Twitter: Helman's nugget on Zeke

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think we win without Zeke

Just my opinion
win yes 8-8 we are better period with zeke , how much is debatable but noone has saw any of these young backs in real live games let alone a game where they are counted on an defenses change the way they play Dak because Zekes athreat in blocking, catching, and for sure the best runner on the team.. they will cheat toward covering TEs and WRs when zekes not in and then will dak and this group grow up?in game that actually counts without zeke?not the game 16 week 17 throwaway game :)

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Sydla

Reaction score
You can't compare other players. Position to position maybe.

RB's have 5 - 7 years. Can be cut any time. You have to get what you're worth.

Dak doesn't have the same shelf life. Cooper doesn't either. They have longer delta to get paid.

You don't understand the dynamics so your point is moot.

I understand the dynamics. I just don’t make outrageous claims that we’d all do the same thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
I can read.

432 NFL Players make more $$$ than Zeke.

It isn't difficult to see why Zeke is a no show for camp.

The best RB in the NFL is not being paid market value.

He's ranked 433rd.

You might be able to read but you don’t understand or comprehend what you are reading.

kapolani

Reaction score
I understand the dynamics. I just don’t make outrageous claims that we’d all do the same thing.

Well, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't negotiate what you're worth. Especially given the short lifespan of the position.

Rookie contracts are capped. 5 year rookie contract with a 5 ~ 7 year lifespan.

You have to maximize your worth.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I wonder how vets feel seeing Zeke hold out with 2 years left on a rookie deal, after he got a check that was more than the salary of ANY vet at his position, before he even sobered up from his Ohio State summer kegger.

This ain't the Steelers.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't negotiate what you're worth. Especially given the short lifespan of the position.

Rookie contracts are capped. 5 year rookie contract with a 5 ~ 7 year lifespan.

You have to maximize your worth.

That’s how contracts work. At some point, a few years after you sign your deal you will inevitably be making less than someone else.

What should Zeke do? Hold out every time some TB ends up making more than him?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
His nugget is that fans are very flippant and like to swing far to extremes at the drop of a hat.

While that may be true for some, some of us were already thinking of trading Zeke well before his holdout.

Never was a fan of drafting him so high with the character issues from college but tolerated it because he was so good.

Hopefully we can find a team to move him out, but no team is going to give him more than Gurley deal.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I can read.

432 NFL Players make more $$$ than Zeke.

It isn't difficult to see why Zeke is a no show for camp.

The best RB in the NFL is not being paid market value.

He's ranked 433rd.
You might be able to read but you don’t understand or comprehend what you are reading.

Are you calling me stupid?

If you have a problem with the numbers, Spotrac has a helpdesk. I'm sure they would be glad to hear from a fan who just doesnt agree with the numbers they are posting on their website. Let them know man.

I mean, lets just ignore it if you dont want to call them.

Zeke isnt getting paid. 432 NFL players make more than Zeke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
His nugget is that fans are very flippant and like to swing far to extremes at the drop of a hat.

While that may be true for some, some of us were already thinking of trading Zeke well before his holdout.

Never was a fan of drafting him so high with the character issues from college but tolerated it because he was so good.

Hopefully we can find a team to move him out, but no team is going to give him more than Gurley deal.

Totally disagree with just about everything you posted.

Zeke needs to be paid elite RB $$$.

LBell and TGurley are getting their cash.

Its about time Zeke got his.

BTW, 432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke. See Spotrac if you dont believe it.

kapolani

Reaction score
That’s how contracts work. At some point, a few years after you sign your deal you will inevitably be making less than someone else.

What should Zeke do? Hold out every time some TB ends up making more than him?

Rookie contracts are artificially suppressed. It's designed such that the veterans get paid.

RB's don't have the same lifespan as others as I stated above.

With all the above factors it is the logical solution to look to negotiate a new contract.

Would you agree that he outplayed his current rookie contract?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rookie contracts are artificially suppressed. It's designed such that the veterans get paid.

RB's don't have the same lifespan as others as I stated above.

With all the above factors it is the logical solution to look to negotiate a new contract.

Would you agree that he outplayed his current rookie contract?

Agree.

The moment Zeke's agent called him and told him Adam Vinatieri was making more $$$, it was hold out time.

When a 46 year old kicker has more bank, then something is wrong.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Totally disagree with just about everything you posted.

Zeke needs to be paid elite RB $$$.

LBell and TGurley are getting their cash.

Its about time Zeke got his.

BTW, 432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke. See Spotrac if you dont believe it.
I've read your 40 something other posts on this subject and am well aware of your opinions.