Having Work With Cowboys

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's no surprise that the Cowboys' personality in question was irked at us. Nobody escapes our wrath here! :muttley:
LoL:lmao:
I'd reckon 'they' must think it's the equivalent of facial herpes , being what they 'deem' heaped/verbally dished out on 'em,,huh?
I've never ventured thru the truly fragile mental psyche of a professional football players casing liner before, TILL now!
WoW:lmao2:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I've been a regular here that didn't post here for most of the 2017 season, and will start again. The reason being work gave me a client to work with that is a well known part of the Dallas Cowboys, and whose name is mentioned often on these forums. When I first started talking with him, I mentioned "Cowboyszone", and I was surprised to find he knew this site and was irked with it. I didn't mention it again, but would still would talk Cowboys, and business finally closed. My last words to him were to tell Jerry Jones to finally put Harvey Martin in the ROH as he was wanting me to let him know what he could do to thank me for the help I gave him. That business relationship has been done for a few months now, and I can post again. Have any of you worked with Cowboys personnel, and did you do the same? I just thought it wasn't proper to post here while working with the guy, and trust me, they know this website exists. Obviously it wasn't Jerry ones.
I'm sure they are aware of this site but probably doesn't read most of our chatter

visionary

Reaction score
Did he like me? I bet he probably liked me a lot but was irked with the other guys.

I don't know if 'like' is the right word but I think he definitely knew you because he kept wondering why you didn't know the proper spelling of your username

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The way he put it to me was he thought it was misinformed. What that misinformation is, he didn't say.

Most of my conversations with the guy were business oriented. I would sneak in a Cowboys conversation here and there. He was annoyed with this place, and others like Blogging The Boys, and thought dallascowboys.com should be where most discussions should happen. So yeah, he pushed kool aid.
Yep. You’re talking about Mickey Spagnola. Pretty obvious.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Being a father had nothing to do with Broaddus not getting back into scouting.

He said many times that he tried to get a scouting job and couldn't. I primarily remember him saying it back when he was on the radio before working for the Cowboys. He said he would "take a scouting job tomorrow" if he got an offer.

People eventually create a narrative for themselves that they can live with.

I've met several guys that spent time in training camp with a pro team or had a tryout. None of them say they just were not good enough. Many claim an injury derailed their pro career. One said it was because they were biased against players from his college.

Broaddus might now be claiming his son is the reason, but that is not what he said back when he thought he might get another chance at a scouting job.

Is that sorta like a fan creating a narrative of a person (in this case Broadduss) they don't know to disparage him?

I think Broadduss is generally bad at what he does now (this season more than ever), but it's a bit rich to think you know what his personal circumstances are. From my understanding he's a solo parent; I think it's quite plausible that he doesn't see being on the road to live the glamorous of scouting be away from his son as a viable option.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
My brother worked for the Cowboys for a few years. He sold suites when the stadium first opened and for a couple of years. Got to talk with the Jones family often and saw many ex-players at games and hospitality events. They even got to fly on the private jets to a game here and there. He never had one bad word to say about anyone and personally loved the family. Doesn’t mean he liked that we weren’t winning and he and I would talk about issues like we were brothers discussing our fave team. But overall I never had “scoop” except maybe what ex players were saying. He really enjoyed speaking with D Woodson

Quickdraw

Reaction score
The way he put it to me was he thought it was misinformed. What that misinformation is, he didn't say.

Most of my conversations with the guy were business oriented. I would sneak in a Cowboys conversation here and there. He was annoyed with this place, and others like Blogging The Boys, and thought dallascowboys.com should be where most discussions should happen. So yeah, he pushed kool aid.

Interesting because it was the decision of the organization, and NFL, to close down the discussion board at DC.com. Can't have a discussion on a website with a team that no longer supports discussions on their so called "Official" site.

diefree666

Reaction score
Is that sorta like a fan creating a narrative of a person (in this case Broadduss) they don't know to disparage him?

I think Broadduss is generally bad at what he does now (this season more than ever), but it's a bit rich to think you know what his personal circumstances are. From my understanding he's a solo parent; I think it's quite plausible that he doesn't see being on the road to live the glamorous of scouting be away from his son as a viable option.
I remember him talking about this the year after he got fired by BP. About wanting to keep being a scout and not getting any offers. I listened to him say that so your take is total BS. He just was not very good and that is why he was fired and did not get any other scouting jobs.

remdak

Reaction score
Yep. You’re talking about Mickey Spagnola. Pretty obvious.
Ha, no way. Spags does not want fans to have any input at all anywhere. Just be quiet and be happy about 23 years of futility.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Because the majority of threads here are made by people who absolutely have no idea what they are talking about. They just want to ***** and whine. That's what makes them happy.
And yet here you are...whining.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was only the radio every day back then. He said it himself repeatedly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, he sent me a personal message pissed at me for being critical of his takes.
He said a player was bad in the previous preseason and I pointed out that the player in question missed that preseason with an injury.

He got really mad.

He can mow lawns if he does not want internet criticism. Media jobs come with criticism like traveling salesmen jobs come with travel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been a regular here that didn't post here for most of the 2017 season, and will start again. The reason being work gave me a client to work with that is a well known part of the Dallas Cowboys, and whose name is mentioned often on these forums. When I first started talking with him, I mentioned "Cowboyszone", and I was surprised to find he knew this site and was irked with it. I didn't mention it again, but would still would talk Cowboys, and business finally closed. My last words to him were to tell Jerry Jones to finally put Harvey Martin in the ROH as he was wanting me to let him know what he could do to thank me for the help I gave him. That business relationship has been done for a few months now, and I can post again. Have any of you worked with Cowboys personnel, and did you do the same? I just thought it wasn't proper to post here while working with the guy, and trust me, they know this website exists. Obviously it wasn't Jerry ones.
I worked with some former Cowboy players decades ago before there was an Internet.