Twitter: Helman: "To me, it looks like they’re setting Dak up to be a scapegoat."

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

The thing about top paid QBs and why Dak's situation is different is that he is in the middle of a shorter deal. The exception to this is Stafford, but the Rams cap management has been absolutely next level good and aggressive. Guys like Murray/Watson just signed and their teams wont see the major cap ramifications until future years. Mahomes signed a 10 year deal which gives KC a ton of flexibility to manipulate the cap number. Just looking at AAV is a waste of time. The Cowboys pushed a lot of Daks cap number into future years already and have another massive number to deal with next season.

Jerry/Stephen misplayed the Dak contract in the worst way. Should have resigned him sooner, or asked for a longer deal. Dak got paid and set himself up for another massive check for his age 32 season. There is just zero benefit to the Cowboys with this deal. Love Dak the player, hate Dak the contract.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don’t get this. Really don’t, if your a franchise QB you don’t need perfection to succeed. You also can’t have nothing not to act like he needs a perfect line, a perfect set of 3-4 WRs and perfect run game. Can’t do it when your salary is taking a large chunk. Be the franchise guy! Just confuses me. What do you want?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The thing about top paid QBs and why Dak's situation is different is that he is in the middle of a shorter deal. The exception to this is Stafford, but the Rams cap management has been absolutely next level good and aggressive. Guys like Murray/Watson just signed and their teams wont see the major cap ramifications until future years. Mahomes signed a 10 year deal which gives KC a ton of flexibility to manipulate the cap number. Just looking at AAV is a waste of time. The Cowboys pushed a lot of Daks cap number into future years already and have another massive number to deal with next season.

Jerry/Stephen misplayed the Dak contract in the worst way. Should have resigned him sooner, or asked for a longer deal. Dak got paid and set himself up for another massive check for his age 32 season. There is just zero benefit to the Cowboys with this deal. Love Dak the player, hate Dak the contract.
:hammer::hammer:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I said it first concerning the Jones boys setting up Dak for failure this coming season.
Seems Mr.Helman agrees....

I think this is fine.
Prove you are a QB who can win without all cap resources into the O, or find your next monster contract somewhere else.

I'm rooting for him, but the reality of putting together a football team entails how you allocate resources.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t get this. Really don’t, if your a franchise QB you don’t need perfection to succeed. You also can’t have nothing not to act like he needs a perfect line, a perfect set of 3-4 WRs and perfect run game. Can’t do it when your salary is taking a large chunk. Be the franchise guy! Just confuses me. What do you want?
Mahomes is getting EVERYTHING: Oline, WRs, TE and RBs.

Why aren't you Dak bashers not complaining about Mahomes and his huge contract?

rags747

Reaction score
Bull, Jerry loves Dak. All Dak has ever done is represent the franchise. Is he the best qb, who knows but Dak has always been red white and blue with Jerry Jones and that goes a long long way with Jerry.

RS12

Reaction score
You are kidding, right? Nobody wants Dak to fail, unfortunately he seems to far too often. This is a big year for him. As far as Mahomes goes, two SB appearances one win, numerous playoff successes. Arent you the same guy that humiliated himself by asking what Aaron Rodgers had accomplished?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are kidding, right? Nobody wants Dak to fail, unfortunately he seems to far too often. This is a big year for him. As far as Mahomes goes, two SB appearances one win, numerous playoff successes. Arent you the same guy that humiliated himself by asking what Aaron Rodgers had accomplished?
I haven't brought up Rodgers. Must be someone else.

But you guys are absolute hypocrites. You praise Mahomes and his huge contract while he gets surrounded with a very good Oline, good WRs, good TE and good RBs, while you bash Dak for not having any of those weapons that Mahomes is surrounded with.

That's why I say, quit messing around. If you're going to be hypocrites against your own QB and team, go follow another QB and team instead. Nothing worse in this world than backstabbing, cutthroat hypocrites who supposedly call themselves fans.

RS12

Reaction score
It really is amazing that the Jones boys haven't won more than 3 playoff games in 26 years. They always seem to have a well-thought plan. :muttley:

Actually with their football acumen its amazing they won three playoff games since neither knows their rear end from their elbow when it comes to football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s only one excuse we need . The same one who fired our back to back SB HC. The one constant the last 27 years .

But it makes no sense to set Dak up as a scapegoat. Mikey will be more of the scapegoat if needed .

I’d argue it’s setting up for Dak to be our hero if our OL tanks, our receivers are undermanned and Zeke still struggles . Only one man left to lead this offense . Just in time for him to renegotiate his contract next year. Lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I said it first concerning the Jones boys setting up Dak for failure this coming season.
Seems Mr.Helman agrees....

Riduculous quote by the "expert."
Jerry loves Dak. Dak loves his salary.
Jerry is NOT going to admit defeat on the Dak-Zeke experiment!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Mahomes is getting EVERYTHING: Oline, WRs, TE and RBs.

I’m not sure where you get the idea I’m a Dak basher. I’m pretty fair with him. I’m an Independent vs a hater/lover. He does a lot of great things but has faults people should acknowledge. I just hear that he’s a top 10 franchise guy so why make excuses. Mahomes ran for his life a couple of years. They also have used a heavy does of RBBC. They just lost their top WR so we will see. I just don’t think with the cap you can have this perfect roster. So guys need to step up. Btw I was going to message you earlier but guess I’m
On your persona non grata list :)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There’s only one excuse we need . The same one who fired our back to back SB HC. The one constant the last 27 years .

But it makes no sense to set Dak up as a scapegoat. Mikey will be more of the scapegoat if needed .

I’d argue it’s setting up for Dak to be our hero if our OL tanks, our receivers are undermanned and Zeke still struggles . Only one man left to lead this offense . Just in time for him to renegotiate his contract next year. Lol
This is going to be a very interesting season, for sure.
So many dynamics.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is our only hope this year to remain competitive if our OL stink, if we’ve under estimated our receivers and Elliott is washed up.