Twitter: Helman practice notes

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they are limiting it this year, as opposed to the norm. Because of lack of off season activities, meetings, OTA's, mini camps, no 1st year coach extra time.
So they are working on actual game type stuff. Things they normally would do closed to the media after they would break camp in Oxnard.

So they limit the pictures and videos during practice for them not to get out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ESPN could just send an intern to text Rap stuff he sees. They can impose that sort of thing on local reporters who want direct access, but someone like Rapaport or national guys aren't going to have the same restriction. Dalrymple will either have to amend the rule or the staff will come together and say no leaks specifically to Rap. Probably will break up the during-practice tweet restriction, seems archaic.
League rule, not Cowboys but you are correct.
It likely needs amending.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The problem is that sometimes coaches and front office staff often have their own connections to national media. The coaches could be asking for media to not live tweet and the PR director will enforce that. But nobody can enforce Jerry or Stephen texting someone (not saying that's the case here, but it does happen).
Which brings me to my second point, Kids....
Dont do crack.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Interesting that no one is allowed to tweet out details during practice and Rappaport who is notoriously wrong on a lot had this during practice. I saw clarence hill on twitter complaining about it and he has a point.

Lol! Fix this **** Rich!.......FYI Dez was right

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wonder how many reporters gave Jane Slater the side eye over it. Not that she was the one, it could have been someone who works for the Cowboys. But they are both nflnetwork.

coult44

Reaction score
Yeah, they're trying to do their jobs with one arm tied behind their backs. They're honoring the team's wishes, but NFL reporters aren't.

They need to plug the leak of whoever is sending the information to Rapoport.

It was probably Clarence trying to get in good with Rap

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Local media is so spoiled that they complain about having to access that comes with rules. Welcome to the real world.
I’m going to disagree. These rules are actually preventing a journalist from doing their job in a timely manner, which in today’s fast paced social media, not being able to cover things in real time is completely unfair to a local reporter.

Not allowing tweets until after practice is silly. A guy like Ian Rappaport of ESPN, who isn’t even at practices, gets “the scoop” over local Cowboys beat writers by getting a tip from someone in the organization, then tweets it out during oractice, circumventing the “rule”.

I will be surprised if this rule isn’t challenged or changed soon. I don’t always side with reporters, but this one I do. A rule that doesn’t allow them to do their job in a timely manner is silly.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No problem... don’t let the reporters in to watch practice, then they can tweet to their hearts content, any time of the day or night... though what they’d tweet that anyone would want to read, I’m not sure.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem... don’t let the reporters in to watch practice, then they can tweet to their hearts content, any time of the day or night... though what they’d tweet that anyone would want to read, I’m not sure.
That’s against NFL rules to keep reporters out of the process. The owners have always recognized they needed the press- especially local reporters to cover their teams. It’s always been a cornerstone of the league’s success.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well for 37 million a year vs what Dalton is getting paid we can let some things go.
Wasn’t let go the past four years when Dak was only making $4 million total, and he only made that much because of performance boosters. Glad to see Dalton gets a pass because he just getting paid a minimum of $3 million for one year.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Then how do you expect to get updates on what the team and how the players are doing?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
More concerned about Gerald than the reporters, any word on how he is doing or what the injury was?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Being first to report something on twitter, is not a big deal. Well maybe in their heads it is lol.
And this is all just practice, and early practice at that, so what players are doing now is not that important.
the only thing that was interesting was pollard seeing a lot of action. That means coaches are checking him out.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I get why it sucks but in reality the Cowboys could just block all media from viewing practice and then they'd really be complaining.

Also, does it really matter who reported McCoy's injury first? I never remember who broke a story, I just remember the actual story. LOL.
I really don't have much sympathy or respect for any and all media anymore. This includes sports media.