Help Blackout the Commanders

links18

Reaction score
bbgun;2524516 said:
Afraid so. Baltimore Sun lists no game in that timeslot, and WBFF's website says reruns of That 70s Show. Grrr.

How can you be upset about having to watch Hyde, Kelso, Eric, Jackie, Donna, Fez and the rest of the gang? :lmao2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2524572 said:
How can you be upset about having to watch Hyde, Kelso, Eric, Jackie, Donna, Fez and the rest of the gang? :lmao2:

Don't forget Eric's hot sister.

SweetDC

Reaction score
bbgun;2524491 said:
Update: we're screwed. They won't be broadcasting any late games (not even the Skins). Sitcom reruns, instead. I cannot believe the NFL didn't grant them a WeeK 17 waiver to show the game.
:cry2: The inhumanity of Baltimore getting our hopes up only to dash them against the rocks. It's back to watching the game on the computer for me then. No doubt that scrooge NFL will try to shut down as many internet broadcasts as it can find.

SweetDC

Reaction score
vicjagger;2524606 said:
I don't know how many times I've heard a crybaby Commanders fan complain about being forced to watch a Ravens game on TV instead of a more desirable game (in their opinion) due to secondary market rules. Now when its their team that is the pathetic undesirable game they scream foul when the station hints at not wanting to air it.

Moreover, a fan should be a fan of their team first, but then a fan of the sport second. If your team is out, and the game is against a more worthless team than your own, they should want to watch instead a more competitive match-up that has playoff implications. I guess their hatred of Dallas (not wanting to see us win and make the playoffs) overrides reason.

Well let those fools what a dud of a game instead. If they would rather bore themselves to death on Sunday then more power to 'em. Personally, I would have to be blind, drunk and crazy to willingly sit down with a tub of popcorn to watch that game over the Dallas game.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
SweetDC;2525403 said:
I don't know how many times I've heard a crybaby Commanders fan complain about being forced to watch a Ravens game on TV instead of a more desirable game (in their opinion) due to secondary market rules. Now when its their team that is the pathetic undesirable game they scream foul when the station hints at not wanting to air it.

Moreover, a fan should be a fan of their team first, but then a fan of the sport second. If your team is out, and the game is against a more worthless team than your own, they should want to watch instead a more competitive match-up that has playoff implications. I guess their hatred of Dallas (not wanting to see us win and make the playoffs) overrides reason.

Well let those fools what a dud of a game instead. If they would rather bore themselves to death on Sunday then more power to 'em. Personally, I would have to be blind, drunk and crazy to willingly sit down with a tub of popcorn to watch that game over the Dallas game.
So if your team was playing in a less than desirable game, you'd rather watch a better game? Would you still say this if you had players on the verge of achieving personal bests and breaking team records?

You will never convince me you wouldn't want to watch your team no matter the situation. If you would rather watch a "better" game, you're not a true fan. I guarantee if the roles were reversed and the Dallas game got blacked out, you and quite a few people here would be raising hell. Don't front just because you get to see your game.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2523132 said:
Nor sure. The Baltimore area on this map is grey, which is why I had to go the station's website for a definitive answer.

http://img340.*************/img340/3660/fttrrrwm8.jpg

P.S. Hos gets screwed again.
This map is not accurate. It wasn't even accurate when it was posted. I raised hell with Fox43 for days, and received an email from their sports director the day before you posted the map, saying they were airing the Skins game in Hampton Roads. Google fail lol.

links18

Reaction score
SweetDC;2525403 said:

Do you really believe that? Would you rather watch the Chargers/Broncos game if our game was meaningless?

SweetDC

Reaction score
Extreme;2525484 said:
So if your team was playing in a less than desirable game, you'd rather watch a better game? Would you still say this if you had players on the verge of achieving personal bests and breaking team records?

You will never convince me you wouldn't want to watch your team no matter the situation. If you would rather watch a "better" game, you're not a true fan. I guarantee if the roles were reversed and the Dallas game got blacked out, you and quite a few people here would be raising hell. Don't front just because you get to see your game.
Can someone please point me in the direction of this "True Fan" Constitution that everyone refers to of because apparently I have broken a True Fan law.

From what I gather, a true fan MUST watch each and every game with death being the only excuse; dare not enjoy watching any other team play or be so disappointed in your own team that you would rather watch another game; and never, ever overly criticize your team no matter how poorly they are playing, or it's to the Not a True Fan klink for you.

