Having Cooper Beebe improves the Cowboys big time

rambo2

Reaction score
Beebe is gonna be very good ...... maybe great.

But we have had a great o-linemen for years and years ...... its the other positions I am worried about
The issue we had was with the center not being able to get to the 2nd level and make a block and not having the power to block the dtackles. That's why we had trouble running the ball.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Raiders are going to have some issues this season. I’m not saying BeeBee isn’t going to be a good player. All I’m saying is let’s tap the brakes until the regular season starts. He’s bound to go through some growing pains and we have to see how he handles it. I don’t get overly excited about players until I see them play in the regular season. I’ve seen some real good preseason performances by young players not translate to the regular season. A lot of fans get burned because they buy in too quick.
He is an upgrade to what we had.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deuce looked good in preseason last year. He made a few nice plays and got everyone excited but when the regular season started he could hardly gain a yard.
Here we go..............

rambo2

Reaction score
There is no question about that.

On draft day I said he steps in on day one and makes the OL better.

Just imagine when he gets a few games under his belt.
Just an excellent draft pick. We might have gotten the best center in the draft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here we go..............
He was able to make things happen in preseason last year and last week. The blocking wasn’t great on one of his runs last week but he was able to make a defender miss. He also pushed the pile on one run. Let’s see him do that in the regular season if given the opportunity.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why in threads where anyone is suggest “Lance played well” the Raiders were playing their scrubs though?

Were Beebe and Guyton the only guys playing against non scrub players?
Lance was bad against the starters and didn’t start playing better until they left.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Just an excellent draft pick. We might have gotten the best center in the draft.
In the long run I think that's possible. IMO Graham Barton just looks like a plug and play NFL C though. I think the learning curve for him is less and itll be tough for Beebe to catch him year 1.

EJK24

Reaction score
I like what we have done up front. Biadasz was okay in his time here but we definitely could stand to upgrade. When you consider the Commanders gave him almost 30 mill over 3 years, we get youth with upside and a cap savings by moving on. Beebe has a chance to be a day one starter and I think between him and Guyton, with the savings on both of those positions, we did the right thing long term. Im more concerned we didn't replace Pollard than I am about our o-line if everyone stays healthy. Really need the run game to get back on track this year.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree. Henry should be able to have an outstanding year behind this line.....oh, wait.
The only problem is the running back.

For some reason Jerry is hellbent on Zeke taking up a roster spot and I just don't get it.