Heard here today: Martin’s a has been and the Eagles are bad

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh the goal post moving never fails to amuse me.
We beat a wasn’t very good. It’s a division game so it’s a nice win. But the Eagles aren’t what people think they are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've learned this year to tune out the media (unless I'm trying to laugh at them) and just enjoy the ride.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our O-Line is playing better. Martin was hurt earlier in the season. And Steele wasn’t up to 100%. We played hard and win but also got 3 fumbles from them. And a kicker that scored big time for us. If he misses FGs or one of those long ones early and it swings the momentum of the game. Not saying we would have lost but would have been closer game. At the end of the day we won a hard fought game. I think egirls are going through a slump. And injuries are catching up. We have to run the gauntlet now with some tough games that will wear us down some..

silvernblu

Reaction score
Who cares what they did last year. They’re not a very good football team at all. They were exposed. They were blessed. Lucky even last season. People need to watch the games, and stop listening to the media. They always push up a team. It makes them go.
They aren’t as good as their 10-1 record showed, but they are a top tier team and Superbowl contender.

Trendnet

Reaction score
That was not spectacular win for us. Although I’ll take it obviously. But there are other teams. I’d rather beat like Buffalo Miami. Eagles are way overrated and not just because San Francisco beat them. Because they’ve been blasted all season from the football gods.
If the Cowboys beat Buffalo, I 100% guarantee you'll be here telling us the Cowboys only beat 1 team with a winning record and it wasn't that impressive cause the Eagles are bad. Or some such nonsense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nope....we have to ridicule others for using them for a personal agenda....then use them for our own personal agenda i.e. OP.

I suppose, but not to a point where it affects our psyche. We can't let them live in our minds rent free, if you get what I'm saying.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suppose, but not to a point where it affects our psyche. We can't let them live in our minds rent free, if you get what I'm saying.
Yes. I do and agree.

What i mean is that if someone say....quotes media that so n so sucks, others will ridicule it as stupid to listen to media. That same person will quote the same media if they say so n so is league mvp.
Im with you, its mild entertainment at best.

Sydla

Reaction score
1) Philly is good but they weren't as good as their 10-1 record indicated if you actually paid attention to the games they played. They got A LOT of fortunate bounces in some of their bigger games - us in Philly, Buffalo, KC - for example. They were taken to OT by the Commanders and easily could have lost both those games if the ball bounced the right way. The Pats had a chance to win at the end of their game. They've looked "great" in one game - Miami. When they were sitting at 10-1, they were more close to a 3-4 loss team than 1 loss team.

2) Martin is still one of the better OGs in football but he's probably not the same guy from say 3-4 years ago. Father Time never loses.

1942willys

Reaction score
1) Philly is good but they weren't as good as their 10-1 record indicated if you actually paid attention to the games they played. They got A LOT of fortunate bounces in some of their bigger games - us in Philly, Buffalo, KC - for example. They were taken to OT by the Commanders and easily could have lost both those games if the ball bounced the right way. The Pats had a chance to win at the end of their game. They've looked "great" in one game - Miami. When they were sitting at 10-1, they were more close to a 3-4 loss team than 1 loss team.

2) Martin is still one of the better OGs in football but he's probably not the same guy from say 3-4 years ago. Father Time never loses.
let martin get healthy and they we will see if he has really lost anything

as regards the Eagles what also helped them was that they did not make mistakes late in the game like we did in the first game and like a lot of teams do.
But they are certainly one of the top teams in the NFL; I disagree about them being like a 8-4 team. I would put them around fifth or sixth best.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. I do and agree.

What i mean is that if someone say....quotes media that so n so sucks, others will ridicule it as stupid to listen to media. That same person will quote the same media if they say so n so is league mvp.
Im with you, its mild entertainment at best.

Exactly, and it's put into existence by blowhards like Skip Bayless and SAS who don't know what they're talking about. There's a reason that Charles Barkley doesn't like Skip Bayless.

Sydla

Reaction score
let martin get healthy and they we will see if he has really lost anything

as regards the Eagles what also helped them was that they did not make mistakes late in the game like we did in the first game and like a lot of teams do.
But they are certainly one of the top teams in the NFL; I disagree about them being like a 8-4 team. I would put them around fifth or sixth best.
They've played 13 games. But even at 9-4, that would have them in the 5-8 range in most power rankings. Chiefs, Dolphins, Lions are all in that range.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We beat a wasn’t very good. It’s a division game so it’s a nice win. But the Eagles aren’t what people think they are.
In your opinion, since you’ve indicated beating the Eagles isn’t that significant, which of the other nine wins is significant? By NFL standards 10 wins at this point in the season means you’re a comparatively good team. Surely you can give credit to the Cowboys for a win or two.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In your opinion, since you’ve indicated beating the Eagles isn’t that significant, which of the other nine wins is significant? By NFL standards 10 wins at this point in the season means you’re a comparatively good team. Surely you can give credit to the Cowboys for a win or two.
Never said it wasn’t significant. Said it wasn’t that great of a team we played.