
RG - Martin - elite
RT - Collins and Steele - above average

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is usually always an incomplete part of the team to overcome but he has had enough around him to be more successful in the playoffs. There isn’t a QB in the league with a perfect supporting cast, Baltimore(Lamar) comes the closest I think.

I don’t think there is a QB out there that can get to the Super Bowl with this team as it stands now though.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Think long and hard at the players that have come in here to this offense, was there at one point where he had enough, or was he never adequately supplied to be successful.

On the other hand, I know the defense being better surely could have helped. Please give your thoughts
Clearly we didnt support him with enough talent.

But the question still remains wether someone is able to provide a bad NFL with so much talent that he can win against a good defense or a meaningful game.

I seriously doubt that. Just because per definition a bad QB will not be able to move the ball against a good defense on a constant basis regardless of the talent you surround him with.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Accomplished all that while facing the softest pass defense schedule in the league.
Some of you just don’t let up. You refuse to give him an ounce of credit. :rolleyes: He completed almost 70% playing behind a make-shift OL most of the season. We only had our entire starting OL on the field for a few games and some of them didn’t play well. There were games where Dak was under constant pressure. Plus he didn’t have a consistent running game all season. He had some impressive numbers with what he had to deal with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's the answer. All that stuff on offense is nice but the well rounded team for any playoff success isn't there. Run game and D, that's January football.
By the time the playoffs arrived you could see the cracks. We looked awful against Buffalo. A young Miami team showed more poise than we did finding a way to win a tight game. Even against Washington in the season finale we were down 10-7 in the second quarter against a bad team playing with a lot of backups. Despite the fact we had the NFC East on the line. I said after that game we don’t look like a team that will go far.