Hayden calls out Broaddus on Twitter

AzorAhai

Reaction score
No kidding.

I don't even know how he became the topic of conversation.

You know certain individuals have their own agenda to push. The one starting that crap in this thread would have been absolutely furious if the team actually traded what it cost to get him. His favorite weekend of the year would have been ruined.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't fall for that weak sauce, dave. It would have been insane to leverage our draft into the top 10 to get a RB of all things. He's a player we'd have loved to have, but getting him in Dallas was always impractical, and Risen knows it.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Don't fall for that weak sauce, dave. It would have been insane to leverage our draft into the top 10 to get a RB of all things. He's a player we'd have loved to have, but getting him in Dallas was always impractical, and Risen knows it.

Our entire draft wouldn't have been enough on the point chart to go to 9. We're talking multiple picks this year and multiple future picks.

The Falcons traded that years 1st, 2nd and 4th along with a future 1st and 4th to go from 27 to 6. We whould have had to pay something similar to go from 27 to 9 or above. People need to see through this crap for what it really is.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Todd Gurley would replace Murray in his sleep. Just had to make the move for him. At least make the attempt. He is a special player and the thought of him and Dez in the same offense is bad things man for the NFL.

And if they did that, you would be complaining that you don't move up for running backs. He was a top 10 pick. We should have just moved up for Andrew Luck a few years ago, too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...People need to see through this crap for what it really is.

I think they're starting to, finally.

Tough, though. The manure of 5 straight losses is fertile ground for weeds. It's wearing on me, and I'm a positive guy by nature. It's got to be killing the fans who are more negatively inclined.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I think they're starting to, finally.

Tough, though. The manure of 5 straight losses is fertile ground for weeds. It's wearing on me, and I'm a positive guy by nature. It's got to be killing the fans who are more negatively inclined.

I understand the frustration. What I don't understand is the witch hunt going on trying to find all the little reasons we've sucked for 6 weeks. There is no hidden cause. Our WRs aren't as bad as people are making it seem. Neither are the coaches, defense or anything else people can think of. We went from Tony Romo to Weeden/Cassel. Thats it. Thats why things are as bad as they are. Everything else is a symptom. They are the disease. I know it sucks, but if you would have told anyone on here before the year to pick the Cowboys to win a game against Ryan, Brees, Eli, Brady or Wilson with Weeden or Cassel as the QB, not many would have picked the Cowboys.

With those two as the QB we need other teams to make mistakes to win and we're giving them no reason to even risk making those mistakes.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand the frustration. What I don't understand is the witch hunt going on trying to find all the little reasons we've sucked for 6 weeks. There is no hidden cause. Our WRs aren't as bad as people are making it seem. Neither are the coaches, defense or anything else people can think of. We went from Tony Romo to Weeden/Cassel. Thats it. Thats why things are as bad as they are. Everything else is a symptom. They are the disease. I know it sucks, but if you would have told anyone on here before the year to pick the Cowboys to win a game against Ryan, Brees, Eli, Brady or Wilson with Weeden or Cassel as the QB, not many would have picked the Cowboys.

With those two as the QB we need other teams to make mistakes to win and we're giving them no reason to even risk making those mistakes.

I'd broaden it a bit to include some of the other good and great players we've been missing during the stretch, but otherwise, that's exactly right. We've been a play or two away on several occasions, but it's all attributable to personnel. And most of the personnel issues have been injury or suspension related.

The significant exception to that for me as been the ST teams. We haven't had the right personnel there from the start. In terms of both the returners and the coverage players. And those teams can be filled out with bottom-roster personnel during the season. Now, we've had some challenges because we're carrying injured players and a QB3 we won't use on the active roster for whatever reason, but it's kept us from fixing what I think is a fixable problem. If you hear Micky Spagnola complaining every week about not being able to block gunners on return teams, and it keeps happening, at some point that's not on the personnel, it's on the coaches, because ST players are available even on the street at this point in the season. But that's just my opinion.

dfense

Reaction score
Hayden has a specific roll on the line and his coach gives him a B+. He's not a 100 million dollar DT. But I don't recall seeing him dog it much.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I'd broaden it a bit to include some of the other good and great players we've been missing during the stretch, but otherwise, that's exactly right. We've been a play or two away on several occasions, but it's all attributable to personnel. And most of the personnel issues have been injury or suspension related.

The significant exception to that for me as been the ST teams. We haven't had the right personnel there from the start. In terms of both the returners and the coverage players. And those teams can be filled out with bottom-roster personnel during the season. Now, we've had some challenges because we're carrying injured players and a QB3 we won't use on the active roster for whatever reason, but it's kept us from fixing what I think is a fixable problem. If you hear Micky Spagnola complaining every week about not being able to block gunners on return teams, and it keeps happening, at some point that's not on the personnel, it's on the coaches, because ST players are available even on the street at this point in the season. But that's just my opinion.

I agree completely here. The STs has been incredibly bad with the exception of Bailey. People complain about Beasley and his fair catches, but he has gunners on top of him every punt return. The STs unit is, imo, responsible for the Giants game. That was the game the Cowboys needed to steal and the STs let them down again. It's been a problem for a couple of seasons and needs to be addressed. The last thing you need when you're struggling with a b/u QB is your STs giving up points.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they did that, you would be complaining that you don't move up for running backs. He was a top 10 pick. We should have just moved up for Andrew Luck a few years ago, too.

He just does this to get attention. He does not care if it is ridiculous.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
You do realize 4 tackles for a DT is quite a bit in 1 game, right? Gerald McCoy had 28 (1.75 per game) tackles all of last year...Suh had 44 (2.75 per game)....Geno Atkins had 20 (1.25 per game)....Poe had 38 (2.37 per game)....

All of them averaged under 3 tackles per game.....

making a tackle 8 yds deep because the other team isnt scared of running at you is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is cool to see the report card format.
+ 29 (Number of good plays)
- 4 (Number of bad play)
% 88% (29 as a percentage of 33)
Total Plays 33 (Total snaps played)
Factor 10 (???)
Loaf 2 (The famous grade by Marinelli for not hustling on a play)
MA
ME
PEN
MT
T 4 (Tackle)
AT 3 (Attempted Tackle)
DE or DES 3 (???)
QB H/P
BLK Pass
FF
FR
TFL
SCK
INT
SAF
TD
1-1 Rush 1 (?? I guess a positive on 1 pass rush attempt)
Grade 5.0 B+

I think the AT is assisted tackle, and the Dis is a vague disruption based on the key below