Twitter: Helman makes his case for Dak as 4th highest paid QB

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Lots of generalities in this post. I don't think it's called the NFL East Championship, I think it's the NFC East and I think it's the Division but I'm sure that you meant NFC. As for being some time since we won, that's not accurate either. We won the NFC East Division in 2016 and again in 2014, so basically, for the last several years, we have won the NFC East every couple of seasons. At what point do you stop taking "Baby Steps" and actually start running full speed? Content is a funny word. I actually don't believe in it. I am not content with just being OK in my own personal life and I'm not content with watching the Cowboys flounder, year after year. I want to see them live up to their history. That's a team that is committed to winning Championships.

So no, it doesn't fit my "druthers" and it shouldn't fit anybody's. Who is OK with contending for Championships year after year to going 24 years without even getting to a Conference Championship game. Basically, .500 football? Nope, not OK with it and I honestly don't see why any fan should be. Allow me to take the mystery out of this, I will not come to accept it. There is no "may" in this scenario.

A championship in the Eastern Division is better than what we've seen in some time. Sorry but I refuse to subscribe to the kind of fandom that you do. You are one among many of the Cowboys' fans that somehow seem to take some odd kind of strange pleasure in insisting upon being highly dissatisfied. But that's fine if that's what it takes to somehow foster your cause. Keep on being a discontented you and I'll be the happy-go-lucky, easy to please me that I prefer to be and let's see who enjoys their fandom the most. ;)

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't subscribe to the kind of fandom that you do. You are one among many of the Cowboys' fans that somehow seem to take some sort of unorthodox pleasure in being highly dissatisfied. But that's fine if that's what it takes to somehow foster your cause. Keep on being a discontented you and I'll be the happy-go-lucky me that I prefer to be and let's see who enjoys their fandom the most. ;)

Clearly, but I don't come in here and try to say suck it up because it's the going rate. Everybody has an opinion, I'm OK with it. I've made my position know and it's not, suck it up and deal with it because that's how it is. Things change because change is required and demanded. They don't stay the same because everybody should just, out of hand, accept mediocrity. That's not my rule, that's what life has taught me.

I don't have a cause, I don't operate that way. I stand for what I think and I don't pay much attention to people who label other people because they don't walk the same way as I might. I see you like that way but that's not me. Further, you won't be successful trying to paint me into that corner but you go ahead. You tell us all how it is what it is and we should just go along to get along. I wish you luck.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Clearly, but I don't come in here and try to say suck it up because it's the going rate. Everybody has an opinion, I'm OK with it. I've made my position know and it's not, suck it up and deal with it because that's how it is. Things change because change is required and demanded. They don't stay the same because everybody should just, out of hand, accept mediocrity. That's not my rule, that's what life has taught me.

I don't have a cause, I don't operate that way. I stand for what I think and I don't pay much attention to people who label other people because they don't walk the same way as I might. I see you like that way but that's not me. Further, you won't be successful trying to paint me into that corner but you go ahead. You tell us all how it is what it is and we should just go along to get along. I wish you luck.

I don't hold any grudges for your being entitled to your preferences and I'm hoping you don't either. I respect your right to feel as you see fit and I'm hoping you're not adverse to respecting me for the same privilege. Everyone has their ways of living their existence as they choose and I'm glad to have that privilege in my life without casting judgments on you or anyone else who see things differently than myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cowboys this year, despite the fact that they'll surely win some and lose some. If some remote semblance of glory happens to come their way, so much the better. I really hope you enjoy the upcoming season as much as their performance and their record allows. Keep doing your thing and be happy, OK?

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't hold any grudges for your being entitled to your preferences and I'm hoping you don't either. I respect your right to feel as you see fit and I'm hoping you're not adverse to respecting me for the same privilege. Everyone has their ways of living their existence as they choose and I'm glad to have that privilege in my life without casting judgments on you or anyone else who see things differently than myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cowboys this year, despite the fact that they'll surely win some and lose some. If some remote semblance of glory happens to come their way, so much the better. I really hope you enjoy the upcoming season as much as their performance and their record allows. Keep doing your thing and be happy, OK?

Fortunately, I am no longer a person who's life revolves around the Cowboys winning and losing. I will enjoy it for what it is. I hope we win, if we don't, then it will be, yet another brick in the Wall and another year added since 1995. I have 4 kids and not a one of them remember ever seeing the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. There is a window and I suspect that it's in the next few years or it will be some time before they have another opportunity. Those years, if they are unable to win, are going to be pretty tough on a kid like Dak. Would be a shame to watch that and I'll be honest, I don't look forward to it.

csirl

Reaction score
If the market says he is worth 30 million, then that means another team would be willing, and you could also get a few very good picks. When the market is inflated you milk what you can out of it and let others overpay.

Very good point. A $30m QB is worth at least two number 1 draft picks. If Dak is worth this, someone will trade for him. Two number ones would allow us to trade into the top end of the draft and get one of the top couple of QBs in it. At the moment QBs on their rookie deals are better VFM. The savings could be invested in a couple of big name FA signings.

If nobody is willing to part with two no. 1s then why pay Dak...........

Them

Reaction score
zFGqFkt.jpg

...there are QBs on this list who have done less than Dak in the last 3 seasons and still making good $$$.
There are some QBs that will be getting a new contract very soon ...If Dak gets the +- $30mil now, it
might be actually better than waiting till some of those other QBs get their contract $$$.