Heath and Angles

Gaede

Reaction score
If it's that obvious, who was expected to cover the slot WR?

Dude, the slot WR didn't score a 92 yd touchdown. The two guys who could've prevented it--Heath and Awuzie--didn't. That = their fault.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, the slot WR didn't score a 92 yd touchdown. The two guys who could've prevented it--Heath and Awuzie--didn't. That = their fault.
Maybe you should find a message board for this sport and go there...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thx @xwalker for the educational post.

I would like to say thanks to the people that took time to review the videos and give legit analytical input.

It's more interesting if some people analyze the video and disagree with my opinion.

I've often disagreed with guys like @FuzzyLumpkins and @buybuydandavis but I know they actually put some thought into their opinions which I respect.

Also shout out to @Blackthorn for his terrific input on the play. I was not focused on the slot WR issue until he pointed it out but other than Awuzie falling down, it was the key issue.

Also a shout out to these posters for their input.

@SeanLee50
@Zordon
@Creeper
@John813
@Chocolate Lab
@Kaiser
@DakPresgoat
@JustChip
@kskboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it intended to be 3 players with an 8 yard deep zone, two of them covering no one, leaving the entire back end to Heath no matter how many receivers went upfield beyond 8 yards?

It's a mess no matter how you slice it, whether scheme or play. Jaylon and Lewis contribute nothing to the defense on that play.

If that's what Marinellichard *intended* them to do, offenses will work on getting that *intention* out of them every play and run the slot receiver upfield or breaking out.

I don't believe the scheme can be that bad. If Lewis doesn't actually man up on the slot WR, then the slot guy goes up and out and we're just hosed no matter how deep Lews drops in his zone. Maybe this kind of thing is why Lewis doesn't get more play time.

I wish the NFL had a rule that each team is required to explain in detail 1 play each week.

I would love to have a definitive answer on who was expected to cover the slot WR.

There are so many simple things the NFL could do for fans...

Being required to post accurate weights for players would be another awesome thing for fans (how much does Zeke and weigh? Jaylon...).

On the subject, there are a few incredibly simple things they could do to improve the Game Pass (coaches film) program.
They have the awesome feature where you can click on the list of plays to jump to that play but if you keep that list open, you can only watch the video on about 1/4 of the computer screen. There is no method to un-dock the menu or resize it. Once you close it, then you have to scroll down and find it again.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would like to say thanks to the people that took time to review the videos and give legit analytical input.

It's more interesting if some people analyze the video and disagree with my opinion.

I've often disagreed with guys like @FuzzyLumpkins and @buybuydandavis but I know they actually put some thought into their opinions which I respect.

Also shout out to @Blackthorn for his terrific input on the play. I was not focused on the slot WR issue until he pointed it out but other than Awuzie falling down, it was the key issue.

@SeanLee50
@Zordon

@SeanLee50
@Zordon
@Creeper
@John813
@Chocolate Lab
@Kaiser
@DakPresgoat
@JustChip
@kskboys

@John813
@Chocolate Lab
@Kaiser
@DakPresgoat
@JustChip
@kskboys
I was more of an observer on this one, but thanks for the shout out. I found the analysis fascinating on all sides. Sometimes it's quite difficult to figure out which player was most at fault.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wish the NFL had a rule that each team is required to explain in detail 1 play each week.

I would love to have a definitive answer on who was expected to cover the slot WR.

There are so many simple things the NFL could do for fans...

Being required to post accurate weights for players would be another awesome thing for fans (how much does Zeke and weigh? Jaylon...).

On the subject, there are a few incredibly simple things they could do to improve the Game Pass (coaches film) program.
They have the awesome feature where you can click on the list of plays to jump to that play but if you keep that list open, you can only watch the video on about 1/4 of the computer screen. There is no method to un-dock the menu or resize it. Once you close it, then you have to scroll down and find it again.

No accurate weights is very annoying. Weigh ins for each game, like boxing, would be interesting for fans. Another thing for us to obsess about.

The basic fail on UI seems like the NFL. Just doesn't see the value of the internet. Team site and video software was a joke. Every player should be set up with his own web site. At least they're putting their team video on youtube now.

Do they let you search plays on Game Pass by criteria yet? All the targets of a WR? All the fumbles of a RB? Just link the plays in Pro Football Reference to the videos. Easy Peasy.

Last I used NFL Replay, I found it disappointing. Basic video control was lame. The UI problem you describe shows a lack of seriousness. Not even frame forward/backward. So lame.

