Help Me Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoldedSpace

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but who cares where the eagles stand? I only think about them when they are across the field on Sunday. I'm not obsessed with some other team....

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
FoldedSpace said:
Not to be rude, but who cares where the eagles stand? I only think about them when they are across the field on Sunday. I'm not obsessed with some other team....
As a division rival I care.

now, to sound rude, in the future simply ignore posts that don't interest you. It is very easy.

AJM1613

Reaction score
FoldedSpace said:
I think that you should care because we directly effect your team, strongly.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Another question (sorry), do you have faith starting 2 rookies at oline drafted in the third and 2nd round? and a 2nd round draft pick a year ago? I'm not fimiliar with these guys.

YEs....because they were personally selected by the Tuna :D

Do you have faith that you wil ever get beyond the NFC Championship Game ?

Bizwah

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, and Matt Ware/Roderick Hood at Nickleback/Dimeback.

I think that this was surpose to show a weakness but I feel that these players will play great. Remember Sheppard and Brown got the majority of the snaps last year over Taylor and Vincent who missed most of the season due to injury. We went 12-4. Also remember that Vincent and Taylor started the NFC Championship game. Also remember the Vincent didn't play Vs GB in the play offs. This position is NOT a weakness for us. They are proven players and are surprisingly still both younger than 25 (26 9-6-04) year old Newman and 24 yr old Hunter.

Here's my problem with your logic.

In several debates with you, you've pointed to unproven players and how they're going to be major "improvements" on your team.

I've seen you point to Sheppard and Brown, McDougle, and now Andrews. You say that your holes are filled due to these guys and their potential.

You point to holes in our team, and say they are weaknesses, and insinuate that they may result in our downfall.

But we can use the same arguments you do about our "holes".

At CB we have Newman (a rising star) and Hunter. Hunter may not be proven, but Parcells is expecting big things from him. He has great size (6-2 215) and speed (4.30), has fluid hips, and made major improvements as the year wore on.

At Nickel we return Donald Mitchell, a player that most folks thought was one of the better NCBs in the league.

We're status quo along the DL. And I don't think that's a bad thing, considering we were just fine there last year.

We made major improvements along the OL by adding Rogers and Peterman. Graham will provide good depth.

Here's how I see our lineup.

Offense:
LT: Adams (Pro-Bowl)--no upgrade needed
LG: Allen (Pro-Bowl)/Peterman--Allen made the Pro-Bowl on rep...Peterman will, at worst, be a solid OG.
C: Johnson (Parcells is excited about this guy) major upgrade
RG: Gurode--I expect bigger things from him this year.
RT: Rogers--upgrade

WR: Key--upgrade...we need a tough, over-the-middle WR
WR: Glenn--no upgrade needed....a fine no. 2
TE: Campbell/Witten-- no upgrade needed
RB: Jones--major upgrade
FB: Anderson-- no upgrade needed
QB: Carter--need an upgrade, but we traded for Henson

Defense: No matter what you want to believe, we have a heck of a defense.
LDE: Ellis--no upgrade needed
DT: Glover (Pro-Bowl)--no upgrade needed
DT: Blade/Carson-- could use an upgrade, but played fine last year
RDE: Wiley-- major upgrade

LB: Coakely (Pro-Bowl)-- no upgrade needed
LB: Dat (should've made the Pro-Bowl)-- no upgrade needed
LB: Singleton/James-- no upgrade needed. James is ready to take over.

CB: Newman (Pro-Bowl alternate)-- no upgrade needed
S: Williams (Pro-Bowl) --no ugrade needed
S: Woodson-- I'd be more comfortable with a solid backup...but Woody's ok.
CB: Hunter-- I'd be more comfortable with an upgrade. But potential, potential, potential.

There you have it. I think, just as you do, that our unproven players have filled our holes quite nicely.....It can work both ways.

GeneralPatton

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
We're status quo along the DL. And I don't think that's a bad thing, considering we were just fine there last year.

I think the addition of Wiley is big. Not really status quo there.

The General

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Is that why you're over here?
Exactly

Mike 1967 said:
YEs....because they were personally selected by the Tuna

Do you have faith that you wil ever get beyond the NFC Championship Game ?

Were they? Even though he isn't the GM? I can't remember, was he even the GM for the Giants, Jets and Pats? I didn't realize that he was THAT good of a drafter.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
In several debates with you, you've pointed to unproven players and how they're going to be major "improvements" on your team.

I've seen you point to Sheppard and Brown, McDougle, and now Andrews. You say that your holes are filled due to these guys and their potential.

You point to holes in our team, and say they are weaknesses, and insinuate that they may result in our downfall.

But we can use the same arguments you do about our "holes".
Sheppard (Pick 28) and Brown (Pick 59) are proven. McDougle was the 15th pick in the draft and Andrews was the 16th. These guys are not Rookie 3rd round draft picks, they are proven players who either played well for us in the past, or were mid 1st round picks where this kind of production is expected. Where did I say that Sheppard and Brown are major improvements over Vincent and Taylor? If I did then please point it out because I obviously don't think that you can improve on one of the greatest CB tandoms in history. They may however, outplay their predisisors (SP) this year.

