Having Cooper Beebe improves the Cowboys big time

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How do you not know? Are you blind?
So you can guarantee we are much stronger based upon pre-season play against scrubs? Are you a fan, or do you understand football and the concept of playing the game before we anoint? Yes the OL should be much better, but let's see them play before we are comfortable with this

rambo2

Reaction score
So you can guarantee we are much stronger based upon pre-season play against scrubs? Are you a fan, or do you understand football and the concept of playing the game before we anoint? Yes the OL should be much better, but let's see them play before we are comfortable with this
Yes, Beebe is much better than Biadasz and Guyton is better than the current version of Tyron Smith who has health issues. They also have strong interior depth and can use Tyler Smith as the backup left tackle if needed. We will see how it works out, but that is how it stands today.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s see him do that in the regular season if given the opportunity.
Let's see him get some meaningful carries on plays designed for him and not just thrown into the offense for once.

McCarthy has had 7 months to figure this out. After the big whiff he pulled last year I'm anxious to see what he has come up with.

rambo2

Reaction score
Let's see him get some meaningful carries on plays designed for him and not just thrown into the offense for once.

McCarthy has had 7 months to figure this out. After the big whiff he pulled last year I'm anxious to see what he has come up with.
He came up with an oline that can block and can actually run a screen pass with Beebe leading the way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The game will dictate how they’re going to use him. Just looking at what they were doing in OTA’s with him it appears they want to get him more involved in the passing game. However, he’s still not a lock to make the team. A lot of things could happen. He could make the 53 then during the season, we could possibly trade for a back and he’s released or put on the practice squad. Him only playing special teams as a returner is a problem. They’re not going to hang onto him if they’re not going to suit him up for games every week. That’s a wasted roster spot.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Man, I hope we play all 17 games (And playoffs) with the same starting lineup.
Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin and Steele.
If they can play together consistently, we may end up with our best starting Oline we have had for awhile ...

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
With rookie offensive linemen the best way to get them accolated and developed is to run the ball, to allow them to go downhill. It's more natural for them then to back up. Chances are we will have two rookie OL starters, so I'm expecting a little heavier run game for the first part of the season than we've seen. Penalties are going to be key as always, but with two rookies it's going to be more so. Are there more holding penalties on run plays or passing plays? Not sure, but when it comes to Guyton I'm liking his abilities to go downhill more than backwards at this point, especially when you look at the DE's he will be facing the first 5 weeks. As the season goes, I expect things to open up more and for the rookies to up their game and prove they belong on the same field. Guyton and Bebee are both physical players, so I expect them to hold their own. It's just going to be how they process mentally and prepare themselves on a weekly basis. Having Martin and Steele to lean on will be beneficial for them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
With Tyler, Guyton, Beebe, Martin and a healthy Steele, they could be dominant. Expecting great things this year.
Two rookies + Steele means not so great for pass blocking.
Looks pretty good for run blocking, though.
Too bad we don't have a credible RB.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yes, Beebe is much better than Biadasz and Guyton is better than the current version of Tyron Smith who has health issues. They also have strong interior depth and can use Tyler Smith as the backup left tackle if needed. We will see how it works out, but that is how it stands today.
No point going back and forth with you as you are basing your opinions on initial grades. Both guys should be better than the players they are replacing, but I say it again and again....you have only see them play against vanilla D and backups. At least see them play again 1st team D before coming to any conclusions, this will avoid any possible disappointment

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No point going back and forth with you as you are basing your opinions on initial grades. Both guys should be better than the players they are replacing, but I say it again and again....you have only see them play against vanilla D and backups. At least see them play again 1st team D before coming to any conclusions, this will avoid any possible disappointment
They played against 1st team in the Raiders game.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They played against 1st team in the Raiders game.
Still not showing everything, and very vanilla. I put 100% nothing burger on most of the pre-season right now, except for those Giants fans who had to watch Danny Dimes, do Danny; Dimes things. For as many of our players as that look great right now, you know darn well that once real games begin this won't be the case for the most part. The goat right now for teams is to get through games healthy and unscathed. It's encouraging to see things as they are and look forward to seeing how this plays out. Until I do, I am not ready to say that anybody is better at LT than the current version of Tyron was when healthy...not even close and it's an insult to the future Hall of Famer

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Expect Beebe and Guyton to experience growing pains, but both should develop into solid to good or even better OL as the season progresses. Beebe will probably develop faster than Guyton.
His challenge, especially considering he is learning a new position, will be quickness to the left or right of him. Fortunately, that is mitigated some by playing center since one of the guards usually gives a help block before moving on to their next blocks. Lateral quickness is Beebe's biggest weakness, but it also was for Travis Frederick and he became a star at the position. Of course, Frederick was a center in college so even if Beebe reaches his level, it probably will take him a while.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Im not the biggest fan of our O coach, but the change from pre season to regular season by that line was noticable. If he has Beebe at C come the first week, yea, Beebe is a force to reckon with. Im betting on the positive side with this guy, hes putting in the work, the attitude, and hes jumping at all the chances.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This OL has potential to be good or solid and should get better over time but it’s too early to be drawing any conclusions without more evidence and results.

And without a stronger RB cast it could be under appreciated or realized.

Hopefully they can pass block immediately cause if our running game struggles we’ll completely be dependent on this OL protecting our QB.