Heard an interesting take on The Break

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Naïveté. You didn’t consider the agents getting together and making sure no one signs below market value. Don’t think that doesn’t happen between them either.
Okay...thank you so much for this secret insider info.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a joke, right?

Of course agents talk. Sometimes, the agents work for the same firm, and talk! Crazy, right???? Oh and contract info is also released to the public, so they can even use that stuff too!!!

The funniest thing out here is the belief that somehow this only applies to the Cowboys and that no other team has to deal with the same stuff.

Here's the problem with the Cowboys and signing players. It's not the agents. It's not the players. It's not the lawyers. It's not the scouts. It's not the coaches. It's not the moon's gravitational pull. It's the two Jones dimwits. That's the problem.
Like i told him....secret stuff here! :laugh:

Of course people talk. I doubt they have to do underground knights of the roundtable to fleece jerry.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll be here buying gear and tickets and baggy butt gene jeans forever. I'm a real fan. I love me some Cowboys. "How about them Cowboys." yeah hi!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Agents openly cannot stand him and have called him anything from arrogant to incompetent.

He's not frustrated with them; he has no idea how to not get his behind handed to him in every encounter.
They’ve certainly hosed up recent negotiations to the extreme.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
SO basically they hate having no leverage

Havic

Reaction score
So much whining by the Jones boys. How about you trade these players for premium picks if you don't want to pay?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Where did I say I have insider info? I just raised it as a possibility that the agents are controlling salaries.
It’s not just a possibility, it’s a certainty. It’s literally their job to do everything they can to get their players as much money as possible.

It takes a skilled negotiator to push back against that while still building a championship caliber roster.

Stephen doesn’t have it. He’s in his position due to nepotism, not his worth or skill.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Both Broaddus and Patrik “No C” who stated after watching the presser, that Stephen is frustrated with the agents. Blame them for talking between each other to set contracts. It takes both sides to come to an agreement and the agent’s are colluding. Apparently there’s nothing wrong with that but it may explain why they haven’t gotten a deal done with Dak or Cee Dee. But recently they did reach an early deal with Diggs. So I believe this take has a lot of merit.
Oh for Pete’s sake

Does he know that they represent the players? Not the interest of the Dallas Cowboys or Jones family?

doomsday808

Reaction score
There seem to have been a lot of blaming and pointing fingers at the Press conf. Once again, not holding themselves accountable. Go out and negotiate!! At least, take a class on negotiating a contract.

irishline

Reaction score
Where did I say I have insider info? I just raised it as a possibility that the agents are controlling salaries.
Why is it that it only seems to be affecting one team, Dallas? Are the agents only controlling salaries for Cowboys' players?

Confused by this take. Could it be true? Sure. But other teams seem to be dealing with it and signing players. Why is Dallas different? I mean we know the real answer. And as the post above me so eloquently says, there is no accountability so just point a finger elsewhere instead of admitting what the real problem is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why is it that it only seems to be affecting one team, Dallas? Are the agents only controlling salaries for Cowboys' players?

Confused by this take. Could it be true? Sure. But other teams seem to be dealing with it and signing players. Why is Dallas different? I mean we know the real answer. And as the post above me so eloquently says, there is no accountability so just point a finger elsewhere instead of admitting what the real problem is.
Do you really have to ask?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So what if the top two players and their agents see Dallas as never going to do the right thing to get to the top? Therefore they play salary games forcing the Cowboys to trade them or outright release them at some point while Dak, and especially Cee Dee have maximum value.