The condensed games are a good feature. +1

They're not making the most of their huge catalog of games. They should be feeding fan obsession as much as fans will take, and all year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

@SeanLee50
@Zordon
@Creeper
@John813
@Chocolate Lab
@Kaiser
@DakPresgoat
@JustChip
@kskboys

Thanks to you for putting the work in to drive the discussion and make the analysis possible with videos, for this thread and others.

Though back to your comments on the lameness of the NFL on the internet, why don't they have easy links to plays to help grow fan interest and monetize it?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No accurate weights is very annoying. Weigh ins for each game, like boxing, would be interesting for fans. Another thing for us to obsess about.

The basic fail on UI seems like the NFL. Just doesn't see the value of the internet. Team site and video software was a joke. Every player should be set up with his own web site. At least they're putting their team video on youtube now.

Do they let you search plays on Game Pass by criteria yet? All the targets of a WR? All the fumbles of a RB? Just link the plays in Pro Football Reference to the videos. Easy Peasy.

Last I used NFL Replay, I found it disappointing. Basic video control was lame. The UI problem you describe shows a lack of seriousness. Not even frame forward/backward. So lame.

The condensed games are a good feature. +1

They're not making the most of their huge catalog of games. They should be feeding fan obsession as much as fans will take, and all year.

Game Pass had a search function in the past that would only show the types of plays you requested (run, pass, TD, etc) but it's gone now.

You can use the browsers find function to search for the word run or TD but it's easier to just scroll down through the plays for me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks to you for putting the work in to drive the discussion and make the analysis possible with videos, for this thread and others.

Though back to your comments on the lameness of the NFL on the internet, why don't they have easy links to plays to help grow fan interest and monetize it?

The NFL website has always been slower than almost any other website that I access.

It does seem better the past year or two, but in general most other sites are easier for finding stats, etc..

Game Pass does function a little differently on a tablet but I just access it on a Windows computer.

They do post highlights on the NFL website. I think they post them in pseudo real-time (i.e. Highlights while the game is in progress).

I can also access the NFL website and Game Pass on Roku. The highlights seem easier to find/access from there.

There is too much delay in fast-forward/rewind when accessing Game Pass from Roku unless you just want to watch a game without constantly re-watching plays.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So you believe jourdan lewis was supposed to be in man but played in zone? Everything you are pointing out about the coverage being trash sucked against what was called. But that isn't on the guys playing zone fault that Richard got torched on this playcall.

We're not told what defense was called. We can only infer what was called.
If the corners played man and Heath played zone over the top, that would be a totally normal defense on the backend, and consistent with Lewis following the slot guy pre snap.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Game Pass had a search function in the past that would only show the types of plays you requested (run, pass, TD, etc) but it's gone now.

You can use the browsers find function to search for the word run or TD but it's easier to just scroll down through the plays for me.

To me general searches across NFL history however you want to slice it is a big value add, and not simply in a game.

But I watch from a desktop connected to a big screen. Maybe they're optimizing for mobile and touch screens. Their web site looks like that.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We're not told what defense was called. We can only infer what was called.
If the corners played man and Heath played zone over the top, that would be a totally normal defense on the backend, and consistent with Lewis following the slot guy pre snap.
You do realize that some defenses are called with some of the field playing man and the rest playing zone. Just shows me you guys dont actually know what you are seeing on film. A suggestion would.be dont listen to xwalker his agendas are pretty clear

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You do realize that some defenses are called with some of the field playing man and the rest playing zone. Just shows me you guys dont actually know what you are seeing on film. A suggestion would.be dont listen to xwalker his agendas are pretty clear

You do realized that I *said* Heath was playing zone and the DBs were playing man. Just shows me you don't even read before you respond.

A suggestion would be to stop obsessing over xwalker and actually read before you criticize.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You do realized that I *said* Heath was playing zone and the DBs were playing man. Just shows me you don't even read before you respond.

A suggestion would be to stop obsessing over xwalker and actually read before you criticize.
Im reading you guys think JLew blew his coverage lol. Like I said keep jockin xwalker dude couldn't analyze my dumps

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me general searches across NFL history however you want to slice it is a big value add, and not simply in a game.

But I watch from a desktop connected to a big screen. Maybe they're optimizing for mobile and touch screens. Their web site looks like that.

Yes, part of what makes website development challenging is that it has to work on multiple devices.

Having said that, creating a better interface for Game Pass would not be that difficult technically.