Hellboy

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just saw the commercial for this, even though it comes to theaters April 12th. It looks like the actor playing him will be a little less campy than Ron Perlman, but if I'm just hearing about it for the first time less a month before it comes out, is it gonna be any good? Even in the ad it looks a bit cheesy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm going to have a hard time getting passed the fact it is not Perlman, but, it does look worth a watch. It's just going to be tough to adjust to a new actor.
Aesthetically, I think he looks better than Perlman. A bit more intimidating and less cartoonish.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Just saw the commercial for this, even though it comes to theaters April 12th. It looks like the actor playing him will be a little less campy than Ron Perlman, but if I'm just hearing about it for the first time less a month before it comes out, is it gonna be any good? Even in the ad it looks a bit cheesy.

"Cheesy is as Cheesy does" :lmao:

* I've one of those Hell boy flicks on DVD,,, now, his chopped & bobbed double bbl. Is lust worthy.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Those were some good books!
The old Hellboys were good also.

I'm surprised nobody has tried to tackle Cerebus the Aardvark yet, but that's a TON of source material to sift through.

I've not read them but jeebus I don't know where you'd start. There is definitely a lot there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Selma's gorgeous. I'm a fan. I'm a fan of her soul also.

Shoot, now I can't stop thinking about Cerebus the Aardvark...
It'd be dangerous.
Yeah, I especially like any gorgeous woman who can laugh at herself. Selma was awesome in The Sweetest Thing, as were Christina Applegate and Cameron Diaz. I'm really surprised that's not a better known movie. I think maybe guys see the title and assume it's a chick flick....but it's far from it. One of my top 20 funniest movies, I'd say.

cowboyec

Reaction score
LOVE Hellboy...some of my favorite graphic novels.
movies were great...always wished they'd do a third.
I'd rather they do an animated version than bring big red back with someone else playing him...but I'll watch it.
outside of Batman...Hellboy and Jonah Hex are my guys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
LOVE Hellboy...some of my favorite graphic novels.
movies were great...always wished they'd do a third.
I'd rather they do an animated version than bring big red back with someone else playing him...but I'll watch it.
outside of Batman...Hellboy and Jonah Hex are my guys.
There was really some good indy stuff going on back in those days.

cowboyec

Reaction score
There was really some good indy stuff going on back in those days.

have you read Dynamite's Lone Ranger stories?
they did a re-boot around the time of the disney movie...they are fantastic....way better than the disney film.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
have you read Dynamite's Lone Ranger stories?
they did a re-boot around the time of the disney movie...they are fantastic....way better than the disney film.
I think I know this. I'll look into it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man,y'all are talkin' about reading pulp fiction book series I've never ever heard of,,,now, I've read just about every Conan that HOWARD guy wrote, a doublefistful of tarzan's,,, but I enjoyed reading those Richard BLADE books about the best ( he was some kinda' like m I 5 agent that would get sent inter- dimensionally coming out on the other side ,to where nobody knew, slightly singed,smoking & totally nude,,,ya,needless to say he'd be getting into some pretty tight s*** real quick .