Hayden calls out Broaddus on Twitter

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Todd Gurley would replace Murray in his sleep. Just had to make the move for him. At least make the attempt. He is a special player and the thought of him and Dez in the same offense is bad things man for the NFL.

He was hurt though. Team policy is to wait for the second round for that.

Besides, anyone can run behind this line.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Broaddus is a POS. I made a bet with him that if Johnny Manziel fell to us in the 2014 draft that we would skip over him. Bryan was so confident that we would grab Manziel at 18 that he accepted the bet, if we skipped Manziel he was supposed to send me an autographed cowboys hat signed by the players, and if I lost i was supposed to send him a cover from my command i was stationed at. Obviously he lost the bet, and I have sent him my address like 10 times to his personal email. He keeps saying okay every time I mention him on twitter, but I still haven't received that hat from a year and a half ago smh.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I'm glad Hayden is on twitter, dude is stealing a paycheck. We should all let him know ;) there's another guy on that roster who can improve that position. This is bs.

kazzd58

Reaction score
i like Broaddus he gives good detail to me, now of coarse from time to time he may be wrong but for the most part since ive been listening to him he hasn't been off all the time... guess you cant make everybody happy "shrugs"

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't get the Hayden bashing. The scheme that Marinelli runs is set up so that Hayden is the space eater nose tackle type. He is the one-technique that plugs the middle. His position will almost never get any glory by its very design. His job is to occupy the middle so that the running back has to flow to one of the playmakers in the defense. If Hayden starts getting big stats it means he has abandoned his primary responsibilities, left the middle of the defense exposed and the opposing team can simply run up the middle for 200 yards.

Tyronne Crawford's "three technique" position is the one that is supposed to penetrate and disrupt. If there is no pressure up the middle on passing downs then it is on Crawford.

They will eventually replace Nick Hayden, but that player in this scheme will almost certainly disappoint some people because it is not a stat generating position.

Last edited:

kazzd58

Reaction score
I don't get the Hayden bashing. The scheme that Marinelli runs is set up so that Hayden is the space eater nose tackle type. He is the three-technique that plugs the middle. His position will almost never get any glory by its very design. His job is to occupy the middle so that the running back has to flow to one of the playmakers in the defense. If Hayden starts getting big stats it means he has abandoned his primary responsibilities, left the middle of the defense exposed and the opposing team can simply run up the middle for 200 yards.

Tyronne Crawford's "one technique" position is the one that is supposed to penetrate and disrupt. If there is no pressure up the middle on passing downs then it is on Crawford.

They will eventually replace Nick Hayden, but that player in this scheme will almost certainly disappoint some people because it is not a stat generating position.

the other way around...... Ty's the 3 tech and Haydens the 1 tech

remdak

Reaction score
We sure have a bunch of guys that seem to worry about that "outside noise" that coaches preach against. Beasley, T Will, Dez, Hayden. They all seem to get bent out of shape about who is saying what on social media. What a soft bunch. They should worry about winning a damn game.

Boy, 2014 seems like eons ago.

Agree. If they can't handle public criticism, they are in the wrong profession.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I like Broaddus and am not down on the GC as some on here. But if he took that report and made BB eat I would more impressed with his killer instinct. Calling someone out on twitter? Ruthless bro. Hardy nearly bodyslammed a coach last week. This season is really getting me down.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Broaddus is a POS. I made a bet with him that if Johnny Manziel fell to us in the 2014 draft that we would skip over him. Bryan was so confident that we would grab Manziel at 18 that he accepted the bet, if we skipped Manziel he was supposed to send me an autographed cowboys hat signed by the players, and if I lost i was supposed to send him a cover from my command i was stationed at. Obviously he lost the bet, and I have sent him my address like 10 times to his personal email. He keeps saying okay every time I mention him on twitter, but I still haven't received that hat from a year and a half ago smh.

Form an online petition and I'll sign it.

robjay04

Reaction score
Silly to think we could've had a chance at Gurley. If he fell out of the top 15 or top 20, the Cowboys could've had a plan in place to make a move for him but he went in the top 10. The Cowboys would've likely had to give up multiple picks, possibly even this years first to move up that high. That is a lot to ask for a team that was in dire need of defensive talent. The Rams were questioned for taking him that high, I think everyone was shocked he didn't fall further.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Broaddus is a tool. I used to read his evaluations and when they didn't match what was happening on the field, I quit. There is a reason he is no longer a scout for the NFL. The real question is how in hell did he become one in the first place.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Silly to think we could've had a chance at Gurley. If he fell out of the top 15 or top 20, the Cowboys could've had a plan in place to make a move for him but he went in the top 10. The Cowboys would've likely had to give up multiple picks, possibly even this years first to move up that high. That is a lot to ask for a team that was in dire need of defensive talent. The Rams were questioned for taking him that high, I think everyone was shocked he didn't fall further.

No kidding.

I don't even know how he became the topic of conversation.

Sydla

Reaction score
same team that thought weeden was a capable backup and randle was a sufficient replacement for murray. i don't trust their ability to evaluate their in-house talent.

I was thinking the same thing. And it's been said that Hayden has long been a pet cat of Marinelli, so the sliding scale could be at work here.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't get the Hayden bashing. The scheme that Marinelli runs is set up so that Hayden is the space eater nose tackle type. He is the one-technique that plugs the middle. His position will almost never get any glory by its very design. His job is to occupy the middle so that the running back has to flow to one of the playmakers in the defense. If Hayden starts getting big stats it means he has abandoned his primary responsibilities, left the middle of the defense exposed and the opposing team can simply run up the middle for 200 yards.

Tyronne Crawford's "three technique" position is the one that is supposed to penetrate and disrupt. If there is no pressure up the middle on passing downs then it is on Crawford.

Well, and I don't know if this is actually the case, but some of the analysts have said Hayden isn't really eating space. And they've had numerous chances to replace Hayden and they don't. I think, unfortunately, Marinelli has some bizarre love affair with this guy. It's really not that uncommon.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Hayden gloating over 4 tackles and zero sacks. lol.

Not every player on the d-line can be a superstar. Hayden knows he falls way short of any kind of star designation.

I agree Hayden does what is expected of him. He is not very good at it -- more like a piñata waiting for the next blow -- but he gives it his all when he is out there. Well, at least most of the time, if you believe BB.