Help Blackout the Commanders

SweetDC

Reaction score
bbgun;2521895 said:
No problem. Baltimore is airing the game, so I'm covered.
Which Baltimore station is airing the Cowboys game? WBFF Fox-45 still has the Commanders game listed at 4:15pm. No word yet on the 506 Broadcast website.

I am hoping you are right otherwise I will be scouring the internet for the game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SweetDC;2521973 said:
Which Baltimore station is airing the Cowboys game? WBFF Fox-45 still has the Commanders game listed at 4:15pm. No word yet on the 506 Broadcast website.

I am hoping you are right otherwise I will be scouring the internet for the game.

Somebody in this thread mentioned it. I hope he's right.

http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1230066468

SweetDC

Reaction score
bbgun;2521987 said:
Somebody in this thread mentioned it. I hope he's right.

http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1230066468
I saw that thread but no one mentions that Baltimore will get the Cowboys game. They are talking about which markets will get doubleheaders on both FOX and CBS stations due to the NFL suspending the TV rules for this week.

Oh dash, as it stands now WBFF is going with the Commanders game. Unless WBFF changes its mind, it looks like its the internet or sports bar for us.:( Yet another reason to hate the Commanders (as if I needed anymore).

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SweetDC;2522007 said:
I saw that thread but no one mentions that Baltimore will get the Cowboys game. They are talking about which markets will get doubleheaders on both FOX and CBS stations due to the NFL suspending the TV rules for this week.

Oh dash, as it stands now WBFF is going with the Commanders game. Unless WBFF changes its mind, it looks like its the internet or sports bar for us.:( Yet another reason to hate the Commanders (as if I needed anymore).

The guy at reply #7 says Baltimore got permission to air the Dallas game. No way they pick the Skins over the Dallas game.

SweetDC

Reaction score
bbgun;2522013 said:
The guy at reply #7 says Baltimore got permission to air the Dallas game. No way they pick the Skins over the Dallas game.
He was referring to last year during Week 17 games. Baltimore and DC were allowed to show Cowboys @ Commanders on FOX at the same time CBS showed Steelers @ Ravens, contrary to general market rules that stipulate that no game can be shown at the same time on one network against the local team's home game on the other network.

This year it is a bit different. It's more than a home team issue, Baltimore would be cutting out the secondary market game completely if it showed the Cowboys game instead of the Commanders since they are both on FOX. I think the NFL's secondary market rules may trump common sense and human decency and force Baltimore to air the meaningless upchuck Commanders game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SweetDC;2522117 said:
He was referring to last year during Week 17 games. Baltimore and DC were allowed to show Cowboys @ Commanders on FOX at the same time CBS showed Steelers @ Ravens, contrary to general market rules that stipulate that no game can be shown at the same time on one network against the local team's home game on the other network.

This year it is a bit different. It's more than a home team issue, Baltimore would be cutting out the secondary market game completely if it showed the Cowboys game instead of the Commanders since they are both on FOX. I think the NFL's secondary market rules may trump common sense and human decency and force Baltimore to air the meaningless upchuck Commanders game.

Crap, I totally misread that guy's post. Guess I was eager to see what I wanted to see. Baltimore cringes at the notion that they're part of the Skins' market, so we'll see what happens.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2522013 said:

hope Baltimore means Annapolis gets the game too

or I'll be really pissed

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2522263 said:
hope Baltimore means Annapolis gets the game too

or I'll be really pissed

Confirmed: WBFF in Baltimore is definitely carrying the game, so we're in luck.

links18

Reaction score
bbgun;2523111 said:
Confirmed: WBFF in Baltimore is definitely carrying the game, so we're in luck.

Where is the line in Maryland that divides Skins' territory from Raven's territory? Laurel? :confused:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2523122 said:
Where is the line in Maryland that divides Skins' territory from Raven's territory? Laurel? :confused:

Nor sure. The Baltimore area on this map is grey, which is why I had to go the station's website for a definitive answer.

http://img340.*************/img340/3660/fttrrrwm8.jpg

P.S. Hos gets screwed again.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Update: we're screwed. They won't be broadcasting any late games (not even the Skins). Sitcom reruns, instead. I cannot believe the NFL didn't grant them a WeeK 17 waiver to show the game.

DTK

Reaction score
bbgun;2524491 said:
Update: we're screwed. They won't be broadcasting any late games (not even the Skins). Sitcom reruns, instead. I cannot believe the NFL didn't grant them a WeeK 17 waiver to show the game.
I remember when I use to be in the same boat as a lot of you guys. Then I bought the Ticket on DirecTV and presto, no more worries. Worth every cent.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WG5516;2524502 said:
WOW are u serious?

Afraid so. Baltimore Sun lists no game in that timeslot, and WBFF's website says reruns of That 70s Show. Grrr.