HE did it AGAIN!!!!

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
and yet even top QB's like Peyton have done it. What is not fair is the attacks on one of the better QB in the NFL by fans who have no clue. I find it funny you will say it is unfair yet continue playing sheep and following the mindset and it is a mindset. Stats actually back up Romo in 4th qrt play in comebacks but those are tossed to the side by his critics. Dallas is damn lucky to have a QB of Romo caliber and he is quite often asked to do more than many of the top QB's.

QBs are measured by how many championships they get........not how many yards they pass for.
If Peyton wouldn't have got a ring...there is no way he would be in conversation as he best ever......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
QBs are measured by how many championships they get........not how many yards they pass for.
If Peyton wouldn't have got a ring...there is no way he would be in conversation as he best ever......

By foolish people sure. however Teams are messured by how many championships they get since it is a team that wins championships not an individal. That mindset works if the individual is playing Tennis, Golf or Boxing but in the ultimate team sport and football is just that championships belong to teams.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
By foolish people sure. however Teams are messured by how many championships they get since it is a team that wins championships not an individal. That mindset works if the individual is playing Tennis, Golf or Boxing but in the ultimate team sport and football is just that championships belong to teams.

I agree. And I think. Most people do. But the QB position is different,.,,,,,,it just is,,,,

If romo doesn't win,.......he is another Danny white, not a staubach. I think he deserves to be right up here with staubach,,,,,,,,,trust me, I'm rooting for it,,,lim a "fanatic"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. And I think. Most people do. But the QB position is different,.,,,,,,it just is,,,,

If romo doesn't win,.......he is another Danny white, not a staubach. I think he deserves to be right up here with staubach,,,,,,,,,trust me, I'm rooting for it,,,lim a "fanatic"

No it is not, QB still depends on others to have success. His job comes with responsbilty but so much depends on others. WR has to run the right rout and make the catches, QB can't do that for him. OL has to hold up and give him time, QB can't block for himself. QB has no control over what his defense does. There is much a QB can do but so much more that is completely out of his control.

Willywonder1115

Reaction score
He did it again........i cant beleuve he threw that football....

He cost his teammates and this franchise ANOTHER chance at a big season changing game!!!!!

Apparently....he has problems learning to understand the basic principals of playing the QB position......

At big times in the game. With the game online. Bench him. Put in Orton....

Will never win a big game.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
No it is not, QB still depends on others to have success. His job comes with responsbilty but so much depends on others. WR has to run the right rout and make the catches, QB can't do that for him. OL has to hold up and give him time, QB can't block for himself. QB has no control over what his defense does. There is much a QB can do but so much more that is completely out of his control.

QB wins. Or loses........there is no other discussion.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo has won big games - but he has won very few important late season, or playoff games. There are a lot of reasons why, some of it Romos fault, some not - it is what it is. The bottom line is, when you have average players (overall), average head coaches and an average at best owner, one should not expect above average results on a regular basis - simply doesn't make sense, or work that way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo has won big games - but he has won very few important late season, or playoff games. There are a lot of reasons why, some of it Romos fault, some not - it is what it is. The bottom line is, when you have average players (overall), average head coaches and an average at best owner, one should not expect above average results on a regular basis - simply doesn't make sense, or work that way.

Exactly.

It couldn't be said better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Not that I'm saying your wrong or anything but I've seen plenty of people talk about Dan Marino as the best ever and last I checked he didn't win any rings.

I'm just saying.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Not that I'm saying your wrong or anything but I've seen plenty of people talk about Dan Marino as the best ever and last I checked he didn't win any rings.

I'm just saying.

True enough. He did get to a Super Bowl though. But Point taken. The reason he isn't mentioned more often is because he didnt. Give him a few Super Bowls and he is better the. Joe Montana....!!!

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I dont blame romo on this one,

Coaching coaching coaching.
unreal if you ask me.

I haven't seen this kind of incompetence Ina. Long long time.

I cant fathom, how this coaching staff , calls themselves ....coaches.......

slomoxn

Reaction score
Mike Greenberg or whatever of Mike and Mike said it best, Romo made the right decision to audible out of the run to that side. But great quarterbacks know how to assess the risk/reward of a situation and in this situation what he should have thought is what could happen if I throw the ball and it is intercepted at THIS point of the game. He could have just run the ball his self to keep the clock running.