Heard an interesting take on The Break

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
I believe it’s just Jerry and Stephen being crybabies and wanting to point the finger at anyone but themselves.

Every front office in the league operates under the same conditions.

I don’t want to hear any of Jerry and Stephen’s excuses. If it’s so tough they could…… oh I don’t know…… HIRE A GM TO RUN THE TEAM.

I listened to this episode of the Break too. They did a lot of work acting like apologists for the front office. And ya know, I get it. Jerry and Stephen do own the podcast and so I don’t blame the hosts for not wanting to go in on their bosses.

That being said, I’m just not interested in any excuses for Jerry and Stephen. The buck stops with them.

1942willys

Reaction score
I believe it’s just Jerry and Stephen being crybabies and wanting to point the finger at anyone but themselves.

I don’t want to hear any of Jerry and Stephen’s excuses. If it’s so tough they could…… oh I don’t know…… HIRE A GM TO RUN THE TEAM.

I listened to this episode of the Break too. They did a lot of work acting like apologists for the front office. And ya know, I get it. Jerry and Stephen do own the podcast and so I don’t blame the hosts for not wanting to go in on their bosses.

That being said, I’m just not interested in any excuses for Jerry and Stephen. The buck stops with them.
Absolutely; just more evidence of how pathetic the Jones boys are

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You don’t think the agent’s talk amongst themselves? You don’t think they set the contract parameters between them? They won’t even let the Jones talk to the players 1 on 1. The point is, it’s a 2 way street but haters like yourself can’t comprehend that obviously.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not sure that's anything new, of course. But sure, that's a completely legit explanation. Agents agreeing amongst themselves where each of their clients fit in the pecking order... and pegging salaries to that pecking order, and feeling as long as their colleagues hold out for those salaries, everyone at that position group benefits.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
They know we as a fanbase will inevitably blame the players for the cap situation and conduct business in a way to make the negotiations much harder than they should be

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You don’t think the agent’s talk amongst themselves? You don’t think they set the contract parameters between them? They won’t even let the Jones talk to the players 1 on 1. The point is, it’s a 2 way street but haters like yourself can’t comprehend that obviously.
It’s a violation of the CBA to talk “1 on 1” to players about compensation, if the player is represented by a NFLPA certified agent. The NFLPA negotiated that. Violating that will end up with the NFL in front of a Federal labor board. Fans can be that unintelligent. Owners cannot. It’s their money when they get sued by the NFLPA. Go buy another key chain in case Jerry goofs up. He’ll appreciate the additional income.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not sure that's anything new, of course. But sure, that's a completely legit explanation. Agents agreeing amongst themselves where each of their clients fit in the pecking order... and pegging salaries to that pecking order, and feeling as long as their colleagues hold out for those salaries, everyone at that position group benefits.
Never heard it talked about here. Surprise, surprise as that’s against the agenda of many.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it gets their clients more money, why wouldnt they.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well I am sure agents think Owners talk with each other and collude as well.

Bottom line is we have no back up plan. Niners have Deebo and are strongly considering drafting a WR in round one, because the don't have 7 holes in their roster. They are not going to let Aiyuk dictate to them.

That is how real GM's handle their business. If he wants to then hold out, they will be just fine.

If CD holds out, we are toast. Huge difference.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Do the owners not talk amongst themselves? I mean they literally have meetings so It’s no different. They even black ball players out of the leauge. So Stephen can suck it with that opinion of his
Not apples to apples. Owners have to abide by the salary cap for the entire team. The other side is supposed to be a free market, not collusion by the middle men.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s a violation of the CBA to talk “1 on 1” to players about compensation, if the player is represented by a NFLPA certified agent. The NFLPA negotiated that. Violating that will end up with the NFL in front of a Federal labor board. Fans can be that unintelligent. Owners cannot. It’s their money when they get sued by the NFLPA. Go buy another key chain in case Jerry goofs up. He’ll appreciate the additional income.
It’s not a violation if the agent’s agree to the 1:1. Again, agent interference.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do the owners not talk amongst themselves? I mean they literally have meetings so It’s no different. They even black ball players out of the leauge. So Stephen can suck it with that opinion of his
You’re trying to deflect. Typical.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, why doesn't the owner agree not to give a guy 15-20 million more every 4 to 5 years for doing their job? Did they improve by 20 million. "the owners are billionaires, they can afford to throw millions at them. They get money from jerseys sales" "Why is everything so expensive at the game" lmao..I don't know why kiddie gear gets more expensive and tickets. smh. "you just poor you can't afford the kiddie gear"