Help Me Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out your starters. Who is the other DT and the other CB? Also your starting Oline would be nice too. No offense but you have quite a few holes on these positons.

Tony D

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm trying to figure out your starters. Who is the other DT and the other CB? Also your starting Oline would be nice too. No offense but you have quite a few holes on these positons.

Right now it's Willie Blade at DT and Pete Hunter at CB.

Our O-line is
LT-Flozell Adams
LG-Larry Allen/If LA traded Stephen Peterman(3rd Rd 2004)
C-Al Johnson(2nd Rd 2003)
RG-Andre Gurode
RT-Jacob Rogers(2nd Rd 2004)

Our depth will be better also, guys that were staring last year at C and RT will now be backups.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Your starting CBs are.........?

Woods

Reaction score
Well, one CB is Newman, and right now his counterpart is likely Pete Hunter.

On the DT, we've got Ellis, Glover, BLADE, and M. Wiley.

I think Blade probably gets the nod over L. Carson, a pick-up last year.

On the OL, it will probably look like Flo. Adams, LA, Al Johnson (who was injured last year), Gurode, and Rogers (our 2nd round draft choice).

If LA is traded, I'd guess Peterman, our 3rd round pick, would have the upper hand.

Woods

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I'd also add that our depth on the OL should be pretty good this year (knock on wood). And what's especially positive concerning our depth on the OL is that the players are virtually all young guys with a lot of upside.

Our OL coach, Warhop, and BP should be able to coach these guys up.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

As of today i'd say this:
Offense
LT Adams
LG LArry Allen (if gone Peterman)
C Big Al Johnson (back up Lehr)
RG Gurode (Possibly Peterman if LA stays and starts at LG)
QB QC, Hutch, Henson, Romo (Soon to be Collins.hehe, QC, and Henson)
RT Jacob Rogers (Vollers and Tucker to compete)
HB Julius Joes
FB Ritchie Anderson
WR Keyshawn, Glenn, and Antonio Bryant
TE Campbell and Witten

Defense
DE Wiley and Ellis
DT Willie Blade and Glover
LB Coakley, Dat, Singleton, and maybe Bradie James
CB Newman and Pete Hunter (needs to be upgraded)
FS "ROY WILLIAMS"
SS Woody

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Your starting CBs are.........?
Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, and Matt Ware/Roderick Hood at Nickleback/Dimeback.

I think that this was surpose to show a weakness but I feel that these players will play great. Remember Sheppard and Brown got the majority of the snaps last year over Taylor and Vincent who missed most of the season due to injury. We went 12-4. Also remember that Vincent and Taylor started the NFC Championship game. Also remember the Vincent didn't play Vs GB in the play offs. This position is NOT a weakness for us. They are proven players and are surprisingly still both younger than 25 (26 9-6-04) year old Newman and 24 yr old Hunter.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Do you have a capable NB and DB? Also, who is the starting TE? Campbell or Witten?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Another question (sorry), do you have faith starting 2 rookies at oline drafted in the third and 2nd round? and a 2nd round draft pick a year ago? I'm not fimiliar with these guys.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, and Matt Ware/Roderick Hood at Nickleback/Dimeback.

I think that this was surpose to show a weakness but I feel that these players will play great. Remember Sheppard and Brown got the majority of the snaps last year over Taylor and Vincent who missed most of the season due to injury. We went 12-4. Also remember that Vincent and Taylor started the NFC Championship game. Also remember the Vincent didn't play Vs GB in the play offs. This position is NOT a weakness for us. They are proven players and are surprisingly still both younger than 25 (26 9-6-04) year old Newman and 24 yr old Hunter.
Ty Law is older than all of them, so he' really bad huh?

Please.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Ty Law is older than all of them, so he' really bad huh?

Please.
What? I never said he is bad, I just said that I wouldn't want him on my team.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
We have the exact same guys at Dt as last year. a probowler at one spot and a rotation at the other.

As it stands today we have three starters from last year no longer on this team and only only one of those spots will be filled by guys that were on the squad last year:

Ekubust
Edwards*
Galloway

I don't count Ryan Young because he lost the starting job during the season or the punter because kickers don't count ;)

Where do the Eagles stand?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Do you have a capable NB and DB? Also, who is the starting TE? Campbell or Witten?

I guess that depnds on whether it's a pass play or running play...passing it's Witten, running it's Campbell.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
What? I never said he is bad, I just said that I wouldn't want him on my team.
I was making an observation on what ages had to do with anything.

Fly by....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:

The nickle back we signed last year was Donald Mitchell from the Titans...he was considered one of the better NB's in the league but he got hurt in camp last season and we kept him on IR...he should be fine this year.

Our current CBs consists of ....

Newman
Hunter
Davison
Powell
Mitchell
Nathan Jones (Rookie)
Jaques Reeves (rookie)
Thornton (rookie)

I think we also signed a few players from UDFA.

Witten and Campbell will be the main TEs...with Rookie Sean Ryan brought in for a stronger run blocking game.

Robinson is a TE but he will stay with Long Snapping duties.

Whalen is another TE that was more of a ST ace...his chances of being on the team once the season starts may not be very good since he can not block well and we got the Rookie for that....however the Coach does like Whalen...so who knows.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Where do the Eagles stand?

What do you mean? Do you mean how many starters are different than last year? 9 (a lot more than you thought huh). They were all (except for the CBs) upgrades. A couple of washes.

HB-Correll Buckhalter-Brian Westbrook
WR-James Thrash-Terrell Owens
G-John Welbourn-Shawn Andrews
TE-Chad Lewis-LJ Smith
DE-ND Kalu-Jevon Kearse
DE-Brandon Whiting-Jerome McDougle
LB-Carlos Emmons-Dhani Jones
CB-Troy Vincent-Lito Sheppard
CB-Bobby Taylor-Sheldon Brown

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
What do you mean? Do you mean how many starters are different than last year? 9 (a lot more than you thought huh). They were all (except for the CBs) upgrades. A couple of washes.

HB-Correll Buckhalter-Brian Westbrook
WR-James Thrash-Terrell Owens
G-John Welbourn-Shawn Andrews
TE-Chad Lewis-LJ Smith
DE-ND Kalu-Jevon Kearse
DE-Brandon Whiting-Jerome McDougle
LB-Carlos Emmons-Dhani Jones
CB-Troy Vincent-Lito Sheppard
CB-Bobby Taylor-Sheldon Brown
I asked how many starters from last year are no longer on your team?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
I asked how many starters from last year are no longer on your team?
James Thrash
John Welbourn
Brandon Whiting
Carlos Emmons
Troy Vincent
Bobby Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.