Aww shucks for me then. And here I dumbly thought that for the past 29 years I was a true fan. My fanhood bubble bursts. Good thing I've been set straight. Does this mean that all my rooting and cheering over three decades has been a farce? Am I now in fanhood limbo until I can get my act together or does the True Fan Consititution not allow for the occassional transgression? Of most concern to me is will my offspring have to bear my not a true fan shame? Perhaps if they promise to renounce their mother they can avoid the stigmata. I hope so for their sakes.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SweetDC;2525701 said:
Can someone please point me in the direction of this "True Fan" Constitution that everyone refers to of because apparently I have broken a True Fan law.

From what I gather, a true fan MUST watch each and every game with death being the only excuse; dare not enjoy watching any other team play or be so disappointed in your own team that you would rather watch another game; and never, ever overly criticize your team no matter how poorly they are playing, or it's to the Not a True Fan klink for you.

Aww shucks for me then. And here I dumbly thought that for the past 29 years I was a true fan. My fanhood bubble bursts. Good thing I've been set straight. Does this mean that all my rooting and cheering over three decades has been a farce? Am I now in fanhood limbo until I can get my act together or does the True Fan Consititution not allow for the occassional transgression? Of most concern to me is will my offspring have to bear my not a true fan shame? Perhaps if they promise to renounce their mother they can avoid the stigmata. I hope so for their sakes.

It's not just you. I've been battling this myopic, pro-Dallas extremism for years. They can’t help themselves, can they? They can’t help preening, saying, in effect, “See how virtuous I am? My biases are correct. I am a fully paid-up member of the herd — nothing independent-minded about me whatsoever.” These are the same frontrunning "fans" who were largely MIA after the Baltimore game, but have slowly crawled out of the woodwork as we get closer to Philly. They don't have the balls to slate management or the team, no matter how justified said criticism, so they take a powder from reality instead. Conversely, the rest of us are here 24/7, win or lose.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
sweetdc and bbgun, you both completely missed the point I was making. i never said or implied that either of you weren't real fans. I was pointing out how absurd it is for you to sit there and tell fans of other teams who they should want to see play more.

Like I said, if the roles were reversed, you'd be pissed too. Guess what? Dallas/Philthy is not the best game on this week, but you're still gonna watch it right? Why? Based on what you're saying, you should be just as big of a fan of football and not just your team right? Why not watch the better game instead of Dallas?

Are you getting it yet? Never once did I question your fanhood, or whether you are true fans. I simply said that you can not tell another fan what game they should prefer to watch, when you are not in the situation they are in, and your game is being shown regardless.

The Dallas game will have more implications, and more than likely will be a better game. But why the hell would any Commanders fan prefer to watch two hated rivals play than their own team? You'd be a fool to do so.

If Dallas was 0-15 and playing an 0-15 team, but Washington was playing Philly for the division, which game would you rather watch? We both know your choice.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2525721 said:
It's not just you. I've been battling this myopic, pro-Dallas extremism for years. They can’t help themselves, can they? They can’t help preening, saying, in effect, “See how virtuous I am? My biases are correct. I am a fully paid-up member of the herd — nothing independent-minded about me whatsoever.” These are the same frontrunning "fans" who were largely MIA after the Baltimore game, but have slowly crawled out of the woodwork as we get closer to Philly. They don't have the balls to slate management or the team, no matter how justified said criticism, so they take a powder from reality instead. Conversely, the rest of us are here 24/7, win or lose.
You're here 24/7 win or lose because it's a Cowboy fan site and you're a Cowboy fan. Are you missing a chromosome? You're calling opposing fans out for not living on your site? I don't get it.

For the record, Dallas fans pulled the same **** on ES when we beat you guys early in the season. Not 1 trash talker came back for weeks. But guess who came in running their mouths in November? Those same fans.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2525772 said:
sweetdc and bbgun, you both completely missed the point I was making..

I never referenced you at all. I'm talking about a certain mentality. Whether or not you see yourself in that description is up to you.

i never said or implied that either of you weren't real fans. I was pointing out how absurd it is for you to sit there and tell fans of other teams who they should want to see play more

I have no interest in that Dallas-Skins poll because I don't receive that station. If Skins fans ultimately won the poll, then bully for them. My only concern was the Baltimore station.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2525776 said:
You're here 24/7 win or lose because it's a Cowboy fan site and you're a Cowboy fan. Are you missing a chromosome? You're calling opposing fans out for not living on your site? I don't get it.

All my chromosomes are intact and accounted for. "Real" fans are here in good times and bad. They don't take a mini-vacation from reality when the going gets tough. They don't pretend that the Baltimore game never happened just because our playoff hopes are still alive. In politics, we call these people "sunshine patriots." In the business world, "yes men." Stalin's pet name for them was "useful idiots." Be a fan, not an enabler.