Having Cooper Beebe improves the Cowboys big time

HungryLion

Reaction score
We now have a center that can get to the 2nd level and put defenders on the ground. This improves the Cowboys bigtime.
Now we just need Zeke to make it to the second level with his walker.

Mikexike

Reaction score
You’re not going to know anything for sure about these players until they’re playing against starters during the regular season. Some of them will be matched up against All Pros. The preseason is about figuring out who’s going to make your team. All these players are competing against guys on their own team and on other teams that are trying to make the squad. I remember the 89 Cowboys going 3-1 in preseason. Everyone thought they were going to have a good team until the regular season started. It’s a huge difference between preseason and the regular season. There’s a lot of young players that will be going up against the best in the NFL, which is a huge jump from the bubble guys they’re facing in preseason.
You can definitely tell who can play and can't play in preseason, You also need to see improvement from game 1 to 3 and if what they see in practice translate to the game. No one cares about wins and losses in pre season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Beebe will be a big improvement over Biadasz. It should really help on inside zone runs and stop the center from being pushed back into the QB’s lap.

Among other things…
Wish I could like this 1000 times. Exactly right AsthmaField.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You’re not going to know anything for sure about these players until they’re playing against starters during the regular season. Some of them will be matched up against All Pros. The preseason is about figuring out who’s going to make your team. All these players are competing against guys on their own team and on other teams that are trying to make the squad. I remember the 89 Cowboys going 3-1 in preseason. Everyone thought they were going to have a good team until the regular season started. It’s a huge difference between preseason and the regular season. There’s a lot of young players that will be going up against the best in the NFL, which is a huge jump from the bubble guys they’re facing in preseason.
100%, I'm not anti Preseason, but we really need to take the results with a grain of salt. It's a completely different league here in a couple of weeks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can definitely tell who can play and can't play in preseason, You also need to see improvement from game 1 to 3 and if what they see in practice translate to the game. No one cares about wins and losses in pre season.
You certainly can’t tell if they’re going to be the answer during the regular season. All you can tell in the preseason is who’s better than another player they’re competing against. Hardly any teams are playing their starters in preseason these days. The Rams didn’t even play their first three picks against us in preseason. You have to take into account the level of competition these players are going up against in preseason. Deuce looked good in preseason last year. He made a few nice plays and got everyone excited but when the regular season started he could hardly gain a yard. He ended up a 23 carries, averaging only 1.9. The regular season can be a rude awakening for a lot of young players. It’s about winning games in the regular season with the best players on your team.

stiletto

Reaction score
This is one of those "anointing oil" threads isn't it? lol.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Why in threads where anyone is suggest “Lance played well” the Raiders were playing their scrubs though?

Were Beebe and Guyton the only guys playing against non scrub players?
This thread is about Beebe's play, not Lance...Beebe is better in the run game getting to the second level, Hoffman is better in the passing game blocking....if the organization wants to thrive in the run game, they probably should start Beebe over Hoffman....

Mikexike

Reaction score
You certainly can’t tell if they’re going to be the answer during the regular season. All you can tell in the preseason is who’s better than another player they’re competing against. Hardly any teams are playing their starters in preseason these days. The Rams didn’t even play their first three picks against us in preseason. You have to take into account the level of competition these players are going up against in preseason. Deuce looked good in preseason last year. He made a few nice plays and got everyone excited but when the regular season started he could hardly gain a yard. He ended up a 23 carries, averaging only 1.9. The regular season can be a rude awakening for a lot of young players.
He sure looked good against the raiders 1's

rambo2

Reaction score
This thread is about Beebe's play, not Lance...Beebe is better in the run game getting to the second level, Hoffman is better in the passing game blocking....if the organization wants to thrive in the run game, they probbaly should start Beebe over Hoffman....
Beebe is the starter on day 1.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He sure looked good against the raiders 1's
The Raiders are going to have some issues this season. I’m not saying BeeBee isn’t going to be a good player. All I’m saying is let’s tap the brakes until the regular season starts. He’s bound to go through some growing pains and we have to see how he handles it. I don’t get overly excited about players until I see them play in the regular season. I’ve seen some real good preseason performances by young players not translate to the regular season. A lot of fans get burned because they buy in too quick.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The only thing we know about our rookies on the OL is that we don't know anything yet. Hopeful yes, but to say we are solid on the OL after 2 pre-season games?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This thread is about Beebe's play, not Lance...Beebe is better in the run game getting to the second level, Hoffman is better in the passing game blocking....if the organization wants to thrive in the run game, they probably should start Beebe over Hoffman....
At least from the Raider game film I thought Beebe was stronger in pass protection than he was in the run game. He had a very nice second level block on a pitch play in that game, but aside from that really didn't seem comfortable on the move. I can't recall any issues on his pass pro. He plays strong, plays with excellent balance, and his handwork is extremely good for a rookie.

I thought it was a close competition a week ago, but now I think you have to give the keys to Beebe, even if he has some work to do still.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beebe is gonna be very good ...... maybe great.

But we have had a great o-linemen for years and years ...... its the other positions I am worried about

rambo2

Reaction score
The only thing we know about our rookies on the OL is that we don't know anything yet. Hopeful yes, but to say we are solid on the OL after 2 pre-season games?
We know, at least some of us do.