Help Me Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
They might be ready to play, I just want to know who Kearse is going to embarrass, who Andrews is going to pan cake, and who TO is going to burn :D . Just to get the mental pictures...
Flozell pancakes kearse, newman shuts down TO, and werever you put andrews, he will get ran over...

Lord Sun

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Are you serious?

Pinkston was improving (181 yards in 2000, 586 in 2001, 798 in 2002) until last season and looked like he would be ready for a 1000 yard season in 2003. He only got 575 yards recieving. He should have been solid last year but he was diappointing. Billy McMullen looked great coming out of college and this coming year, has a chance to unseat Pinkston as the number two.

Last year we didn't look like we would be that good, we had no pass rush, awful recievers and 9 defensive players (5 on IR) out for most of last year. We also had 3 offensive players (2 on IR) out for most of the year.

You realy have no idea what you are talking about do you?

So, um, your whole "point" is that you had some players you thought would be good, but they were crap, and last year you thought your team would be crap, but it turned out you weren't right until your annual championship game meltdown, but somehow you come on here acting as if you know who's going to be good and who's not? So if your DB's do a disappearing act, like Pinkston, will you come over here and eat crow? If our DB (whom none of us have lauded to high heaven, Lord knows) performs consistently, will you shut the heck up? I doubt it, cuz you seem to like reading your own typing.

Lord Sun

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Hey moron, let’s try this again.

Wow! You are realy picky. I spelt 4 words wrong, and realized it after I did it. I'm sorry, "Annalist", "Really", Suppose", "Receiver" there better? How about them Mavericks, Stars, or Rangers? You have some premire teams to root for down in Dallas. You just made my point about what I have been saying about Cowboy fans my hole life, FRONT RUNNER. You said that we have a loosing francise, you think that is going to make me stop rooting for the team I have been rooting for my whole life? You are a stereo typical Dallas fan. We have three championships, what an AWFUL francise...You proably don't remember though, you know Dallas was bad back then, must have been a Packer fan. You can't even give valid points without bashing me, for not paying attention to the way I was spelling. It is extremely sad.

SPELT is valid. Other than that, dude definitely needs a spell-check.

Lord Sun

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Quotes from Mickey Spagnola. Here is the link. I don't know if you trust this guy or not. I will look for a more credible source. I thought I saw a quote somewhere directly from Jones about this, I will look into it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/spagnola.cfm?id=2227E122-977A-16F1-5B5ACB032887272E

You know, Bill probably liked Roy Williams II as well, and Eli Manning, when it comes down to it, but clearly not so much that he felt we had to reach for them, or Andrews. Had Andrews fallen to us, we might have taken him, or we might have done exactly what we ended up doing, trading down and taking the running back we wanted - not coveted, or drooled over, like you and Fat Bastid obviously did with Andrews.

AtlCB

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
You are a front runner arn't you? It is sad, realy, that people root for teams just because they are doing well.

That quote shows a serious lack of character on your part. Eric was posting as Cowboys fan during the Cowboys 5-11 years. Also, no one remembers the Eagles superbo.....er championships because most of us were not alive in the 1940's.

AtlCB

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
That can be said about any team, you do see more jerseys when they are doing well, that doesn't mean that the fans arn't diehard fans. In Philadelphia winning is everything, even if we boo our team or players we are doing it because of our love for the game and the sucess of the team. We are the only fans that are consitant though, boo when they are doing bad and boo when they are good :D .
I saw plenty of Cowboys jerseys here in Atlanta even when the Cowboys were not doing well. So much for that theory.

AtlCB

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
How does Hunter have a much greater upside? That shows right there that you are being bias (SP) towards your team, just like you acused me of.

I will repeat this again, and type slow. The only reason why I said that our needs are filled better than yours is because 3 of our 4 positions are being filled with the last 3 first round picks. Lito Sheppard, Jerome McDougle, and Shawn Andrews. Not undrafted (??) Pete Hunter, a rookie 3rd round pick, a rookie 2nd round pick and a 2nd year 2nd round pick. We also have two players who have NFL experience ready to take over for Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews in case either one of these guys do not live up to their potential and hype. Both of these replacement players have proven they can play at the NFL level (no matter what you say). Artis Hicks started 4 games for us last year and appeared in 10. Derrick Burgess has played in 19 games for us. Both of them played better than the two players that they would be replacing (Welbourn and Whiting) so we are set at those two positions no matter how Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews pan out.

I just don't see your logic here. We have 4 capable starters with NFL experience and you have 3 rookies and 1 2nd year player with no NFL experience at all. Your players are way more likely to be a bust because those 4 players have NEVER played in an NFL game our 4 players have and played well. Please explain this too me without bringing up McDougle or Andrews.

Also if you could tell me how you aquired Pete Hunter (draft, FA, UDFA...) I would like to know. I was pretty sure it was UDFA but I am not sure.
Has Lito Sheppard or Jerome McDougle lived up to their first round status?

AtlCB

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Lito, yes. McDougle...he was hurt all last year.
What has Lito Sheppard done to live up to his first round status? Was it his one interception or the times he got burnt or the safety help he needed. Despite the success your team had getting to the opposing quarterback, your pass defense stunk.

AJM1613

Reaction score
AtlCB said:
What has Lito Sheppard done to live up to his first round status? Was it his one interception or the times he got burnt or the safety help he needed. Despite the success your team had getting to the opposing quarterback, your pass defense stunk.
Watch and see. This was an unfair question. You need 3 years to judge draft picks, BTW Lito doesn't get beat, he gets out jumped.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, and Matt Ware/Roderick Hood at Nickleback/Dimeback.

I think that this was surpose to show a weakness but I feel that these players will play great. Remember Sheppard and Brown got the majority of the snaps last year over Taylor and Vincent who missed most of the season due to injury. We went 12-4. Also remember that Vincent and Taylor started the NFC Championship game. Also remember the Vincent didn't play Vs GB in the play offs. This position is NOT a weakness for us. They are proven players and are surprisingly still both younger than 25 (26 9-6-04) year old Newman and 24 yr old Hunter.
maybe i'm a little hazy on this one but didn't philadelphia really only hit their stride once vincent, taylor and dawkins were all healthy and on the field - about midway through the season? i think the eagles will miss vincent and taylor more than they realize.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Another question (sorry), do you have faith starting 2 rookies at oline drafted in the third and 2nd round? and a 2nd round draft pick a year ago? I'm not fimiliar with these guys.
considering they haven't played a regularseason down in this league - we ain't too familiar with 'em either. but al johnson woulda been the starter last year if he hadn't blown the knee. parcells indicated he was impressed with the guy. jacob rogers played LT in college and was a standout on a very good unit on a very good team. RT should be a much easier transition for him. we'll know soon enough. i can't see the position being any more of a disaster than it was last year.
i just hope gurode fights his way back. his sophomore season was a real disappointment. i don't think the team can count on larry allen. i was one of his staunchest supporters entering last season and he made a liar out of me. half the time he was blocking air. it's the first time i've been miffed at a cowboy being selected to the probowl. he may well be gone when the season opens.

AJM1613

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
maybe i'm a little hazy on this one but didn't philadelphia really only hit their stride once vincent, taylor and dawkins were all healthy and on the field - about midway through the season? i think the eagles will miss vincent and taylor more than they realize.
Noooo....We hit stride before that. As soon as Taylor came back, Vincent left the next week. We still have Dawkins, who we didn't have most of last season. Imagine not having Roy Williams for 9 games, then times that effect by 2. That would give you the same effect of losing Dawkins for 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.