Helman: This is the most frustrated I’ve seen the Cowboys fanbase

Mannix

Reaction score
I just wish that they would commit one way or the other. This latest is just another bandaid on a gaping wound.

So you’re going to cut your bad contracts? No problem. Do that. Cut Cooper AND Lawrence. But don’t turn around and use that newly found cap room to take a good TE. And that’s what Schultz is. A good TE. Not a franchise player. Not an $11 million player.

Don’t get out of one mistake only to jump into another. Don’t mortgage the future to continue to overpay your own good players as if they were great players. They’re not.
And Schultz isn't even a TE....he's a TW (Tweener)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
People are tired of this poop show ....... I just hope the fan base boos the Jones out of the building every time they show their faces.

Only way you will ever get different results from that moron is to hurt his ego.
Yup, I brought this up in another thread several months ago. People are tired of it and are continually complaining about it, but when is the fan base going to start showing it? Remember when Lions fans were wearing paper bags over their heads in the stands? When do Dallas fans start doing that? When do they start pushing back on the Jones' boys and stop rolling over for them season after season?

I say that not directed at any one particular fan, but all of us as a whole.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is it so hard for you to believe I'm in lockstep with the Jones boys and how they operate this team. When they make money with this franchise, I make money with my PSL increasing in value. When you agree with Pappy and adopt his tactic to ridicule and bully, it's wasted on me. I'm steadfast in having faith in the FO. If you don't like it then so what!
You’re definitely in the minority.So, your interests are purely monetary?Gotta make a living.But for us diehard,passionate fans who don’t have a monetary stake in this team, it’s different.We actually care about winning.

basel90

Reaction score
I was watching a draft chat with Helman and Cavanaugh last night, they both said this is the most frustrated they’ve seen Cowboys fans in their time covering the team. That something feels different about the mood of the fanbase right now. Do you agree?
agree. Jerry is in another failed cycle of mistakes and expensive contracts ( zeke, dak, Dlaw etc) and the results have not changed , and now he has to sacrifice some decent players to keep his bad expensive stars , which ensures mediocrity. The fan base sees we are stuck in this current cycle of talent (or lack of ) for 3-4 years especially at QB and DL OL and RB. A new rebuild will start once Dak contract winds down in 3-4 years and a new shining star emerges for Jerry .

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
But is it Payton's pipe dream?

I do not know. But I think it just might. There were rumors him throwing a remote control into some pillows after he heard that McCarthy got the job.

Plankton

Reaction score
I certainly agree. How can we not be? They wasted a golden opportunity this past season. And now they have to gut the team because of poor cap management.

Who wouldn’t be frustrated?

pg-20-Jerry-Jones-Gene-Stephen-Charlotte-Jerry-Jr.ashx

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Stars who love playing for the Cowboys and a toxic atmosphere in Dallas are not mutually exclusive. And please don’t use the “boys will be boys” excuse.
excuse? whos making an excuse. Im just saying that the fact one individual is an idiot doesnt mean that is going to impact someone's opinion on where they work.

If you work for a company and really like where you work and a coworker gets busted selling drugs out of the place you work, would that all of the sudden make you hate where you work?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it so hard for you to believe I'm in lockstep with the Jones boys and how they operate this team. When they make money with this franchise, I make money with my PSL increasing in value. When you agree with Pappy and adopt his tactic to ridicule and bully, it's wasted on me. I'm steadfast in having faith in the FO. If you don't like it then so what!

Dang Pappy, Pappy, Pappy, and more Pappy.
I have never adopted your policy of insulative behavior here in our lovely forums.
Pappy love him or hate him as you will always get the essence of reality.....not fantasy.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'm on the fence. I saw last year as a SB or bust season knowing that a lot of players were not going to be coming back. Our salary cap is/was a mess due to overpaid players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. I saw last year as a SB or bust season knowing that a lot of players were not going to be coming back. Our salary cap is/was a mess due to overpaid players.
actually, after 2020, I thought it was going to be a 2 year process. obviously I changed my mind half way through the season. I expected at least they would have a 2-3 year plan, but I am surprised how its falling apart after one year and we are actually looking like taking a step back. in the meantime, the eagles as much as I hate them have 3 first round draft picks, 5 in the first 100. have 20M in cap space to start and they were 9-7 with Jalen Hurts and they can really do some damage this off season and take over the division if they show slightest competence more than Jerry and Stephen.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was watching a draft chat with Helman and Cavanaugh last night, they both said this is the most frustrated they’ve seen Cowboys fans in their time covering the team. That something feels different about the mood of the fanbase right now. Do you agree?
The numbness and apathy are overwhelming.....
Its become painfully obvious that as long as the Jones control the front office this team is doing squat.
They are just in over their heads..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Team culture is toxic. It’s been this way for decades. It’s not a new development, but the cheerleader voyeurism fiasco makes it undeniable in a way that can’t be whitewashed. Throw in the impending release of Amari Cooper, which is a terrible decision, and you start to wonder why we bother.

You wait months for football season only to watch a team that can’t win with or without talent.
It's the Cowboys way now...

ICP

Reaction score
I would hope so, it's long overdue that the fanbase start hitting Jerruh in the pocketbook and let it be known how they feel.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Most of us on this forum and a lot of Cowboy fans are really displeased with Jones & Son. We are all about winning football on the playing field. I would rather still be watching games in the old Cotton Bowl rather than at the fancy ATT if the team was winning or if I thought the team was even headed in the right direction.

But there is a large...very large...minority of folks around the team that are still Jones lovers and all in as things are currently. A lot of vendors and suppliers are dependent on Cowboy business. And then there is the "fine arts" and "chairty" folks that just love Mrs Jones and Charlotte and the work they do. A small percentage of people think Jones & Son are just enough of celebs to be impressed and pleased to be around them. Then there is a group of fans that would be all in for the Cowboys even if they never won another game. Some of those Kool-Aid drinkers even post here on the forum. So, bottom line, I think a majority of we fans are very frustrated and feel hopeless currently. But Jones & Son have enough support and friends and the like to carry them on as is.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We have nothing going for us, going forward.

The QB sucks

The GM sucks

They are getting rid of a fan favorite without getting compensation in return

We got embarrassed by a top-5 rival of ours in our home stadium after a 12-5 season. The only home team to lose in WC weekend

We arent going to do anything noteworthy in free agency

It really sucks to be a fan of this team because the main problem (Jerry and his son) arent going anywhere. Getting rid of Amari is a clear example of a GM that has no urgency with his job status. No one that has failed as long as he has is making the offense worse when they are supposed to be “contending”

Zordon

Reaction score
People are tired of this poop show ....... I just hope the fan base boos the Jones out of the building every time they show their faces.

Only way you will ever get different results from that moron is to hurt his ego.
Like @Risen Star always says, no matter what this FO does the zombies in our fanbase will be cheering his name at training camp like they always do.

visionary

Reaction score
:laugh:I said this two months ago. The collective fanbase are tired of what they are selling. You could see it on the faces in the stadium in the playoff loss. They will find it difficult to sell anything this off-season.

i don’t agree
This fan base is stupid
Just read homer comments on CZ