Heard an interesting take on The Break

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
Yes, some people have the tendency to point fingers at others when things dont go their way. Stephen for sure is one of those.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
After the last couple WR signings by Detroit and Philly CD is going to cost a bundle.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess since the agent for CeeDee is the same one for Jefferson, that is true. He must be talking to himself alright. I would not doubt that at all. Great insight. Dak is a different matter, i don't think they really know what to do with him....not yet anyway.
Maybe more leaves need to fall. The problem is this is springtime and they stopped falling.

kskboys

Reaction score
But that's stupid.

Because you don't go from one extreme (signing a couple guys for too much) to the other extreme (just lowballing guys left and right and eventually run off your good players).
And yet, that's exactly what we've done. Because we just don't get it.

kskboys

Reaction score
You have a weird understanding of what the term insult means.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe that's why he constantly insults people, doesn't really understand what an insult is?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Someone tell crybaby platinum spoon stephen that you can't be emotional in negotiations and business. As someone who negotiates for a living the fact he is complaining about it just shows how weak of a man he is.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And yet, that's exactly what we've done. Because we just don't get it.
I think it's one of their negotiating tactics, not a good one, if they can't get their number they take it public and try to paint the players as greedy and the "poor" owners can't build a team because of the cap. Yet, other teams manage to do it and when we did have the opportunity to spend in FA to improve the team, they still find excuses not to do it. Fans still fall for their ploy and blame the players when it's the Jones giving out these contracts, failing to secure the contracts to core players early that make it more team favorable and instead lock up the role players early.

The Jones, and many fans believe, that players should be willing to take less for the privilege to wear the "Star", we're too far removed from truly competing and winning Championships to have that type of arrogance. It's not the players and their contracts that get this team in "cap hell", it's the Jones and how they manage the team.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
who cares. the eagles show you can who you want

this is squarely an org issue

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's a known fact. All you have to do is look at the dak deal. Both sides had a deal in principal and his agent backed out 3 times and went higher after a great game by dak. The team said this and neither dak or his agent ever said those claims were false. So yes these agents are the ones screwing teams over. I think this is why Jerry has this stance on dak now. Idc care how much dak makes with another team he's not gonna make the same.money in endorsements once he leaves dallas if he does. These players just don't realize how good they got it financially to wear the star on their helmet. Aikman and Romo knew and look at them they're the top money making announcers in sports. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

kevm3

Reaction score
Who wants to take a discount for a guy who isn't making any effort to win a superbowl? The only reason to play for the cowboys is because you want to get a fat contract at a low accountability organization. Trying to make your best players 'prove it' when you have nobody to replace them isn't very smart. You're going to be forced to pay historically high contracts over and over again.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Well I am sure agents think Owners talk with each other and collude as well.

Bottom line is we have no back up plan. Niners have Deebo and are strongly considering drafting a WR in round one, because the don't have 7 holes in their roster. They are not going to let Aiyuk dictate to them.

That is how real GM's handle their business. If he wants to then hold out, they will be just fine.

If CD holds out, we are toast. Huge difference.
This. ALL this.
The owners and the NFL are the epitome of greed. Added games, Full price exhibition games, games in foreign countries. The list goes on.
It would be impossible for me to feel sorry for the Jones.

CD will be looking for north of 30M per, 100M guaranteed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Someone tell crybaby platinum spoon stephen that you can't be emotional in negotiations and business. As someone who negotiates for a living the fact he is complaining about it just shows how weak of a man he is.
Why don’t you tell him?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Who wants to take a discount for a guy who isn't making any effort to win a superbowl? The only reason to play for the cowboys is because you want to get a fat contract at a low accountability organization. Trying to make your best players 'prove it' when you have nobody to replace them isn't very smart. You're going to be forced to pay historically high contracts over and over again.
Every yr dallas is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. That's why media picks dallas at different parts of the yr as a super bowl contender.not fans, media does this. At some point you have to stop blaming Jerry and start blaming the players. 12-4 records tell you the teams good one of the best in the NFL. How come all of the sudden in the playoffs when PLAYERS don't get it done does Jerry get the blame? Those other 12 games were a fluke?

kskboys

Reaction score
Every yr dallas is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. That's why media picks dallas at different parts of the yr as a super bowl contender.not fans, media does this. At some point you have to stop blaming Jerry and start blaming the players. 12-4 records tell you the teams good one of the best in the NFL. How come all of the sudden in the playoffs when PLAYERS don't get it done does Jerry get the blame? Those other 12 games were a fluke?
Because we don't get it done in the playoffs due to weaknesses that should've been addressed in the offseason.

The D played hard the entire game vs GB. They simply got run over because we don't have enough size and toughness up front and at LB. That is squarely on Jerry.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
As I've said before I don't envy the Jones position, but it's the position they wanted. It's silly to think players and agents aren't going to do everything possible to maximize their earnings just like the owners want to maximize theirs. The players want market setting contracts and the Jones want team friendly deals, surely there is a middle ground somewhere, if not then they need to have the nerve to walk away, but you have to be able to build strategically to do this or be prepared to pay ridiculous contracts.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I believe it’s just Jerry and Stephen being crybabies and wanting to point the finger at anyone but themselves.

Every front office in the league operates under the same conditions.

I don’t want to hear any of Jerry and Stephen’s excuses. If it’s so tough they could…… oh I don’t know…… HIRE A GM TO RUN THE TEAM.

I listened to this episode of the Break too. They did a lot of work acting like apologists for the front office. And ya know, I get it. Jerry and Stephen do own the podcast and so I don’t blame the hosts for not wanting to go in on their bosses.

That being said, I’m just not interested in any excuses for Jerry and Stephen. The buck stops with them.

That's riiiiiight...billionaire crybabies. Look at Detroit, they hired a great GM in Brad Holmes and he has that team ROLLIN'. I live in Michigan so they've always been my 2nd favorite team but.....I'm so frustrated with the Jones pukes that maybe the Lions will supplant my Boys (Been a Dallas fan since 1978)