Hayden calls out Broaddus on Twitter

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I typically only LOAF once a day, everyday, all day long.

FIFY :D

Gotta go get my pen and pad...I think there's a hit song in there somewhere.

Last edited:

LandryFan

Reaction score
Scrubs have no right to talk. If this clown didn't get blown off the line each play maybe just maybe we could compile more sacks.

While I agree that players aren't and shouldn't be immune to criticism, I don't feel that Broadus has a right to put an actual player grade sheet out there like that. That would be like someone in your work organization putting your eval out in public. It's not "innacurate", but it ain't cool either, IMO. Wonder if Broadus would care to place his work eval out there for the public to see. The guy may have scouted in the past, but his player evaluations have been spotty, at best, for a while now. He has no room to criticize.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sounds like there is subjectivity to the grading, which I don't care about. Hayden carried out his assignments to the effectiveness of a B+. That does not mean a whole lot in terms of making plays, which means the team wins. He's a great set up player, I guess. Things would be much easier for Marinelli if he were able to make plays in the process of setting the table. But he's not and I guess that is A-Okay with Marinelli.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
His coach gave him a B+ for the game.

I suspect Hayden does a better job of doing what they expect him to do (stuffing the run) we give him credit for here on CZ.

This is quite often the case on fan forums.

Mostly because there's far too many people on them who think they know what all is going on during a game when they really don't.

They only understand the flashy stats.

LandryFan

Reaction score
I wonder if Broaddus is going to quit his job again because Hayden called him out? He said he questioned if he really wants to continue his job after going at it with fans on Twitter everyday. I'm sure they'll talk about this on the show tomorrow.
Well, BYE FELICIA...don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now Sturm is favoriting (I guess "hearting" with the new stupid way now on Twitter) Hayden's post. I guess he does not like Broaddus too much either.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
same team that thought weeden was a capable backup and randle was a sufficient replacement for murray. i don't trust their ability to evaluate their in-house talent.

People who keep saying these things ignore the reality of the cap. It's embarrassing.

remdak

Reaction score
While I agree that players aren't and shouldn't be immune to criticism, I don't feel that Broadus has a right to put an actual player grade sheet out there like that. That would be like someone in your work organization putting your eval out in public. It's not "innacurate", but it ain't cool either, IMO. Wonder if Broadus would care to place his work eval out there for the public to see. The guy may have scouted in the past, but his player evaluations have been spotty, at best, for a while now. He has no room to criticize.

Hayden put the grade sheet out there, not Broaddus.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Broaddus is a POS. I made a bet with him that if Johnny Manziel fell to us in the 2014 draft that we would skip over him. Bryan was so confident that we would grab Manziel at 18 that he accepted the bet, if we skipped Manziel he was supposed to send me an autographed cowboys hat signed by the players, and if I lost i was supposed to send him a cover from my command i was stationed at. Obviously he lost the bet, and I have sent him my address like 10 times to his personal email. He keeps saying okay every time I mention him on twitter, but I still haven't received that hat from a year and a half ago smh.

He probably couldn't find two players willing to autograph something for him and is too embarrassed to ask someone else to get them for him.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Hayden put the grade sheet out there, not Broaddus.

Ok...thought Broaddus was putting that out there to critique Hayden. I stand corrected on that. Broaddus is still not very good at his job, though (IMHO). All that said, I wholeheartedly agree with those that have said Hayden (and every other player) needs to quit reading and responding to the crap that gets put out there. It just leads to distractions that they don't need.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Todd Gurley would replace Murray in his sleep. Just had to make the move for him. At least make the attempt. He is a special player and the thought of him and Dez in the same offense is bad things man for the NFL.

Our next move should be drafting a quality QB.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
B+ is pretty good. Maybe we shouldnt be upset with players but with those who are doing the grading.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is quite often the case on fan forums.

Mostly because there's far too many people on them who think they know what all is going on during a game when they really don't.

They only understand the flashy stats.

Exactly. And instead of being wrong, the decide it's the grading that's subjective so that they can still be *right.*

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Now Sturm is favoriting (I guess "hearting" with the new stupid way now on Twitter) Hayden's post. I guess he does not like Broaddus too much either.

I've heard Sturm speak highly of Broaddus on the radio actually. Something about influencing him with more technical analysis of football.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Hayden gloating over 4 tackles and zero sacks. lol.

You do realize 4 tackles for a DT is quite a bit in 1 game, right? Gerald McCoy had 28 (1.75 per game) tackles all of last year...Suh had 44 (2.75 per game)....Geno Atkins had 20 (1.25 per game)....Poe had 38 (2.37 per game)....

All of them averaged under 3 tackles per game.....

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
The Broaddus bashing is getting bizarre. First his football knowledge. Now his iq and speech pattern. What's next.

His job currently is to communicate. He is in the media business. Speech is important when you get paid to talk.