Heard an interesting take on The Break

HungryLion

Reaction score
You don’t think the agent’s talk amongst themselves? You don’t think they set the contract parameters between them? They won’t even let the Jones talk to the players 1 on 1. The point is, it’s a 2 way street but haters like yourself can’t comprehend that obviously.
Every single GM and front office in the league has to deal with it.

It’s no excuse for their failure.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Did you know that France left CAA for Athletes First in August 2020? Doesnt this give some context and possible contributory explanation as to why Dak didnt sign earlier (which is a frequently made accusation on here)?

That isnt a mitigating circumstance, as it would still fall on Jerry/Stephen to be aware of France potentially changing employer and pre-empt it......but it does give an invaluable insight into aspects, we as fans dont take into account.
None of this matters because none of it is an excuse.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If true ........ just shows that they are not fit for this business.

Sydla

Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
So only Cowboys’ players’ agents do this? Amazing how Philly just signed Smith and the Lions just got two guys signed yesterday.

The problem isn’t the agents. It’s the two GMs of the Cowboys, more specifically the younger one who is going to doom this franchise to mediocrity when he has full control.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You don’t think the agent’s talk amongst themselves? You don’t think they set the contract parameters between them? They won’t even let the Jones talk to the players 1 on 1. The point is, it’s a 2 way street but haters like yourself can’t comprehend that obviously.
So how do all of the other teams reach deals with players?

Sydla

Reaction score
Every team operates under these conditions. You don’t think agents for other teams players also talk amongst themselves?

lkelly

Reaction score
It's almost as if the Jones family, as well as some of the fans on this message board, are new to the sport of professional football. The latter I can somewhat understand.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Amazing how Philly just signed Smith and the Lions just got two guys signed yesterday.
Agents do not collude with one another unless Howie tells them they’re allowed to collude with one another. Fundamental difference

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I believe it’s just Jerry and Stephen being crybabies and wanting to point the finger at anyone but themselves.

Every front office in the league operates under the same conditions.

I don’t want to hear any of Jerry and Stephen’s excuses. If it’s so tough they could…… oh I don’t know…… HIRE A GM TO RUN THE TEAM.

I listened to this episode of the Break too. They did a lot of work acting like apologists for the front office. And ya know, I get it. Jerry and Stephen do own the podcast and so I don’t blame the hosts for not wanting to go in on their bosses.

That being said, I’m just not interested in any excuses for Jerry and Stephen. The buck stops with them.
HIRE.....A... REAL... GM...ALREADY!!!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Absolutely; just more evidence of how pathetic the Jones boys are
Not so much pathetic, as just in over their heads.
No way these 2 are qualified for their jobs.
We are getting lapped by other GMs.
We are at
a significant competitive Disadvantage with these 2 amateurs running the front office.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
If it's true about the agents colluding, it's not something that only affects the Cowboys. As long as it affects all teams equally, the Cowboys will not be disproportionally disadvantaged.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
So only Cowboys’ players’ agents do this? Amazing how Philly just signed Smith and the Lions just got two guys signed yesterday.

The problem isn’t the agents. It’s the two GMs of the Cowboys, more specifically the younger one who is going to doom this franchise to mediocrity when he has full control.
I can only imagine what it would be like to deal with a jerk like Stephen, how about you.