Having both Lawrence and Gregory back might hurt pass rush

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Tank should be the 5-tech DE and Micah at left edge OLB on base downs and then on passing downs you have Micah-Tank-Osa or Gallimore-Gregory all rushing the passer

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And I'm saying this because it could take opportunities away from Parsons being at the line of scrimmage as an edge rusher. I think Parsons is so dominate at the LOS that he may end up there permanently next year if Lawrence becomes a cap casualty. Right now once Gregory returns it will be him and Lawrence at D-end so you'll see a lot of Parsons at LB and most likely be blitzing between the tackles and I don't like that nearly as much as when he's on the edge dominating the tackle one on one.

No offense but saying having Gregory and Lawrence back might hurt the pass rush is ridiculous! To be a good defense you can’t have one player account for most of your pass rush and sacks. Demarcus Ware used to account for most of our pass rush and sacks and we never had a good defense when he was here. You need pressure coming from different angles and you have to be able to defend the run which Parsons has struggled with at times. We can’t just line him up head hunting the QB every game. Having multiple pass rushers frees others to the QB. This may help Parsons get to the QB even more. He’s being game planed and is able to be taken out of some plays. It’s hard to take him out of plays when you have multiple pass rushers like Gregory and DLaw to worry about.

vlad

Reaction score
I would love for him to rush full time but our interior Lb are so putrid, he might be like way more valuable than there. If I were Washington or any team we face I’d run the ball non stop until they prove they can stop it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you want to optimize the pass rush or do you want to optimize the defense?

And are we still using "dominate" as an adjective? I thought that came and went 15 years ago.
Thanks man, that's a pet peeve of mine too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I swear, we have people that apparently do nothing but sit around and think about stuff to ***** about.
I honestly believe this is pretty close to the truth. It's not that they all necessary want to *****, but I think some people just try really hard to think of different angles to start threads about.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I'm saying this because it could take opportunities away from Parsons being at the line of scrimmage as an edge rusher. I think Parsons is so dominate at the LOS that he may end up there permanently next year if Lawrence becomes a cap casualty. Right now once Gregory returns it will be him and Lawrence at D-end so you'll see a lot of Parsons at LB and most likely be blitzing between the tackles and I don't like that nearly as much as when he's on the edge dominating the tackle one on one.
Nooooooo.....it will allow him to roam free....it will make him better

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Remember Gregory fans don’t like sacks. They like pressures.

visionary

Reaction score

disagree strongly

1. You can still rush Parsons

2. Gallimore and Hill in the middle along with Osa can collapse the pocket and put pressure

we should be a much better defense when all these guys return

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence and Gregory take about 60% of the snaps, Parsons takes about 80.....that means that we can have a combination of at least two of those guys, 100% of the time.....if you don't think that's a good thing, you don't know squat.......ridiculous!

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Adding Tank, Gregory, and Gallimore to Parsons, Osa, and Hill is going to be awesome.
It means the pass rush will be coming from everywhere and anywhere, and it will be coming in waves.
Not to mention, Tank and Gregory are also better against the run. The whole D is going to be better.

SlwSVT

Reaction score
You very simply put Tank at one of the D tackles in passing situations with Parsons and Gregory on the edges. Then you have your choice to rotate at the other D tackle in passing situations. Getting consistent pressure with only 4 down lineman is a game changer.