We made major improvements along the OL by adding Rogers and Peterman. Graham will provide good depth.
I don't think that you can say that yet. I'm not saying that they don't have potential but they are 2nd and 3rd round rookies, not exactly a major improvement over the best guard of all time.

Here's how I see our lineup.

Offense:
LT: Adams (Pro-Bowl)--no upgrade needed
LG: Allen (Pro-Bowl)/Peterman--Allen made the Pro-Bowl on rep...Peterman will, at worst, be a solid OG.
C: Johnson (Parcells is excited about this guy) major upgrade
RG: Gurode--I expect bigger things from him this year.
RT: Rogers--upgrade
Again you are implying that these guys will be good. Something you can't say until they play at least one game.
WR: Key--upgrade...we need a tough, over-the-middle WR
I don't exactly agree with this. I think he is the most overrated reciever of all time and I have been saying that for a while now, not just because he is on the Cowboys. He realy is no better than what you had last year. That is just my opinion though.
RB: Jones--major upgrade
I agree that he will be an upgrade but again, everything you say is just assuming that these rookies will produce a lot their rookie year.
QB: Carter--need an upgrade, but we traded for Henson
I'm not going to coment on this...
Defense: No matter what you want to believe, we have a heck of a defense.
Your defense isn't bad, just not the best in the league.
RDE: Wiley-- major upgrade
Hopefully he can improve on his 3 sacks last year...or 6 from the year before.
CB: Newman (Pro-Bowl alternate)-- no upgrade needed
S: Williams (Pro-Bowl) --no ugrade needed
S: Woodson-- I'd be more comfortable with a solid backup...but Woody's ok.
CB: Hunter-- I'd be more comfortable with an upgrade. But potential, potential, potential.
Good secondary but I haven't realy heard anything good about Hunter, even on this site!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm trying to figure out your starters. Who is the other DT and the other CB? Also your starting Oline would be nice too. No offense but you have quite a few holes on these positons.

You just worry about your own team, Cupcake. It doesn't matter who starts on the OL, at DT, or at RCB, they'll be ready to play every sunday.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
You just worry about your own team, Cupcake. It doesn't matter who starts on the OL, at DT, or at RCB, they'll be ready to play every sunday.

Quit getting fresh with the eagles fans...in other words quit calling them cupcake...you may send the wrong message. :p :eek:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Quit getting fresh with the eagles fans...in other words quit calling them cupcake...you may send the wrong message.

Awesome sigpic, Brainpaint.

I'm not getting fresh with the homo. I'm just calling him what I consider his level of intellect to be. Right on par with a cupcake. :D

AJM1613

Reaction score
Rack said:
They might be ready to play, I just want to know who Kearse is going to embarrass, who Andrews is going to pan cake, and who TO is going to burn :D . Just to get the mental pictures...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
They might be ready to play, I just want to know who Kearse is going to embarrass, who Andrews is going to pan cake, and who TO is going to burn :D . Just to get the mental pictures...

Try picturing TO laying in about three pieces if Roy hits him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, and Matt Ware/Roderick Hood at Nickleback/Dimeback.

I think that this was surpose to show a weakness but I feel that these players will play great. Remember Sheppard and Brown got the majority of the snaps last year over Taylor and Vincent who missed most of the season due to injury. We went 12-4. Also remember that Vincent and Taylor started the NFC Championship game. Also remember the Vincent didn't play Vs GB in the play offs. This position is NOT a weakness for us. They are proven players and are surprisingly still both younger than 25 (26 9-6-04) year old Newman and 24 yr old Hunter.

Brown and Shepard are decent but nothing more. This is not the same group as with a healthy Vincent and Taylor. The Eags should be OK given the DL upgrades but CB is not a strength by any stretch. Neither of those guys are in the same class Terence Newman. Both gave up more TDs last year than Newman even though they played far fewer snaps.

Dallas' nickelback will be Donald Mitchell. In the dime the 6th DB will likely be Tony Dixon.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Try picturing TO laying in about three pieces if Roy hits him.
The chances of him missing the tackle are more likely so I think that I will have to try to imagine that first...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Check Kearse's performance against us as a Titan and you will see he has been held totally in check.

Shawen Andrews eats pancakes far more than delivering them.

AJM1613

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Brown and Shepard are decent but nothing more. This is not the same group as with a healthy Vincent and Taylor. The Eags should be OK given the DL upgrades but CB is not a strength by any stretch. Neither of those guys are in the same class Terence Newman. Both gave up more TDs last year than Newman even though they played far fewer snaps.

See you can't make that assumption. Remember Dawkins was out the games that they played in. If you could tell me where you got your information about how many TDs Lito and Sheldon gave up I would like to see it. I remember Brown shutting down Antonio Bryant and Sheppard shuting down Terry Glenn, but I am sure you put that memory in the back of your head. To remind you that neither of them had a catch in the second game, along with Galloway, would be nice...They will do fine in that system.

AJM1613

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Check Kearse's performance against us as a Titan and you will see he has been held totally in check.

Shawn Andrews eats pancakes far more than delivering them.

When did you play him? He didn't play in that game in 2002. Shawn Andrews does eat a lot of pancakes, but I'm sure his pancakes will even out.

Status
Not open for further replies.