Helman: This is the most frustrated I’ve seen the Cowboys fanbase

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is all a setup to welcome Sean Payton after a 6-11 season.

And there will be many fans on here wishing for this to happen. Have a losing record, in hopes of MM being fired, and Payton getting hired. That is a big chance it happens.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a tough way to lose a home playoff game and now FA is in play and they’ve tagged a TE and the fans don’t chant “Schuuuuuuuuuullllllllttttttzzzzzz” when he makes a catch.

Don’t underestimate the contributing factor of the embarrassment of the Dalrymple situation exacerbating the fan malaise.

It is temporary and Booger knows it. When the season gets closer, the fans will get excited and start buying merch and tickets because that’s what they always do.

The majority of fans are just not willing to withhold money from Booger to send the message.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, I think so.

this is the most frustrated I can ever remember feeling.

it has even affected my excitement for the draft. Usually I am all in on draft coverage, the draft show podcast and the team podcasts discussing the upcoming draft.

I honestly have only listened to one or two since the season ended because I just don’t want to hear it right now.

I’ll still watch the draft. Hopefully I’ll get more excited as the draft itself gets closer. But right now I just feel….. meh.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was watching a draft chat with Helman and Cavanaugh last night, they both said this is the most frustrated they’ve seen Cowboys fans in their time covering the team. That something feels different about the mood of the fanbase right now. Do you agree?

After watching Jerry & Stephen play fantasy football for the last 25 years and win 3 measly playoff games, I can only wonder what took some folks so long?

I passed frustrated years ago. I'm already on to just laughing at the circus because nothing is going to change.

kskboys

Reaction score
After watching Jerry & Stephen play fantasy football for the last 25 years and win 3 measly playoff games, I can only wonder what took some folks so long?

I passed frustrated years ago. I'm already on to just laughing at the circus because nothing is going to change.
The 09 clusterfudge draft was the turning point for me.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Team culture is toxic. It’s been this way for decades. It’s not a new development, but the cheerleader voyeurism fiasco makes it undeniable in a way that can’t be whitewashed. Throw in the impending release of Amari Cooper, which is a terrible decision, and you start to wonder why we bother.

You wait months for football season only to watch a team that can’t win with or without talent.

Toxic? if thats so, why do legit stars say they love it in Dallas? Amari said he absolutely loves it in Dallas and wants to stay in Dallas. If it is so toxic, why is that? Guys are pigs, and guys know guys are pigs. You think a peeping Tom into the Cheerleaders locker room made anyone stand up and say thats it, I just cant handle this stuff anymore here in "Dysfunctional Dallas?"

fivetwos

Reaction score
I just wish that they would commit one way or the other. This latest is just another bandaid on a gaping wound.

So you’re going to cut your bad contracts? No problem. Do that. Cut Cooper AND Lawrence. But don’t turn around and use that newly found cap room to take a good TE. And that’s what Schultz is. A good TE. Not a franchise player. Not an $11 million player.

Don’t get out of one mistake only to jump into another. Don’t mortgage the future to continue to overpay your own good players as if they were great players. They’re not.
I couldn't agree more.

The Schultz thing tells me they aren't committed to fixing the run game. Ok fine, but then you cut Amari Cooper?

They seem to be middling two different situations.

In the end, it really isn't about winning it all and sacrificing a season or two to do so, but staying competitive enough every year to sell hope.

Meanwhile we have to compete against teams that understand that you may need to suck it up down the road to win now.

Perpetually stuck in 8 win ville is frustrating.

kskboys

Reaction score
Toxic? if thats so, why do legit stars say they love it in Dallas? Amari said he absolutely loves it in Dallas and wants to stay in Dallas. If it is so toxic, why is that? Guys are pigs, and guys know guys are pigs. You think a peeping Tom into the Cheerleaders locker room made anyone stand up and say thats it, I just cant handle this stuff anymore here in "Dysfunctional Dallas?"
Because they get paid, derdeedee!!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was watching a draft chat with Helman and Cavanaugh last night, they both said this is the most frustrated they’ve seen Cowboys fans in their time covering the team. That something feels different about the mood of the fanbase right now. Do you agree?
The fanbase is just a bunch of drama queens. I don't care how the fanbase is reacting in the moment. I know the FO is doing all they can to put together the best possible 2022 roster, as they see it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let me count the reasons:

1. We're paying a middle of the pack QB top 5 money and we're stuck for a few years.
2. We're overpaying a RB that is washed.
3. We have a head coach that is not good at his job and is just a place holder.
4. We are losing Cooper, our All-Pro punter, a break out WR, and who knows who else?
5. We used or franchise tag on a TE that can't block and is not good enough to earn whatever he makes from that tag.
6. We're probably going to sign Gregory to deal that he 100% does not deserve because "we like our guys".
7. We have an offensive coordinator that doesn't seem fit for his job.
8. We have an inept FO that has no clue how to build a winning team and it seems more so everyday that the team will be left into even worse hands when Jerry is no longer in charge.
9. Our priority signing seems to be focused on a WR that is coming off an ACL tear and won't even be ready for the start of the season.
10. Basically we are going to be a less talented, a year older, and another year of wear a tear version of last years disappointing team that couldn't compete anytime they faced a good team.

I'm sure I'm missing some things.

You overlooked the 20 years of nothing that preceded all of those things.

kskboys

Reaction score
The fanbase is just a bunch of drama queens. I don't care how the fanbase is reacting in the moment. I know the FO is doing all they can to put together the best possible 2022 roster, as they see it.
As incompetent bungling fools see it, 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think fans are frustrated because we know the Cowboys could free up over $50 million if they really wanted to keep Tank and Cooper. You have to question if they are all in on winning right now

I personally think Jerry is still ticked off about Cooper not getting vaccinated. The game vs Philly in 2019 when he wasn't even on the field on 4th down with a playoff birth on the line still sticks out in my mind as well.

I am waiting to see what they do with Kearse and see what happens at LB, LG and DE in free agency before I get ticked off, but it feels like they are going to cheap out in FA again and we are going to be back to a .500 team. Beating up on NFC East teams is fun, but rings kind of hollow in the end.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fans should get frustrated enough to leave that Cowboys stadium empty on game day. Fans need to stop buying Cowboys gear. Stop it all. Until these moronic owners wake up , or (God willing) sell the team.
this is what needs to happen. fans need to stop buying merchandise, stop going to games, start calling dallas area radio shows and complain. Jerry will then have a knee jerk reaction. fans control Jerry, but its hard for millions of fans to coordinate their efforts. all fans should wear a bag over their head next year at the stadium. I would stand outside and hand them out to everyone if need be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't agree more.

The Schultz thing tells me they aren't committed to fixing the run game. Ok fine, but then you cut Amari Cooper?

They seem to be middling two different situations.

In the end, it really isn't about winning it all and sacrificing a season or two to do so, but staying competitive enough every year to sell hope.

Meanwhile we have to compete against teams that understand that you may need to suck it up down the road to win now.

Perpetually stuck in 8 win ville is frustrating.

:hammer:

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Stephen thinks he has cracked the code with one year contracts while tightening up the purse strings. We advertise our players as gonna be released before they are. Come on Amari should have garnered at least something in a trade, anything. No imagination on team building through free agency. Also being cheap has been the latest incarnation of this teams dna, see above. Not identifying team weaknesses year after year and just getting by is old to this fan base. I like DQ but our run defense has been a donkey for years and years. Again not addressing what needs to be addressed in order to shore up that glaring weakness. Keeping players who can't play for other teams boils my butt. Not using the best players because of contracts of the few who get the most money. I can go on and on but I will stop here.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Stars who love playing for the Cowboys and a toxic atmosphere in Dallas are not mutually exclusive. And please don’t use the “boys will be boys” excuse.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
26 years of setting up the latest pipe dream of a portion of the fan base? Okay.

I'm sure Sean Payton is counting the days until he can join Jerry's circus. :muttley:

preview.jpg

“He’s not coming back. “